What's new

China Forces Churches to Replace Ten Commandments with Xi Jinping Quotes

There is no religious freedom in China .
Maybe they see church and democracy as a threat to communism.

US always push Christian, domecray, multiculturalism to China but keep science and technology secret, it's obvious what is good what is bad.
Its not about what US pushes, is about what China abuses- religion practiced in your country. The way China treats Uighurs is horrible, now this attack on Christians. I'm not trying to behave like an activist, but i just like to call things what they are. This is religious suppression, but i believe China has a history of suppressing religions. I do agree that religion can turn people into zombies and brainwash them(which can then allow them to be weaponized).

Its not about what US pushes, is about what China abuses- religion practiced in your country. The way China treats Uighurs is horrible, now this attack on Christians. I'm not trying to behave like an activist, but i just like to call things what they are. This is religious suppression, but i believe China has a history of suppressing religions. I do agree that religion can turn people into zombies and brainwash them(which can then allow them to be weaponized).

Cyberspace and ideology are parts of sovereignty.
atheists were/are persecuted around the world in the religious area.
Don't pretend to be an angle, we all know the history, there's no peace religions at all.

Some Uighurs are punished not because of their religion, it's the separatism they harbor. China's biggest Muslim group is Hui Muslims, not Uighurs. so it's never about religion in the first place.

Christians are ok if they don't challenge the authorities, figure shows that China actually is on the way to become the biggest Christian country in the world.

China, officially atheist, could have more Christians than the U.S. by 2030
By Bill Murphy Feb. 24, 2018 Updated: Feb. 24, 2018 3:33 p.m.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...ficially-atheist-could-have-more-12633079.php

I personally believe that Christianity should be controlled, I saw several of my friends converted to Christianity in Beijing and maybe China is fast becoming a Christian country, an emerging power ,one fifth of the humanity turn into Christians, it's bad for China, it's bad for other religions, especially Muslims.

There is no religious freedom in China .
Maybe they see church and democracy as a threat to communism.

There are three kinds of religion policy followed by all countries regarding religion freedom:
1. Full freedom toward any religions and sects
2. Limiting to just several religions
3. Limiting to just a single religions (but multi sects, some even just one sect)

China falls into the second category.

Of course, whatever the categories above, 1 to 3, it must loyal to the government, ideology of the state and laws. Which is very obvious.

In the eyes of USA, of course, China has less freedom toward religion. But in the eyes of many countries around the world, China has too much freedom (because they legalize blasphemy to be practiced).

But of course, behind all the religion freedom topic, the truth is not about religion at all. Why don't just China simply implode by itself, so USA doesn't need to be such busy about it.

Uighurs issue, Falun Gong issue, Church of Almighty God issue... If it's not happened in China, USA will combat them. The problem is, it's in China, it's a different story.

Christians are ok if they don't challenge the authorities,...

I personally believe that Christianity should be controlled,...
You are contradicting yourself and you did it because you failed to understand the religion in the first place.

The three Abrahamic religions -- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam -- all posit that there is a higher authority than the government. Not only that, from this higher authority, there comes a set of moralities that have greater psychological and emotional weight than whatever the government want. So from this alone, there is already a challenge to temporal rulers in the minds of the believers of these religions, meaning your China is already populated with nascent rebels. The Judeo-Christian countries accepted this reality and made provisions to deal with situations when temporal and divine ideals clash.

You are contradicting yourself and you did it because you failed to understand the religion in the first place.

The three Abrahamic religions -- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam -- all posit that there is a higher authority than the government. Not only that, from this higher authority, there comes a set of moralities that have greater psychological and emotional weight than whatever the government want. So from this alone, there is already a challenge to temporal rulers in the minds of the believers of these religions, meaning your China is already populated with nascent rebels. The Judeo-Christian countries accepted this reality and made provisions to deal with situations when temporal and divine ideals clash.

China will never surrender to whatever religions, that's all.
It's not about whatever you promote but about who is in charge.

Therein lies the problem for the CCP as well. It's a dilemma for the party I suppose. Since they are still trying to figure out how to handle these religions properly in such a way that it doesn't threatened their power one day. I think this is what the party is most worried about. However, I believe that China already has a working system . Even if the party one day falls (of course they can't rule forever) China will still keep moving forward. Their momentum has already been set. Ruling parties/dynasties come and go but a country will always remain . So a country is bigger than a party. So I think that's what you should understand. People always find it easier to criticise China based on the party alone.

Last edited:
Therein lies the problem for the CCP as well. It's a dilemma for the party I suppose. Since they are still trying to figure out how to handle this religions properly in such a way that it doesn't threatened their power one day. I think this is what the party is most worried about. However, I believe that China already had a working system . Even if the party one day falls (of course they can't rule forever) China will still keep moving forward. Their momentum has already been set. Ruling parties/dynasties come and go but a country will always remain . So a country is bigger than a party. So I think that's what you should understand. People always find it easier to criticise China based on the party alone.

If CPC don't control religions they will be abandoned by Chinese people.

Because most Chinese don't want to be bothered by religions, you don't understand China.
But most Christians and Muslims in China are complaining about the CCP getting involved in controling their religions and monitoring their sermons. So what do you mean by if CCP doesn't do this people will be less religious? I think it's the opposite actually. Without proper control and monitoring these religions might spread even more. China is already projected to soon have the world's largest Christian population like the other Chinese member here mentioned. Imagine they were allowed to go around preaching and converting people all over unchallenged or uncontrolled. This will make figures grow even more.

But most Christians and Muslims in China are complaining about the CCP getting involved in controling their religions and monitoring their sermons.

China is already projected to soon have the world's largest Christian population like the other Chinese member here mentioned. Imagine they were allowed to go around preaching and converting people all over unchallenged or uncontrolled. This will make figures grow even more.
Christianity is growing in spite of the current governmental controls, especially on the crack down of the Chinese Muslims. More controls WILL speed up conversions, not slow it down.

Gods do not get along with each other. Same with governments. The reality is that wars between governments are real while wars between gods are imaginary, as in the minds of their respective believers. So what this means is that the Chinese government will have to try to portray itself as an alternative to whatever god that currently lives in the mind of the believer. And with the history of religious persecutions -- good luck, China.

But most Christians and Muslims in China are complaining about the CCP getting involved in controling their religions and monitoring their sermons. So what do you mean by if CCP doesn't do this people will be less religious? I think it's the opposite actually. Without proper control and monitoring these religions might spread even more. China is already projected to soon have the world's largest Christian population like the other Chinese member here mentioned. Imagine they were allowed to go around preaching and converting people all over unchallenged or uncontrolled. This will make figures grow even more.

Uncontrolled converting will not increase the number too much, most religious people in China are marginal.

If CPC don't control religions, atheism Chinese will organize terrorism groups.

US will be glad to see.

Christianity is growing in spite of the current governmental controls, especially on the crack down of the Chinese Muslims. More controls WILL speed up conversions, not slow it down.

Gods do not get along with each other. Same with governments. The reality is that wars between governments are real while wars between gods are imaginary, as in the minds of their respective believers. So what this means is that the Chinese government will have to try to portray itself as an alternative to whatever god that currently lives in the mind of the believer. And with the history of religious persecutions -- good luck, China.

The truth is most Chinese think religion is stupid.

China never allow any religion to supplant their culture identity. Why China allow the religion from middle East to dominate their culture by demand all Chinese blindly follow a imagination god.

Believe in science and technology is the way forward.

Shut down all religious school so no parents can allow religion indoctrinate young mind.

Back
Top Bottom