What's new

China lifted 65.3m out of slums, and India 59.7m

was of all an appeal to all Indian's,dont argue with Chinese about slum in their land,they have it,they dont is none of our concern,its up to them they want to accept it or reject it,we just need to be concentrated on our nation,and we should be bothered that we have a stagering number of slums in our country and we should only think about it.

Such old threads will be digged out just because of the love, possessiveness,hatred,obsession or whatever with India,and the one who dig it out,everyone know the reality about his country,we dont need to talk more,the world is much bigger than this forum,and realities their differ starkly.

@SR 71 Blackbird

Dude there is no need of posting pic....Please refrain from posting any pic about china or slum,We need to focus on our own problem. I request you to remove that pic, If china don't have slums then i am even more happy with this news.

@Topic....

Good news...We need to lift atleast 200+ million ppl out of poverty by the end of this decade.

@SR 71 Blackbird

Dude there is no need of posting pic....Please refrain from posting any pic about china or slum,We need to focus on our own problem. I request you to remove that pic, If china don't have slums then i am even more happy with this news.

@Topic....

Good news...We need to lift atleast 200+ million ppl out of poverty by the end of this decade.

Alright,I agree with you.

india_china_slums_051026.jpg

Chinese children in a village pick garbage (above); An Indian child in a slum (below).
Pict-2006.

It is not shamefull to see high/low figures. It is shameful when those numbers doesn't change and deminish. We can clearly see that both our and the Indian government are doing something to tackle such problem. There is nothing to be gained by arguing over rubbish.

What matter is the number of slums are deminishing and problems are being addressed as we speak. Be proud of our countries for facing reality and tackling problems instead. Refrain from stooping so low and make petty arguments over those tragic people.

It is not shamefull to see high/low figures. It is shameful when those numbers doesn't change and deminish. We can clearly see that both our and the Indian government are doing something to tackle such problem. There is nothing to be gained by arguing over rubbish.

What matter is the number of slums are deminishing and problems are being addressed as we speak. Be proud of our countries for facing reality and tackling problems instead. Refrain from stooping so low and make petty arguments over those tragic people.

OK I agree.

Picking garbage means slum in China? There are people in Norway, the world's richest country that are homeless and have to pick up garbage in order to survive. By no means is this supposed to be much better, but this isn't proof of slums in China, more like general poverty (which exists in every country).

But the Funny thing is the Largest Slum in Asia is not in India or China but in Pakistan:hang2: .

I thought this thread will die so I decided not to say anything but it's alive and kicking so here it goes.

Every poor country in world has slums in their cities except China. For good or bad, Chinese government has kept slum out of cities.

I thought this thread will die so I decided not to say anything but it's alive and kicking so here it goes.

Every poor country in world has slums in their cities except China. For good or bad, Chinese government has kept slum out of cities.

Do you think it is for good or bad then?

There are indeed no real slums but if you define as 1 room with >3 occupants, China has many slums. We indeed have factory apartments with 4-6 people in a room. If you mean diseased, crime filled cesspools with no electricity, water or toilets, China doesn't. Our crime and poverty is more evenly spread.

Well said bro :cheers:

Poverty in India decreased frm 37% to 32% in 5 years . Our poverty is still much more than China . What matters is that it's decreasing. The difference is that u r government did it rapidly we are a bit slow in doing it :cheers:

About slums , CPC efficiently managed the migration to cities by building sufficient buildings .
In India the migration is purely mismanaged.

Do you think it is for good or bad then?

There are indeed no real slums but if you define as 1 room with >3 occupants, China has many slums. We indeed have factory apartments with 4-6 people in a room. If you mean diseased, crime filled cesspools with no electricity, water or toilets, China doesn't. Our crime and poverty is more evenly spread.

1 room with 3 occupants is Tokyo. What I was trying to say is that state controls the movement of people in and out of cities which has led to China keeping keeping cities clean unlike other poor countries. If they just allow anyone to migrate to big cities and live anyplace they can find, slums will crop up in China overnight. I don't know if this is good or bad but it does keep Chinese cities looking nice.

Back
Top Bottom