What's new

China building new Type 052D guided missile destroyer

Quasar

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Type+052d+HHQ-9+destroyer+class+Lanzhou+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+china+Active+Electronically+Scanned+Array%2528AESA%2529+Type+730+CIWS+C-805+602+anti-ship+land+attack+cruise+missiles+4th+173+1723456789+%25285%2529.jpg

Type+052d+HHQ-9+destroyer+class+Lanzhou+People's+Liberation+Army+Navy+china+Active+Electronically+Scanned+Array(AESA)+Type+730+CIWS+C-805+602+anti-ship+land+attack+cruise+missiles+4th+173+1723456789+(4).jpg

The Chinese Navy appears to be developing a brand new type of guided-missile destroyer (DDG) and could be producing several hulls simultaneously, a development that could further tip the balance of power in the Taiwan Strait.

Images have emerged on Chinese military Web sites in recent weeks that seem to confirm the long-rumored development of the Type 052D destroyer, which some analysts are comparing to Aegis-equipped destroyers in the US Navy. More recently, two hulls were pictured at China State Shipbuilding Corp’s Jiangnan Changxing shipyard near Shanghai earlier this month. The first “dock launch” occurred yesterday.

According to China military watchers, as many as 10 Type 052D DDGs could be under construction at various shipyards. If true, this would be a departure from past practice for Chinese shipbuilders, which usually develop one or two hulls and launch a series of tests before entering mass production. Analysts have speculated that Chinese engineers may have become confident enough in the subsystems used on the new destroyer to risk accelerated development.

At 160m long and 18m wide, the Type 052D is slightly larger than its predecessor, the Type 052C, and is believed to weigh just over 6,000 tonnes. Reports indicate the vessel will use a Type 346 Active Phased Array Radar System and a Type 518 L-band long-range radar.

Meanwhile, the main 100mm gun on the Type 052C, reportedly unreliable, appears to have been replaced by a new PJ-38 130mm gun. The vessel also comes with a helicopter-landing platform and close-in weapon systems.

According to China Military News, the new destroyer comes with two 32-unit vertical launch systems capable of launching HQ-9B air-defense missiles, anti-ship and anti-submarine missiles. The original YJ-62 missile launchers used on the Type 052C do not appear to be present on the new DDG. It has been speculated that the Type 052D could be equipped with a navalized version of the DH-10 land-attack cruise missile.

Defense analysts believe the Type 052D could enter service in 2014.

In related developments, China’s first aircraft carrier, the retrofitted former-Varyag, left Dalian Port in Liaoning Province yesterday and embarked on its 10th sea trial yesterday. The carrier, which has yet to be christened, but is likely to be named after a Chinese province, is expected to enter service later this year.

sory this is the wrong place for posting this thread so I just hope it could be possible for the mods to move it to a proper place if not already posted...sory again

China building new Type 052D guided missile destroyer - Taipei Times

Chinese "Red Aegis" is superior to downgraded Japanese and South Korean Aegis

Hfv4z.jpg

An indigenous Chinese Type 052C "Red Aegis" destroyer is superior to non-indigenous and watered-down Japanese and South Korean Aegis.

Chinese Type 052C/D DDG with AESA radar is superior to Japanese and South Korean DDGs, because America only exports DOWNGRADED weapon systems to other countries.

Japanese and South Korean Aegis (from the U.S.) are inferior copies. The U.S. downgrades the range, resolution, capability, power, etc.

----------

Here is an example:

Japan’s Next Fighters: F-35 Wins The F-X Competition

"In the end, US politics denied export permission for downgraded export variants of the F-22, even as its production line was terminated."

