What's new

China high-speed railway section reportedly collapses

Anyhow, do expect more collapses like this in coming years, and it won't be lucky the next time. Too many km of tracks on viaducts constructed by corrupt construction companies which skimped on material to make money, and this is a standard business practice in China.

Ah the famous Made in China quality on show at it's very best

"Xinhua later reported that the collapse was caused by excessive subsidence of the tracks into the ground supporting them, quoting maintenance workers. A total of 7.2 km of track was affected, they said.

"Last year, we reinforced part of the track, and this time we are pinning up the whole subsiding section," said a worker at the scene, according to Xinhua.

"We discovered the problem during the evaluation phase, and invited experts to reinforce the rails," said Wang Zujian, director of the leadership office of Hubei provincial railway construction.

The sinking was due to the soft, wet ground, Wang said."

Funny part is that the computer/ laptop you are using right now to post non sense due to your insecurity has most of its parts made in China.....Irony.

Thats like saying the apple Ipod is made in China so is Chinese? hell no not in the least! and i use intel chips which are American designed not Chinese.

There is noting to discus about, CHINA faced a minor set back in its high speed railway system and I am sure that the CHINESE engineers will come up with a plan to address the issue. When a project of large magnitude is taken up sure there is a chance that some failures might come up, with out failures HUMAN being can not learn and evolve. I wish the CHINESE good luck with thier high speed railway system.

I always check the label where I buy my products from the exception is clothes and trainers (sweatshops) but when i buy electric items etc i make sure i never buy Made in China (by that i mean built and designed by the Chinese) as i find the quality poor compared to Germany or Japan.

If made in China brand is so good they would not be using Made in India products and trying to pass them as made in China!

I always check the label where I buy my products from the exception is clothes and trainers (sweatshops) but when i buy electric items etc i make sure i never buy Made in China (by that i mean built and designed by the Chinese) as i find the quality poor compared to Germany or Japan.

If made in China brand is so good they would not be using Made in India products and trying to pass them as made in China!

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous
Everything from Iphones to batteries are made in China now days.
so you can't say "I don't buy made in China"
You do buy it.
You don't buy Chinese brands, which is a different matter.
Chinese brands can be decent, but if you are paying half the normal price, then you get what you paid for.

When I buy items/ electronics, I too do look at where it was made. But Instead of coming down to it so bluntly, I admire the production ability of the country because it was what my country couldn't produce else I would have bought it before any foreigner's.

China became one of the production partners of intel chips in 2010 and I wouldnt be surprised if it became the major producer in the next few years.

My suggestion to you is...Dont be so blunt and closed minded just because China is a country you don't like. Enjoy life and give credit to people who made life better for you :)

When I buy items/ electronics, I too do look at where it was made. But Instead of coming down to it so bluntly, I admire the production ability of the country because it was what my country couldn't produce else I would have bought it before any foreigner's.

China became one of the production partners of intel chips in 2010 and I wouldnt be surprised if it became the major producer in the next few years.

My suggestion to you is...Dont be so blunt and closed minded just because China is a country you don't like. Enjoy life and give credit to people who made life better for you :)

Are you now suggesting Intel chips are now Chinese? I never said I do not like China did I? my point was the quality of certain Chinese products is not up to the mark such as some of their food produce which led to many countries banning it.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous
Everything from Iphones to batteries are made in China now days.
so you can't say "I don't buy made in China"
You do buy it.
You don't buy Chinese brands, which is a different matter.
Chinese brands can be decent, but if you are paying half the normal price, then you get what you paid for.

I guess you do not understand my point, Apple is not designed by the Chinese is it? it gets sent from USA to China for mass production.

Yes there are plenty of Chinese ipods available for knock down prices and many people do buy them but not me i want my purchase to last.

Are you now suggesting Intel chips are now Chinese? I never said I do not like China did I? my point was the quality of certain Chinese products is not up to the mark such as some of their food produce which led to many countries banning it.

Maybe its just your luck. You can never tell anything about electronics, they can go bad any moment. Tho I never had any complaints about Chinese made products. And yes if the chips are made in China by Chinese workers, they are Chinese. Circuit design is nothing more than schematics and knowledge, real product is what matters.

Apple, for instance, choose to label their products with some version of "Designed by Apple in California, Made in China" to indicate that even though the products are made in China

Maybe its just your luck. You can never tell anything about electronics, they can go bad any moment. Tho I never had any complaints about Chinese made products. And yes if the chips are made in China by Chinese workers, they are Chinese. Circuit design is nothing more than schematics and knowledge, real product is what matters.

No dear they are not :lol: the intel chips are designed in USA or Israel not China.

Come on guys stay on topic. From Railways we have moved to Apple Iphone, etc, etc which are not relevant to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom