What's new

China latest fighter engine is here, WS10TVC Thrust Vector Control turbofan engine official unveil

The only reason F16s were mentioned to fight against Rafales is because these F16s are Pakistan's. And they are old, merely clinging on the label 4.0. The tech gap is so obvious that no pilot skills can overcome that. For these washed-up machine, the Pakistan AF pays some $476 millions to maintain is basically ransom money or retirement funds for these Pak generals and politicians when they and their families move to their Texas and Florida resort homes.
I don't know about Pakistani F-16s, another place they could face off would be Israeli-Egyptian possible clashes.

Anyways, air to air battles are rather simple, an F-16 would launch an AMRAAM or a Rafale would launch a MICA missile, or both.

All the F16 has to do is to lock onto the Rafale and fire it. You don't need a lot of technology for it. Even rather crude Pakistani F16s are capable of that. That AMRAAM is very dangerous, even if it's launched from a Cesna or a ground launcher.

I don't know about Pakistani F-16s, another place they could face off would be Israeli-Egyptian possible clashes.

Anyways, air to air battles are rather simple, an F-16 would launch an AMRAAM or a Rafale would launch a MICA missile, or both.

All the F16 has to do is to lock onto the Rafale and fire it. You don't need a lot of technology for it. Even rather crude Pakistani F16s are capable of that. That AMRAAM is very dangerous, even if it's launched from a Cesna or a ground launcher.
Indian Rafales will have Meteor soon. Meteors are a class above any AA missiles the USAF has until AIM260D -- which btw will not be available and compatible with Pak F16s anyway. Because Rafales have better sensors, radar (AESA), and maneuverability than Pak F16s, the Pak 16s are basically sitting ducks and they wouldn't know how they get hit even after they become martyred. It's laughable the PAF still spend a great amount of their money on these washed up machines. The decision doesn't make any strategic military sense. These money have better use in Pakistan like improving water quality or sources for many townships, or buying more JF17-III. My two cents... of course. Many stern US-trained Pak supporters disagree.

If according to your 'ideal' scenario, a Mig 17 could shoot down a F22. :laugh: :laugh:

Lol.. its u posting BS based on stereotyping. Do u know the actual MTBO of WS-10? So how do you know it has low MTBO compare to US engine? Even it's lower, it doesn't prove the fact it is unreliable if instruction are follow regards to the spec and MTBO.

As for WS-13, all u know is giving BS when I provide link to explain what really happened. There is nothing to prove WS-13 is unsatisfactory compare to RD-93 engine. And finally, u can't explain what makes PAF going for WS-10 engine instead of Russia AL-31FN for their J-10CE fleet.
First give all data of ws10 than spew more b.s.

The only reason F16s were mentioned to fight against Rafales is because these F16s are Pakistan's. And they are old, merely clinging on the label 4.0. The tech gap is so obvious that no pilot skills can overcome that. For these washed-up machine, the Pakistan AF pays some $476 millions to maintain is basically ransom money or retirement funds for these Pak generals and politicians when they and their families move to their Texas and Florida resort homes.
F16 is still one of the best dog fighter in the world

F-22 is outdated. The situation awareness is build according to the late 90s and early 2000s. No EOTAS and the stealthy technology is outdated which require intensive maintenance. There is reason why US decide to close the production line and go for more F-35. The only advantage F-22 has is the raw power of thrust to weight ratio.

F-22A is being kept up-to-date. Some were converted into a test bed for NGAD technologies in fact.

NGAD will replace F-22A in the 2030s so there is no point to keep it.

They are the ungrateful.

WE are NOT ungrateful, you are being rude.

If you cannot answer perfectly valid questions, then just say so. Being friendly is a virtue.

PAF finds RD-93 engine "acceptable." This isn't the best of Russian engines, let alone American.

PAF does NOT have global security commitments like NATO. There is no need for PAF to buy extremely expensive engines by extension.

Clear enough?

You're not spreading lies and do not give backup your words with facts and purely on stereotypes??

W-10 may be only good for China, remember few years ago we tested WS-13 but not adopted because low MTBO and TWR/service life

Share your source
Actually, I really want to know what is the MTBO/TWR and services life of ws-10? Can you provide it?
Currently, I only found 2 indicators for ws-10.
MTBF 150H, ISFD 0.1/1000EFH.
What are these two figures for GE F-110 or P&W F-100/ 200? Can you make a comparison?
ws10ttt.png

F-22A is being kept up-to-date. Some were converted into a test bed for NGAD technologies in fact.

NGAD will replace F-22A in the 2030s so there is no point to keep it.

WE are NOT ungrateful, you are being rude.

If you cannot answer perfectly valid questions, then just say so. Being friendly is a virtue.

PAF finds RD-93 engine "acceptable." This isn't the best of Russian engines, let alone American.

PAF does NOT have global security commitments like NATO. There is no need for PAF to buy extremely expensive engines by extension.

Clear enough?
Who is the one who repeat insult and slander the country who repeat invest and loan money to Pakistan in times of crisis? Who is the country who answer to Pakistan military indigenous with generous tech assist and generous long term loan for payback? Yet what we got in return is insult from idiots who scream low quality product from China based on stereotyping. I am right on spot about ungrateful. I will not take back those words. It is you who cant accept reality of repeat igorant of many Pakistanis against China and soft ear to Indian and American propaganda against China.

And what evidence has he provided so far? I have provide a link written by official Pakistan themselves and all he provide is just rant of his personal opinion.

Who is the one who repeat insult and slander the country who repeat invest and loan money to Pakistan in times of crisis? Who is the country who answer to Pakistan military indigenous with generous tech assist and generous long term loan for payback? Yet what we got in return is insult from idiots who scream low quality product from China based on stereotyping. I am right on spot about ungrateful. I will not take back those words. It is you who cant accept reality of repeat igorant of many Pakistanis against China and soft ear to Indian and American propaganda against China.

And what evidence has he provided so far? I have provide a link written by official Pakistan themselves and all he provide is just rant of his personal opinion.

Did Pakistan stop CPEC and berate China in official capacity? Did Pakistan stop buying Chinese arms?

People are entitled to their own views in life. I never asserted that you are wrong all the time but you have misunderstood posts and intentions at times. You are nationalistic which is fine but you are very sensitive about how people judge Chinese stuff. This can be problematic in discourses.

China produces goods of varying quality as a business norm. I expect every Chinese to know as much.

For example:

But see following:

Japanese 1000-N grade steel is world class as well.

Now everybody knows that China is the largest manufacturer of steel in the world. This shows that Chinese steel have numerous buyers around the world. But this is different from being able to produce highest quality steel in the world.

Every theme is Indian and American propaganda against China? Right.

You are welcome to assume that China produces highest quality goods in the world. But you bash others for not buying your narrative.

I have seen you ignore and dismiss perfectly valid points of other members irrespective of their nationality. Not many Pakistani are willing to debate with you, therefore - this is due to your hot temper and mindset.

I have told you before that Chinese advances will speak for themselves in time.

But you do not get it.

From Forum Rules:

Ethnic / political / nationalistic hate

Needless to say, PDF wishes to be a productive exchange of ideas and not a place of spreading communal, national, political or religiously motivated hatred. Members found involved in such activities would be severely penalized.

WE understand that different countries have political disputes with each other.

WE respect and welcome Chinese viewpoints on our platform(s). WE also show leniency to Chinese members in ongoing debates. What else WE need to do for you? Stop being sensible and realistic?

The sentiment has changed since the time I joined. Nowadays, it appears more our "iron brother" members (some mods and tts included) are ready to trash China than before. Miss those good old days when "higher than mountain" was not meant to be a joke.

I know, but he did sound like those cheapskates east to their border paying basement bargain price then bitching about "made in China“.

Who knows, he might actually be from east of the border. Indian false flaggers are legion in many forums.

11 pages and basically no talk about the Topic: Chinas new 2D vectoring nozzle.

LOL.. Thanks to the American posters immediately screaming "We did that already, we do it better, we'll trash China" bellows. It's typical nowadays any reporting of Chinese tech developments (civilian or military, without mentioning comparable American or European techs) will draw a lot of negative Western reactions. The Americans understandably feel insecured, paranoid, and threatened by Chinese progress. The Europeans and a lot of US/UK-raised Paks also feel upset on every Chinese progress.

LOL.. Thanks to the American posters immediately screaming "We did that already, we do it better, we'll trash China" bellows. It's typical nowadays any reporting of Chinese tech developments (civilian or military, without mentioning comparable American or European techs) will draw a lot of negative Western reactions. The Americans understandably feel insecured, paranoid, and threatened by Chinese progress. The Europeans and a lot of US/UK-raised Paks also feel upset on every Chinese progress.

That's why some Chinese posters thought they'd suddenly landed on an American or Indian forum by mistake. lol

Back
Top Bottom