What's new

China can no longer plead poverty

developed or developing, how china formulates policies to govern its economy is nobody's business, western governments can bark all they want.

off-topic: As a citizen, I'm quite pleased to see GOI taking a neutral stance at the Chinese currency issue.

developed or developing, how china formulates policies to govern its economy is nobody's business, western governments can bark all they want.

off-topic: As a citizen, I'm quite pleased to see GOI taking a neutral stance at the Chinese currency issue.

A good stance, once they get done with China they'll probably come after India on its currency.

A good stance, once they get done with China they'll probably come after India on its currency.

They may come after the currency since there is enough market based fluctuations in the exchange rate. For ex, at its peak before recession the exchange rate was as high as 37 rupees to a dollar which went upto 53 at its weak point, currently at 44.

But, generally I agree that there will be some kinds of pressure on India... already there are a lot of visa restrictions for foreign workers (majority Indian in the s/w sector) in the US, banning of outsourcing of govt funded projects to Indian companies (in Ohio, I think)... but things do move on along despite of all these restrictions.

Whatever he says it's a drop in the bucket comparatively and I still maintain that China is a national obsession for India, while the reverse is not true.

There is a reason for this; the press.
The press (print and electronic) in any country; if allowed to, can become drum-beaters for any reason (good or bad).

China once had a english style corruptocracy. It was called KMT. Now they live on a lonely island under foreign defense umbrella recognized by nobody.

Back
Top Bottom