What's new

(China) Chinese Begin Crackdown on Islam... How true is this???

I thought talking about religion is not allowed in this forum.
crack down on Islam. no . never heard about it.

crack down on wahabis infiltration yes.
crack down on Islam extremnist. yes
crack down on Islam separatist,yes

Don't understand the Mis Information , by the biased author and truely confused western mindset , who do not understand the basics of civilian administration

Fact :
Prophet Mohammad stated importance of China and told Muslims that one must go even to China if one has to learn Education

Haj Visits: All Countries have limited people who are allowed to visit Saudia (So same with China)

"Think about it if suddenly China sends 600 million Haji by itself, can the Hajj Authorities in Saudia
handle so many people ? hahahaha its actually very helpful that small numbers attend"

> Vaccination Programs
> Seminars for Travel to Saudia
> Travelling Arrangements
> Preparation for travel
> Visa

I mean of course you need controlled approach , to make sure people's health is protected
and also they enjoy a safe trip

Education: It makes sense to study Islam in Chinese easier to understand :cheesy:
Don't understand this accusation I mean every one learn the religion in their own language.

Do you understand Arabic ? When you are born ? No ...

Dress Code: Completely fair no one has to wear hijab , Saudis created it. Beard is personal choice. I don't see a single verse in Quaran about Beard

No - "Quranic verse that say Men you must have beard" , and women you must hide your face

Friday Mosque : Well if people pray outside , they can cause traffic jams or problems on street so city laws implemented fair:police: So focus is on "Praying inside property"

Its China , MOST populated place on earth , can you imagine if every one prayed outside the streets ? Traffic Jams or business shut down etc , so its safe to maintain praying inside mosque in comfort which is provided ...

Private Saudi Funded Wahabi schools are banned ... SMART decision
Is there any Debate on this folk? lol ... we all seen what happened in Pakistan
All these JI goons running around

Would any "SANE Pakistani send their children to Wahabi Saudi School" no .. I would prefer them to go to study Math, English , Science , And Astronomy , Calculus , Accounting, Biology'

Restriction on Arabic influence, as Saudi Islam is extreme form of interpretation , Implemented 1800 years after the origional Islam. :china:

PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD LIES ABOUT WONDERFUL CHINA .. peaceful nation

CHINA , BEAUTIFUL CHINA is the best country on earth , please Indians never ... never again

if you are spouting cr@p from your mouth, why dont you at least use your real flags.
i am not a "yindoo" by the way

i can smell your yindooness from ten thousand miles away. and you should learn the way chinese use the term "yindoo" because it is not a religious term by any means in chinese: the term is meant to capture the smelliness of your type and your race, not your faith. and since chinese named your type long before the anglosaxons did, i think it is fair that the chinese usage of "yindoo" be privileged over some dirty anglosaxon term used to describe their slaves.

umm, I doubt China is against Islam, it's just Islam is used as a rally point for scums who wants to create chaos for their own end.

It's like communism it self is just a political and economic idea, it shouldn't be a tool for violence and yet....

China has always been tolerant of other religions, except for brief period of CCP under mao, but that is China under a western ideology. Today Islam is seen as a symbol of violence though not true, it is still seen that way.

A lot of things are exaggerations. For example, forcing people to eat in Ramadan. Do you think China can force anyone to eat? This rumor is based out of fliers that the government put up about health risks of not eating for half a day. Which is sort of true, there are risks to fasting especially for the old. My friend's diabetic mom passed away due to kidney failure because she fasted (she was old too).

What has to be seen is, are these prohibitions covered by the Chinese constitution or are some administrators just making up things as they go? Whatever grievances the Muslims of China would have they must take a legal route and ensure that the Chinese legislate to be tolerant of their faith.

China should not oppress Muslims/Islam....

This is a mistake...By oppressing people, not letting them to practice Islam freely etc..Chinese are inviting Islamic Fundamentalism to their lands...

China should keep fanatic Muslims in check and not let extremists wahabi ideology spread..but banning Ramadan, and interfering in Muslims' personal practice of Islam is no way to do it...

@ChineseTiger what do you say about it?

I think that Chinese should not defend every action by CCP..

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys
Its done by China. Its okay.
Had it been India, WW3 would have been started on this very forum.
But look at some posts (post #32), how pathetically and desperately somebody is trying to justify China's step.
Wow.

A lot of things are exaggerations. For example, forcing people to eat in Ramadan. Do you think China can force anyone to eat? This rumor is based out of fliers that the government put up about health risks of not eating for half a day. Which is sort of true, there are risks to fasting especially for the old. My friend's diabetic mom passed away due to kidney failure because she fasted (she was old too).

What has to be seen is, are these prohibitions covered by the Chinese constitution or are some administrators just making up things as they go? Whatever grievances the Muslims of China would have they must take a legal route and ensure that the Chinese legislate to be tolerant of their faith.

So here is the deal, the vast majority of Chinese are atheists, we look at religion as weird and unnecessary. There is no degree of religious education in China as nobody is religious to begin with.

Most Chinese know about as much about Islam as they do about rocket science.

It's similar in Arab country, where Atheists are seen as weird. It's a different culture, the degree of understanding is limited. China has a huge muslim population, but they don't usually live in the main parts of the country so exposure is limited and thus understanding.

America, while it is what it is, has muslims in every sector and thus the understanding is more.

The Chinese people don't understand the importance of religious practices, as it is not something they know about and thus to them, having muslims eat and knowing all the facts is in fact helping and not at all against humanitarian values.

