What's new

China invades another Phil. Island.

Jackson%20Atoll.jpg

Jackson%20Atoll%20or%20Quirino%20Reef.jpg

Some said we shall explode that ship in to smithering on the high sea and let it float back to Philippine. We didn't do it because we think the next Philippine government will much better perform than this one. Present one is simply going too far.wrestling with China isn't that easy.

做人留一线,日后好相见。

mean while China bring some random map to claim others land..
Like some Pakistani members says, use some "burnol".
It cures butt burns, :rofl: ....

Be our guest, but before you try to escalate matter don't forget those nuclear tipped missile pointing at the heart of middle kingdom. Or the shipping lane and all that oil which passes through Indian ocean . Any attempt to undermine India's sovereignty by the so called superpower(and I am not pointing only towards china) will warrant a reaction that you would live to regret .
LOL its good to dream and it ain't dangerous... please continue....

SCS is in China doorway, who can challenge us here in the long run?
Bro, please. Let's not get too over confident ourselves and underestimate our enemies.

The U.S. just sent a carrier strike group to confront China
By David Larter, Navy Times 20 minutes ago

The Japan-based Antietam, officials said, was conducting a "routine patrol" separate from the Stennis, following up patrols conducted by the destroyer McCambell and the dock landing ship Ashland in late February.

The stand-off has been heating up on both sides. After news in February that the Chinese deployed an advanced surface-to-air missile battery to the Paracel Islands, U.S. Pacific Command head Adm. Harry Harris told lawmakers that China was militarizing the South China Sea.

"In my opinion China is clearly militarizing the South China Sea," Harris testified on Feb. 24. "You’d have to believe in a flat Earth to believe otherwise."

Overnight, Chinese officials dismissed claims that China was militarizing the region, pointing to the Stennis's patrol as evidence that the U.S. was to blame for the increased military tensions.

“The accusation [that China is militarizing the region] can lead to a miscalculation of the situation,” said Fu Ying, a spokeswoman for China's National People's Congress. “If you take a look at the matter closely, it’s the US sending the most advanced aircraft and military vessels to the South China Sea."

A Pacific Fleet spokesman downplayed the heavy U.S. presence in the region.

"Our ships and aircraft operate routinely throughout the Western Pacific — including the South China Sea — and have for decades," Cmdr. Clay Doss said in a statement. "In 2015 alone, Pacific Fleet ships sailed about 700 combined days in the South China Sea."

However, experts say sending Stennis and its air wing to the South China Sea is a clear signal to China and the region.

"Clearly the Navy and DoD is demonstrating its full commitment to presence and freedom of navigation in the region,” said Jerry Hendrix, a retired Navy captain and analyst with the Center for a New American Security in Washington, D.C. “With the full carrier strike group and the command ship, the Navy is showing the scope of its interests and ability to project presence and power around world.”

The destroyer Lassen's vaunted October patrol within the 12-mile limit of China's man-made South China Sea islands was the first challenge of China's sovereignty over the Spratly Islands since Chinese land-reclamation projects began there.

On Jan. 30, the destroyer Curtis Wilbur patrolled near Triton Island, part of the Paracel Islands chain China also claims.

Six nations in the region lay claim to parts or all of the disputed islands chains. The Spratly Islands, a collection of reefs, rocks and other natural features, have been the site of extensive Chinese land reclamation projects. In the last two years, China has begun constructing islands on top of reefs and claiming territorial seas around them to gain exclusive fishing and resource rights to most of the South China Sea.

These disputes have led to violence in the past. In 1974, a conflict between South Vietnam and China led to a shootout in the Paracel Islands, located between Vietnam and China's Hainan Island. That dispute continues.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...e-group-deployed-to-south-china-sea/81270736/

i will invade Beijing tomorrow. be nice to me my chinese neighbors.

The foreign affairs department has filed a note of protest to China and to the UN. That is all we can do while awaiting the ITLOS ruling because we signed an agreement to not be confrontational in the SCS. The SCS code of Conduct was agreed to by all parties of ASEAN.

China, of course, has ignored the code. This latest territory grab is an affront to us and is a strategy of China to provoke us into doing something immature or something that will justify open hostilities. We should not take the bait.

I sound like a beggar? you must be retarded or lack in reading comprehension.

Why the hell would I want a Mercedes when I can get a Nissan GTR or a Porsche 911 turbo? loser. You don't even know what you're talking about. China is pathetic place to live, now human rights and freedom, contested and full of people like you who lack sympathy for other people and only care about yourself. Get a grip, you don't even know what the hell you are talking about.

Why do Vietnamese like bragging about how much they make when it's the internet.

Let's clear things up.

Foreign boat cleared from Chinese reef

1603031349826b058145243973.jpg

A foreign fishing boat stranded on a Chinese reef in the South China Sea for several months has been towed away, the Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

The vessel ran aground near China's Wufang Reef at the end of last year, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a regular news briefing.

"The owner of the boat failed to tow it away after several attempts and abandoned it, dismantling some major equipment on board."

He said the boat had hampered navigation safety and the maritime environment, so the Ministry of Transport had cleared it from the reef and dealt with it "properly".

"To guarantee the safety of navigation and working conditions, China urged fishing vessels near the site to leave," Hong said, adding that Chinese ships had left the area after the foreign boat was removed.

Although the ministry did not specify the ship's identity, international media said the vessel was from the Philippines.

Observers said Beijing had "foiled a trap" set by Manila to use stranded boats to infringe upon Chinese territory, a tactic that had been used on China's Ren'ai Reef in the late 1990s.

"The Wufang Reef incident reminds me of the Ren'ai Reef case. They are almost the same," said Chen Qinghong, a researcher of South China Sea issues at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations.

Beijing says Manila deliberately grounded a warship near China's Ren'ai Reef in 1999. The Philippines refused to remove the vessel — despite repeated demands by China — and reinforced the rusting ship's hull and deck. It also sent troops to guard the reef and to occupy it illegally.

"Such actions violated the spirit and provisions of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea by changing the status quo unilaterally," Chen said, adding that the incidents also infringed upon China's sovereignty.

Xu Liping, a senior research fellow of Southeast Asia studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said that this time China had learned a lesson from the Ren'ai Reef incident.

It had handled the case in a rational and restrained manner, in line with international law, he said.

Wang Guoqing, spokesman for the annual session of China's top political advisory body, said on Wednesday that the South China Sea should be "a sea of peace, stability and cooperation".

"The South China Sea issue should not become an excuse and tool for certain countries to contain China's development," he told a news briefing.

what an disingenuous title btw, not once but TWICE China 'invaded' "Philippines' island" and not even a drop of blood have been spilled. Is this the art of war where you win a battle without fighting? Or is the Philippines propaganda full of it? Me thinks the latter.

Philippines have been drinking up all their imperial masters kool-laid and now they are stuck in this predicament where they believe they have any or actual ownership of any islands in SCS.

USA is truly a master of deception, the greatest geopolitical con-artist of all time I might add.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom