What's new

China continues to produce more steel than the rest of the world, COMBINED

Just to give you an idea of what kind of monster China is. China steel production today is higher than USA, Nazi Germany, UK, Soviet Union COMBINE during WWII. So good luck surpass us, India! LOL

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea of what kind of monster China is. China steel production today is higher than USA, Nazi Germany, UK, Soviet Union COMBINE during WWII. So good luck surpass us, India! LOL

No we do not want to build Ghost capacity to surpass china. We just want 15 to 20% surplus over our consumption and export. Yes, I agree china has build a huge capacity in this area.

Its surprising, or gross incompetence on the part of previous governments that the production is so low. So much ore as well as coal, the low production isn't justified.
Thats becoz most of the ore's were stolen by some BJPians in Karnataka and sent to china for peanuts.

No we do not want to build Ghost capacity to surpass china. We just want 15 to 20% surplus over our consumption and export. Yes, I agree china has build a huge capacity in this area.
With 1.3 billion people congest in Eastern Coast and you said ghost city? LOLOL If such thing exists, it should be exist in a low population country but not one like us. LOL

My Indian friend, it's time for leader needs to talk less and do more. This is a problem with Indian leader, big mouth and talk a lot but rarely do they put into action. LOL

I am not sure if its ground reality of all cities. But just looking at few cities which i travel, Business is so dull these days that no one is trying to invest of anything. Real estate also not in good shape. construction might go down. This may surly impact production as price may decrease. Just thinking so. Not sure if its correct.

With 1.3 billion people congest in Eastern Coast and you said ghost city? LOLOL If such thing exists, it should be exist in a low population country but not one like us. LOL

My Indian friend, it's time for leader needs to talk less and do more. This is a problem with Indian leader, big mouth and talk a lot but rarely do they put into action. LOL
Zhengzhou's new high-tech district was called "ghost city" too by western media. You know, journalists are simply b**ches ,the same sort of sh*t as their western government. And if a deveoping country listens to their "preach", it's doomed to failure.
@StarCraft_ZT you're from Zhengzhou, u can explain what this "ghost city" is like today. They can call any new regions which are under redevelopment "ghost cites". I'd rather live in a "ghost city" than in a sh*t hole.

Best of luck for both China and India ! Let us celebrate the rise of ASIA. :)

In terms of per capita production/consumption, Korea is #1 highest (1.32 metric tonne per capita), followed by Japan (0.87 tonne), then China (0.58 tonne). In this comparison China is only 44% of Korea! This pattern also coincide with others like manufacturing output or value added, i.e. from a per capita POV, China is behind Japan and Korea.

Given China is still developing infrastructure (urbanization, transportation, energy), manufacturing and consumption, it has to at least match Japan's level of production, and even Korea's.

Zhengzhou's new high-tech district was called "ghost city" too by western media. You know, journalists are simply b**ches ,the same sort of sh*t as their western government. And if a deveoping country listens to their "preach", it's doomed to failure.
@StarCraft_ZT you're from Zhengzhou, u can explain what this "ghost city" is like today. They can call any new regions which are under redevelopment "ghost cites". I'd rather live in a "ghost city" than in a sh*t hole.
On one hand, they complain of the crowds in Chinese cities and on the other hand, they whine about the ghost cities. I am not sure what kinds of joke these Western journalists are doing these day. LOL

I am not sure if its ground reality of all cities. But just looking at few cities which i travel, Business is so dull these days that no one is trying to invest of anything. Real estate also not in good shape. construction might go down. This may surly impact production as price may decrease. Just thinking so. Not sure if its correct.
Investing money in the financial market is generally more profitable than manufacturing. Thus, it needs strong governmental intervention, to financially encourage businessmen to build, manufacture and invent rather than make a fortune in the stock market and then leave. The government also needs to help them in transportation, electricity, water supply, tax reduction, human resources, etc. It's a systemic project.

