What's new

China-made operating system UOS releases first version

I feel like it's a great missed opportunity to call it SinOS.

If it is another Linux distro then no great shakes. Interesting would have been a new OS / kernel written from scratch.

All those Chinese chips are also based on American ones ( MIPS, ARM etc ).
Talk is cheap. Then why don't someone from your country do it in order to demonstrate to us, how simple or easy it is and the point you armchair critics are making.
Why hide behind the past glory of another country?
Instead of behaving and sounding like a green eye monster.
:coffee:

troll bots at their finest.
screen-shot-2020-10-02-at-6-39-50-pm-png.675396

On Topic: The OS does look cool.

I am also curious - are they really trolls? why would they repeat the same content ? @gangsta_rap @hirobo2

Nothing new here to be honest. We have seen similar Linux based OS systems before, but all of them haven't achieved any real mass popularity with consumers. There's a reason for that. I don't think this latest one will be any different.
If there is opportunity to replace all Chinese government OS system. There is already a guarantee market for it. Plus Chinese government may force enterprise working in China to adopt this as compatible with Chinese government. This will force chain reaction.

So what if I am a bot?

What are you gonna do about it?

aint nothin u can come up with homie realtalk aint gonna go that way

Nothing. Just intrigued . I never believed about paid trolls or co-ordinated trolls here. But looks like it is real. So someone produces content and you guys run with it ?

Nothing. Just intrigued . I never believed about paid trolls or co-ordinated trolls here. But looks like it is real. So someone produces content and you guys run with it ?

Usually, the content changes but I think this time their program messed up

Problem with new OS/Kernel is that every third party app out there must be rewritten to meet with new OS standards.

I agree that with a new OS a new app ecosystem has to be created but this problem can be solved by creating an emulator which emulates say a x386 PC environment inside which Linux or Windows can be run and their apps ( like MS Word ) can be run. I don't think this will create any significant slowness of these apps execution. The base OS ( on which the emulator is run ) can run new, specialized apps ( like for industrial control ).

But a linux distro approaching windows level usability for end consumer is something.

Yes, any new OS should be parallel to Windows-level ease of usability.

And their aim is not to compete with windows in market but secure their government networks.

Agreed but that could have been done also by writing a new OS. I believe it is simpler, will take less time and safer to write a new OS than to gather a team of Linux kernel programmers, device driver writers and UI programmers to bring about a new Linux distro.

Talk is cheap. Then why don't someone from your country do it in order to demonstrate to us, how simple or easy it is and the point you armchair critics are making.
Why hide behind the past glory of another country?
Instead of behaving and sounding like a green eye monster.
:coffee:

Writing a new OS is not impossible. I myself had written a simple OS about ten years ago and started a company to further develop it to make it a commercial-level OS. Unfortunately we had to shut down the company.

At the moment I am designing an entirely new microprocessor whose instruction set is also new so a new OS has to be developed. All this will take more than a year.

I agree that with a new OS a new app ecosystem has to be created but this problem can be solved by creating an emulator which emulates say a x386 PC environment inside which Linux or Windows can be run and their apps ( like MS Word ) can be run. I don't think this will create any significant slowness of these apps execution. The base OS ( on which the emulator is run ) can run new, specialized apps ( like for industrial control ).

Agreed but that could have been done also by writing a new OS. I believe it is simpler, will take less time and safer to write a new OS than to gather a team of Linux kernel programmers, device driver writers and UI programmers to bring about a new Linux distro.

Writing a new OS is not impossible. I myself had written a simple OS about ten years ago and started a company to further develop it to make it a commercial-level OS. Unfortunately we had to shut down the company.

At the moment I am designing an entirely new microprocessor whose instruction set is also new so a new OS has to be developed. All this will take more than a year.
I also designed OS that is going to make bill gate lose his sleep that he ask me for coffee session with him yesterday. Warren buffet just polish my shoe yesterday too. :enjoy:

I also designed OS that is going to make bill gate lose his sleep that he ask me for coffee session with him yesterday. Warren buffet just polish my shoe yesterday too. :enjoy:

So you think OS-designers will not be members of PDF ? That's how low you think of PDF ?

There is another member of PDF, a Pakistani, who is trying to gather a team to build the first Pakistani OS from scratch. He is @Baz and the proposed OS is called MarkhorOS and he has setup a FB page here.

You should be more open.

Thread moved to appropriate section.

Same goes for UOS/Deepin. Those animations when u click an icon are really cool. Makes using Windows, Linux, etc. seemed like for dullards in comparison...
Oh please...

I am using original Windows 10 Professional and it is by far the most feature-rich and aesthetically pleasing OS in existence. You need a high-performance computer to make the most out of this OS and its features however.

UOS interface look very similar to that of Windows 10 by the way - source of inspiration is obvious.

So you think OS-designers will not be members of PDF ? That's how low you think of PDF ?

There is another member of PDF, a Pakistani, who is trying to gather a team to build the first Pakistani OS from scratch. He is @Baz and the proposed OS is called MarkhorOS and he has setup a FB page here.

You should be more open.
There are simply too many cheaters and liars here. I wouldn't trust their nonsense here. My friend is a programmer. He is pasisonate for his work and he simply has no time to find a gf and let alone come to forum for political view.

There are simply too many cheaters and liars here. I wouldn't trust their nonsense here.

Well, you will have to approach that Pakistani member and ask him.

Better yet, you can ask your friend to do that. Probably he would be better placed to find truth in the claim.

My friend is a programmer. He is pasisonate for his work and he simply has no time to find a gf and let alone come to forum for political view.

Merely being a programmer does not make someone capable of writing an OS. Every year India produces more than 200,000 computer science college graduates but there is not a single OS in India except for some Linux distros. Why ?

Last edited:

And do you now know why you failed?

Back
Top Bottom