Different perspective, however with China growing more and more international, the day is near that China will have a better understanding of religion and other things.

@ indian members

don't compare you guys with us, we are an atheist country, we don't know and care about religious practices and their importance.

Can you say the same for India?

Uighurs fear Islamic practices will disappear under Chinas rule - Islam web - English

Interesting how not wearing the Hijab in France is a crime against Islam but in China it is a minor problem that will be sorted out soon.

More interesting is the support of Indians for ban on hijab in West but rally for Muslim rights when it comes to China.

on a personal note selection and wearing of any attire should be personal choice of people irrespective of religion you cant force anyone on the pretext

China should not oppress Muslims/Islam....

This is a mistake...By oppressing people, not letting them to practice Islam freely etc..Chinese are inviting Islamic Fundamentalism to their lands...

China should keep fanatic Muslims in check and not let extremists wahabi ideology spread..but banning Ramadan, and interfering in Muslims' personal practice of Islam is no way to do it...

@ChineseTiger what do you say about it?

I think that Chinese should not defend every action by CCP..

The CPC makes mistakes just like any government, and is corrupt just like any government.

However I don't see any issue with their policy on religion. This is not oppression, these are restrictions.

And restrictions are an inevitable follow-up to the terrorist attacks we have been experiencing in Xinjiang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their land their rules why should anyone be bothered about it..
Unlike Saudis they are atleast allowing practice of other religion.

As an American, you should be ashamed of yourself. You aren't living in sh!thole called india where you defend the oppression of minorities! I'm disgusted to see a man with American flags "defending" religious oppression by saying "their land, their laws" ...What an idiot you are...

Have you ever seen me, or other Pakistani-Americans defending KSA? If anything, we go over-board in criticizing it....

BTW, Saudis do NOT ban the practice of any religion..its just that you can not built any church or mosque etc..Yes, you read it right..not only Christians, but even Muslims aren't allowed to built their mosques in KSA...Also, only "Saudis" can buy or have private property in KSA...and hence you don't see any other religious institutions in KSA..cuz all the Christians/Hindus/Sikhs etc are "immigrants" in KSA..and immigrants can't own property..

Btw, there are many private churches in KSA...immigrants rent houses and renovate them into churches..and everyone knows that this is a church etc..

Unlike you, I have lived in KSA....central KSA to be precise..the MOST "orthodox" part of Saudi Arabia ;)

Every country has rules and I hope that similar rules are implemented in Pakistan

a) Better Hajj travels

b) Focus on Modern Edcuation , and learning faith in your own language to learn true meaning

c) Better prayer arrangements clean mosques you pray inside not outside causing traffic jams

d) Controlled travel of people passport management , all countries do that
what so special about it , SAUDI have IQAMA system lol or used to

In US they take digital FACE scan and eye scan of your Retina !!! Talk about controlled society

e) Better people management so no Wahabi schools open and teach negative mind set

f) FOCUS ON MODERN EDUCATION (Biology, Chemistry , Math , Sciences, Compute Science , Calculus , Geometry etc)

g) Protection of civilians is over all goal

h) Schools children can learn , in language they understand the "material"

i) Work place dress code , professionalism

The difference is MANAGEMENT ........ and I hope Pakistan also improve its management in civilian sector similar to China

Give total religious freedom in private.....restrict it in public life. The US was one of the first to do this....the Chinese perfected it. Faith should be between an individual and his/her god. Don't impose your beliefs on me.

Why this is in Pakistan section?

the section says Discuss social issues and current events impacting Pakistan. Please refrain from discussing religious issues.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/#ixzz2SlzCB6m8
Didn't check.....what DOES this have to do with Pakistan? (perhaps move this thread?)

The rule is simple, Muslims of China can not cause lawlessness or a chaotic situation.

such activities are banned and forbidden in Islam.

muslims of China should try to follow their religion in a peaceful manner, and if they feel that they are unable to do so
then they should migrate.

such is the principle proved by history of Islam.

FASAD (corruption & Chaos) are not allowed in Islam under any condition.

Oh - that is mighty nice of you. It also kind of sinks your Kashmir argument.

So here is the deal, the vast majority of Chinese are atheists, we look at religion as weird and unnecessary. There is no degree of religious education in China as nobody is religious to begin with.

Most Chinese know about as much about Islam as they do about rocket science.

It's similar in Arab country, where Atheists are seen as weird. It's a different culture, the degree of understanding is limited. China has a huge muslim population, but they don't usually live in the main parts of the country so exposure is limited and thus understanding.

America, while it is what it is, has muslims in every sector and thus the understanding is more.

The Chinese people don't understand the importance of religious practices, as it is not something they know about and thus to them, having muslims eat and knowing all the facts is in fact helping and not at all against humanitarian values.

Different perspective, however with China growing more and more international, the day is near that China will have a better understanding of religion and other things.

@ indian members

don't compare you guys with us, we are an atheist country, we don't know and care about religious practices and their importance.

Can you say the same for India?

The thing is legislators are seldom ignorant about realities. You don't have to CARE about Islam to have tolerant laws, you just have to believe in allowing equality of all Chinese citizens. What they think in their minds is not something government should have control over. If they believe in Islamic practices and those practices don't harm anyone else, then the laws should allow it.

Yes certain things should be controlled. Controlling Madrassas is something even Pakistan has been trying to do since the past 10 years. You have to KNOW what your children are being taught. You can shut down teaching violence by LAW and no one will say anything to you. China has the resources to spend on at least forming a committee of experts to think on such matters.

Back
Top Bottom