In terms of per capita production/consumption, Korea is #1 highest (1.32 metric tonne per capita), followed by Japan (0.87 tonne), then China (0.58 tonne). In this comparison China is only 44% of Korea! This pattern also coincide with others like manufacturing output or value added, i.e. from a per capita POV, China is behind Japan and Korea.

Given China is still developing infrastructure (urbanization, transportation, energy), manufacturing and consumption, it has to at least match Japan's level of production, and even Korea's.
So even we don't have enough labor in the future, we can simply increase production efficiency?

On one hand, they complain of the crowds in Chinese cities and on the other hand, they whine about the ghost cities. I am not sure what kinds of joke these Western journalists are doing these day. LOL
B*tches are b*tches. Chinese journalists are b*tches too.

Zhengzhou is already a crowded capital city
zhengzhou.gif

Now building new Zhengzhou Airport Economic Zone (ZAEZ) to accomodate the ever rising urbanization of their province
c02_1000-jpg.205807

Aerotropolitan ambitions

Zhengzhou is already a crowded capital city
View attachment 211059

Now building new Zhengzhou Airport Economic Zone (ZAEZ) to accomodate the ever rising urbanization of their province
c02_1000-jpg.205807

Aerotropolitan ambitions
Yep, I've been there for a conference. Super charming "ghost city". HSR station, Metro, parks, shopping malls, new apartments...

Zhengzhou's HSR stations (Beijing-Guangzhou HSR, Zhengzhou-Xi'an HSR, several intercity lines, and more lines under cosntruction)
屏幕快照 2015-04-03 14.46.32.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-03 14.49.11.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-03 14.50.20.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-03 14.50.41.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-03 14.51.02.png

Central China and Western China have great potential!

Any country is free to invest in India.
Controls and limitations on Chinese businesses and investments in India are now slowly being removed.
I think India should first provide first-class infrastructure, you know steel factories need stable electricity and water supply, and more importantly, smooth roads to ports and companies which consume steel. If not, a lot of companies will be "scared away". My city in Central China used to "scare away" investors too, but now it has very good logistics, then it paves the road for rapid development.

China and India have many coal and less oil, China spent 3.7 billion tons coal in 2014, steel production accord for 27% of them, China needn't such large number --half of the world's steel production, other countries to product more steel meet China's interest, even to import steel is better for China, India needs steel now since India will start a lot of Infrastructure Construction, this is good for both China and India。
So, I am happy that India to increase steel production, and totally support India on this

I really like India's attitude.

That is the attitude of superpower!!!

Big workforce under 35 years old and an aircraft carrier!

Awesome India, a universal formula of the birth of superpower. Genius plan I think!

India democracy is really fit to India, unlike many people said.

It's the democracy that Modi possible to enter the power.

I really like India's attitude.

That is the attitude of superpower!!!

Big workforce under 35 years old and an aircraft carrier!

Awesome India, a universal formula of the birth of superpower. Genius plan I think!

India democracy is really fit to India, unlike many people said.

It's the democracy that Modi possible to enter the power.
The most appropriate for India is democracy, I agree.
But not for Eastern Asia civilisations.
And nothing is "universal".

Without a doubt. But right now its impossible for us to follow the Chinese way ie 'build first, they will come'.

Currently the infra is not enough to support domestic needs let alone enough to make things easy to export. But both have to be done simultaneously.

The last govt completely wasted 10 years, they built negligible infrastructure and instead spent money on giving massive subsidies. This govt now has to cover the slack. Infrastructure is now being built at a good pace...and the pace is being increased as the govt goes about reforming the system.

However it will take time to show results. If this govt is voted in again in 2019, you will find a transformed India by 2025.
Good for you, a world where two nations of the biggest population drag behind is not healthy.
Is there any solution to limit local governments' rights? I don't think you need another case in Delhi, some incompetent party wins by irrational promises and populism.

Back
Top Bottom