What's new

China: a force fit for a superpower

do you know what it means when a sentence ends with ?

Yes, a question mark at the end of a poor assumption. Not all of us think alike you know.

Anyway, Cardsharp has clarified exactly what he has a problem with in the article.

Now the question is, do you agree or disagree with the article, and perhaps you could give a reason why this time.

Yes, such a great service. :azn:
Glad to see you agree.

Tell me, how many wars did America start in the past ten years?
Enough to keep the Chicom in check.

Service with bombs I guess.
Bombs where they are needed. And service where it is needed...U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief...By the way, PEPFAR was started by B43. Let everyone knows when Hu Jintao starts something similar.

Consider all plus and minus USA is best country to be Super Power and I prey from bottom of my heart that they stay there. They truely deserve it.

Anywhere there is natural disaster and people need help, US is the first country to be there. Here companies run dontation campaign and look at the kind heartedness of the people of this country, even when they are loosing jobs they will still donate more than a Chinese can think of. What's the point having money and telling everyone about your richenss when you cannot help people in need. Do we need a Super Power which is selfish, does not help others and arrogant? I guess no.

US also helped fix world law and order situation by sending troops where there was lawlessness. Ofcourse they did some mistake, but who does not do that.

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

阿叉 摩羅差;1405221 said:
Western interests fueling delusions of grandeur to give Chinese Hawks and Militarists a reason to derail their peaceful economic rise. That's what they fear the most the PRC's growing economic power. Only way to derail that is to cause a conflict.

PLA(N)(AF) is nowhere near superpower levels and besides what's the point beating once chest over the possibility of becoming a superpower when an hyperpower lurks all over their backyard and a resurgent nuclear power sharing a common border.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

Exactly right. :tup:

The media likes to throw around the word "superpower" even in situations where it clearly does not apply. Hype and sensationalism at its best.

Enough to keep the Chicom in check.

Getting stuck in Afghanistan and Iraq, and soon to be Iran and/or North Korea, all designed to keep "Chicom" in check?

Interesting theory.

I don't buy it of course, but I wouldn't mind hearing the logic behind it.

阿叉 摩羅差;1405221 said:
Western interests fueling delusions of grandeur to give Chinese Hawks and Militarists a reason to derail their peaceful economic rise. That's what they fear the most the PRC's growing economic power. Only way to derail that is to cause a conflict.

PLA(N)(AF) is nowhere near superpower levels and besides what's the point beating once chest over the possibility of becoming a superpower when an hyperpower lurks all over their backyard and a resurgent nuclear power sharing a common border.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

Eventually China will economicly surpass the U.S. though that is still a ways down the road. What the rest of the world is concerned about. Is the almost bully attitude they have taken with their neighbors. China wants to lay claim to resources that by international standards would not belong to them.

Now add that with the extreme nationalism that seems to be taking hold. And it gives the world some pause as to why they need such a large arms build up. Some of the attitudes are remeniscent of pre WWII Japan.

Eventually China will economicly surpass the U.S. though that is still a ways down the road. What the rest of the world is concerned about. Is the almost bully attitude they have taken with their neighbors. China wants to lay claim to resources that by international standards would not belong to them.

Now add that with the extreme nationalism that seems to be taking hold. And it gives the world some pause as to why they need such a large arms build up. Some of the attitudes are remeniscent of pre WWII Japan.

Like I said before, how many wars has America started in the past ten years alone?

America's defence budget is bigger than all the other major nations combined, so your question "why do they need such a large arms build up"... would be served well with a little introspection.

You guys have just been looking for a "big bad guy" to focus on, ever since the USSR collapsed. This American advertisement shows it quite nicely:

It is a fairly effective effort at demonizing another country/people. In my opinion though, America should focus more of its effort on finding those who can, have, and will strike at the American mainland, i.e. the terrorist organizations. Start with finding Osama Bin Laden.

Last edited by a moderator:
While China has both Military might and money, it lacks doing any big service to world unlike USA.

The US runs major relief operations around the world, it gives money to people in need.

On the other hand China, has not done much. Even when Pakistan had worst floods, China not even gave half of what US gave. This when they are suppose to be richest and all weather friend of Pakistan. Their best at the time of being the richest is not even close to what USA did at its worst economic crisis.

I believed China aid to Pakistan flood victims reached $250million in addition to medical team and rescue helicopters.

This was at the time when China itself was facing devastating flood that left thousands of its own people dead.

Getting stuck in Afghanistan and Iraq, and soon to be Iran and/or North Korea, all designed to keep "Chicom" in check?

Interesting theory.

I don't buy it of course, but I wouldn't mind hearing the logic behind it.
Stuck? When Stalin said that quantity has a quality all of its own, part of that crude peasant wisdom came from the truth that quantity works well when one is engaging in a teeth baring contest. What you called 'stuck' is but gaining experience and that kind of military institutional memory is something China cannot buy. China is looking at a large quantity and quality of very sharp US military teeth.

Stalin didn't say that. I recall you keep trying to pass yourself off as some sort of military expert but informed members called you out on that. Like that time you copied and pasted generic engineering textbook excerpts. Ooooh.... we are all so in awe of your military expertise... not.

Once alternative sources of energy are found and enough thermonuclear weapons are up to protect them, the US is finished. Without its domination of oil and oil's defacto role as a store of value, the USD will steadily lose its value.

Not underestimating the US of course. Knowing the US, it will do everything in its power to keep the rest of the world addicted to oil (which it has a near monopoly over) while itself builds new sources of power.

Stalin didn't say that.
Do not care.

I recall you keep trying to pass yourself off as some sort of military expert but informed members called you out on that. Like that time you copied and pasted generic engineering textbook excerpts. Ooooh.... we are all so in awe of your military expertise... not.
Considering those basic principles completely debunked those fantastic claims, to the point that one of you bailed the forum altogether, you should learn something about the value of basic principles.

Stalin didn't say that. I recall you keep trying to pass yourself off as some sort of military expert but informed members called you out on that. Like that time you copied and pasted generic engineering textbook excerpts. Ooooh.... we are all so in awe of your military expertise... not.

Who said that quantity has a quality of its own? | ChaCha Answers

"Joseph Stalin is the one who said, Quantity has a quality of its own. He also said, Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

there are other links that quote Stalin saying it as well.

Once alternative sources of energy are found and enough thermonuclear weapons are up to protect them, the US is finished. Without its domination of oil and oil's defacto role as a store of value, the USD will steadily lose its value.

Not underestimating the US of course. Knowing the US, it will do everything in its power to keep the rest of the world addicted to oil (which it has a near monopoly over) while itself builds new sources of power.

Big assumptions you are making.

1. Sustainable thermonuclear reaction/or other alternative source of energy is just round the corner.

2. US which has pioneered almost every technology in the last century will not be the first to discover such source of energy and control it the way, you think it controls the middle east oil ..especially when their R&D is decades ahead of any other country in the world.

Do not care.

Considering those basic principles completely debunked those fantastic claims, to the point that one of you bailed the forum altogether, you should learn something about the value of basic principles.

Thats what you call an "ugly face' of a "vietcom":tup:
Do not care? when you get caught of bullsh!tting?:lol:
Well, what can i possibly expect from a typical "vietcom"?=lies and propaganda.:D
"Communist in heart, traitor by choice" :yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom