What's new

China lifted 65.3m out of slums, and India 59.7m

I thought this thread will die so I decided not to say anything but it's alive and kicking so here it goes.

Every poor country in world has slums in their cities except China. For good or bad, Chinese government has kept slum out of cities.
There are many South American countries filled with slums .
But everytime the issue is raised always South Asia is shown in bad light

There are many South American countries filled with slums .
But everytime the issue is raised always South Asia is shown in bad light

No other country except China has 1 billion people either. It's the scale. And poor in one country might be well off in another. The level of poverty we have in India is unparalleled. Even poor in Latin America are not as poor as our poor (who are basically going hungry).

No other country except China has 1 billion people either. It's the scale. And poor in one country might be well off in another. The level of poverty we have in India is unparalleled. Even poor in Latin America are not as poor as our poor (who are basically going hungry).
I know abt poverty :D

I was talking abt only slums

Do you think it is for good or bad then?

There are indeed no real slums but if you define as 1 room with >3 occupants, China has many slums. We indeed have factory apartments with 4-6 people in a room. If you mean diseased, crime filled cesspools with no electricity, water or toilets, China doesn't. Our crime and poverty is more evenly spread.

Do u know the irony,all slums in India get sufficient power supply,all thanks to high theft and govt's willful ignorance.

Now I can imagine why so many Pakistanis are obsessed about India. Nothing good happening back home?
yes nothing good but still we thank god that we are not living in so called secular country with full of poverty and cheap mentality of its peoples

yes nothing good but still we thank god that we are not living in so called secular country with full of poverty and cheap mentality of its peoples

Urban population staying in slums in India - 20-30%

Urban population staying in slums in Pakistan - 30-40%

Search slums in wikipedia and find it .
I am on my mobile or I would have given u the source

Do they have toilets ? I guess not

oh come on Pakistan doesnt have that bad day either !! still if you want to come all the way from Pak to India to avail our Toilet facility then most welcome !! we have plenty of them along roadside with condom box attached for Perverts as you never know !!

Urban population staying in slums in India - 20-30%

Urban population staying in slums in Pakistan - 30-40%

Search slums in wikipedia and find it .
I am on my mobile or I would have given u the source

Go search poverty in pakistan in wikipedia and you will get the comparison between india and pak

Back
Top Bottom