052D Give us a surprise, but seems also is not as big as we early predict! So, it is very interesting.
052D more like a update of 052C, but much more mature, 052D may hint that china have grasp the technology of high propulsion engine completely, and VLS also reach a new level, AESA also have a great breakthrough, all these are base for real next generation destroyer. that's the real good news, I think.
052C was launched in 2003, to now, 9 year, we are not just waiting, we are be patient to improve it, and here we must admire the people work hard for these!!
Like 054, after only 2 054, 054A come out, then real big batch production came. Now, 2 052C have been inducted, 4 052C is under construction, 2 054D appear, the real big batch production of 054D will come, and too much old warship need to be replaced, before 2020, I think there will more than 10 052D will enter into NAVY, it is a little conservatively, I think!!
And, I think update of 054A will be appear soon, it is time!!
Have to said, 054D still can't match for last USA destroyer, the gap between china and USA is more than 1 generation, that's the fact, the china real next generation destroyer 055, we still have to wait for it more than 8 years, 055 will be fitted with more powerfull engine(If it is Nuclear power, better), railgun, which china have resolve the core technology problem, new AESA, which is on the way, as china electronic industry develop fast, it can launch cruise missile with VLS, it is not big problem for chinese scientist and engineer, better missile...... it is the real guard for our nuclear Carrier.
But one question, at that time, I will be older, I hate it!

Type 055,of which the design has been finalized and for which the majority of subsystems are ready,will say “hello world” in 2013 or 2014。

Chinese "Red Aegis" is superior to downgraded Japanese and South Korean Aegis

An indigenous Chinese Type 052C "Red Aegis" destroyer is superior to non-indigenous and watered-down Japanese and South Korean Aegis.

Chinese Type 052C/D DDG with AESA radar is superior to Japanese and South Korean DDGs, because America only exports DOWNGRADED weapon systems to other countries.

Japanese and South Korean Aegis (from the U.S.) are inferior copies. The U.S. downgrades the range, resolution, capability, power, etc.

----------

You keep repeating this and it is entirely wrong. Japan operates the same version of Aegis as the US

he MDA and the Navy are jointly developing Aegis BMD as part of the United States' Ballistic Missile Defense System. Currently, a total of 28 Aegis BMD-equipped warships - 24 in the U.S. Navy and four in the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force - have the certified capability to engage ballistic missiles and perform long-range surveillance and tracking missions. The number of BMD ships is expected to increase to 36 by 2014.

Lockheed Martin · Lockheed Martin?s Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System Successfully Intercepts Second Target This Year

You keep repeating this and it is entirely wrong. Japan operates the same version of Aegis as the US

he MDA and the Navy are jointly developing Aegis BMD as part of the United States' Ballistic Missile Defense System. Currently, a total of 28 Aegis BMD-equipped warships - 24 in the U.S. Navy and four in the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force - have the certified capability to engage ballistic missiles and perform long-range surveillance and tracking missions. The number of BMD ships is expected to increase to 36 by 2014.

Lockheed Martin · Lockheed Martin?s Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System Successfully Intercepts Second Target This Year

I hate idiots like you.

Firstly, I already gave you a citation for the refusal by the U.S. Congress to export DOWNGRADED F-22s.

Secondly, I will give you a second citation for DOWNGRADED Abrams tanks for export (see citation below).

How many examples do you need before you realize it is American policy to export only inferior DOWNGRADED military equipment to other countries?

Did you seriously expect Lockheed Martin to mention the U.S. government policy of mandatory downgrades in their press release for exporting Aegis to Japan? They never mention it. The Japanese public would be furious if they realize they're buying inferior military equipment. You are equally naive.

----------

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Iraq – Iraqi Army: 140 M1A1Ms (downgraded, without depleted uranium layers in armor) on order, to be delivered by 2011. Iraq was leasing 22 US Army M1A1s for training in 2008.[67][83][84][85] The first 11 tanks were delivered to the Iraqi Army in August 2010.[86]

Kuwait – Kuwaiti Army: 218 M1A2s (downgraded, without depleted uranium layers in armor)[87]"

I hate idiots like you.

Firstly, I already gave you a citation for the refusal by the U.S. Congress to export DOWNGRADED F-22s.

