What's new

China has developed its own electromagnetic railgun???

acceleration in a hypothetical railgun is not small, it is huge...

don't say small or huge. it depends on how much power you feed in. in fact you can make it as small or large you want it to be. (provided you have enough power for the electromagnets).

don't say small or huge. it depends on how much power you feed in. in fact you can make it as small or large you want it to be. (provided you have enough power for the electromagnets).

yes, but for a military level gun, it would be ....huge

yes, but for a military level gun, it would be ....huge

He meant railguns' acceleration is small so the shell could be fixed with guidance system when targetting a carrier 1000km away.
78985096.gif
If energy need to be low, why you need railgun?
You know what? I guess this US citizen cannot post anything not against a Chinese flag member.
78985096.gif

it is possible with a railgun to shoot guided ammo. since acceleration is spread out over longer time.

Last edited:
He meant railguns' acceleration is small so the shell could be fixed with guidance system when targetting a carrier 1000km away.
78985096.gif
You know what? I guess this US citizen cannot post anything not against a Chinese flag member.
78985096.gif

no you're mistaken. i'm saying the electromagnetic rail system be used to lunch cruise missiles as a range booster. i'm not talking about lunching dumb shells.

no you're mistaken. i'm saying the electromagnetic rail system be used to lunch cruise missiles as a range booster. i'm not talking about lunching dumb shells.

Launching a guidance system is very hard even with normal guns' acceleration.

Guidance systems could be burned by EM wave if the missile itself did not colapse or get burned by air.

78985096.gif
78985096.gif

You are a .
78985096.gif
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Where is the mod? Why not ban this extremist keeping insulting others.

Where is the mod? Why not ban this extremist keeping insulting others.

Wanna bet, you get banned before me.

Oh, glad that you get a taste of your own medicene! It seems that your IQ is not that high after all.

Mod this guy startsed first and he/she did it in a very LOW mannor. Truely pathatic!

@ xixi and aerospaceengineer

Stop arguing like little elementary school children

No chance. Railgun is still a gun. Presicion attack is not easy if its target were 1000km away and moving. I doubt if its speed were faster than DF-21D.

FYI,electromagnetic railgun can shoot with a initial 7times sounds speed and final with 4/5 times sound speed because of air frictional that reduce its speed.:cheers:

FYI,electromagnetic railgun can shoot with a initial 7times sounds speed and final with 4/5 times sound speed because of air frictional that reduce its speed.:cheers:

:)Its speed cannot increase much higher. The shell could be burned out if the gun weren't. And I doubt if there is a possibility to fix any guidance system on it.

Last edited:
:)Its speed cannot increase much higher. The shell could be burned out if the gun weren't. And I doubt if there is a possibility to fix any guidance system on it.

Yet the US navy's program envisions a guided warhead for its railgun system on the destroyers..

railguns are mainly used for firing non-explosive armour piercing rounds at speeds of about mach 10 at sea level so the electricity required for the electormagnets to charge is sufficient enough to scorch the guidance system of a guided projectile or even detonate the xplosives of a warhead.
now the material with which the warhead will be made must be light and fire resistant at the same time so it can survive the flight path and travel longer to hit the appropiate target.
This is wat a railgun is and it will take more than 2020 for USA or china :china: to build a working model

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

sorry I am an Indian

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

be advised don't be deceived by the flags

how can you guide something travelling at mach 10? at this speed its bound to travel in a straight line

Are you sure these reports are credible, ChineseTiger1986?

Assuming they are, it would be excellent news. Not only does this open the door for China's research on electromagnetic catapults, but also for a whole new area of projectile weapons.

Would be great if these will be installed on future destroyers or frigates.

Back
Top Bottom