Secondly, I will give you a second citation for DOWNGRADED Abrams tanks for export (see citation below).

How many examples do you need before you realize it is American policy to export only inferior DOWNGRADED military equipment to other countries?

Did you seriously expect Lockheed Martin to mention the U.S. government policy of mandatory downgrades in their press release for exporting Aegis to Japan? They never mention it. The Japanese public would be furious if they realize they're buying inferior military equipment. You are equally naive.

What on earth has the F-22 and Abrams got to do with arleigh burke ships? There are dozens of other weapon systems which US has exported to Japan without downgrading or making any changes, why not give those "citations"?

And then you have the gall to call others "idiot".

I hate idiots like you.

----------

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Iraq – Iraqi Army: 140 M1A1Ms (downgraded, without depleted uranium layers in armor) on order, to be delivered by 2011. Iraq was leasing 22 US Army M1A1s for training in 2008.[67][83][84][85] The first 11 tanks were delivered to the Iraqi Army in August 2010.[86]

Kuwait – Kuwaiti Army: 218 M1A2s (downgraded, without depleted uranium layers in armor)[87]"
^your fuzzy logic continues to provide comic relief. thank you :tup:

What on earth has the F-22 and Abrams got to do with arleigh burke ships? There are dozens of other weapon systems which US has exported to Japan without downgrading or making any changes, why not give those "citations"?

And then you have the gall to call others "idiot".

How stupid are you?

The U.S. refuses to export downgraded F-22s.

The M1 Abrams is low-tech and it's downgraded for export.

The Aegis system is cutting-edge missile defense integration. It ranks below the F-22 and far above the M1 Abrams.

The low-tech Abrams is downgraded for export and the high-tech Aegis is not downgraded? Can your stupid Indian brain understand that doesn't make any sense?

----------

High-tech F-22: Downgraded version prohibited from export by U.S. Congress.

High-tech Aegis: Downgraded version exported only to trusted U.S. allies like Japan and NATO countries.

Low-tech M1 Abrams: Downgraded version for export to third-tier U.S. allies.

Do you get it? All U.S. weapon systems are downgraded for export.

^your wishful thinking doesn't equate to reality son.
your citation nonsense has been busted more times than we can care to remember.
deals with kuwait and iraq have no bearing on japan.

How stupid are you?

Not as much as you, thanks for asking. Avoid your personal attacks, debate like a grown up.

The U.S. refuses to export downgraded F-22s.

The M1 Abrams is low-tech and it's downgraded for export.

The Aegis system is cutting-edge missile defense integration. It ranks below the F-22 and far above the M1 Abrams.

The Abrams is downgraded for export and the Aegis is not downgraded? Can your stupid Indian brain understand that doesn't make any sense?

And what ranking is that? Who made that ranking?

LM's website specifically says that USN and Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force both operate the same system.

The MDA and the Navy are jointly developing Aegis BMD as part of the United States' Ballistic Missile Defense System. Currently, a total of 28 Aegis BMD-equipped warships - 24 in the U.S. Navy and four in the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force - have the certified capability to engage ballistic missiles and perform long-range surveillance and tracking missions. The number of BMD ships is expected to increase to 36 by 2014.

Not as much as you, thanks for asking. Avoid your personal attacks, debate like a grown up.

And what ranking is that? Who made that ranking?

LM's website specifically says that USN and Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force both operate the same system.

Show me the specifications on the range, resolution, power, etc.

A press release is not an indication of capability.

Only retarded Indians believe American naval weapon systems are not downgraded, while air force and army equipment are downgraded. That is called a conflicting foreign policy.

Show me the specifications on the range, resolution, power, etc.

A press release is not an indication of capability.
the info on standard capabilities are easily available, ask someone else to spoon feed you.

the info on standard capabilities are easily available, ask someone else to spoon feed you.

Show it to me with reputable citations for the American and Japanese Aegis. If you can't, concede this debate.

Back
Top Bottom