What's new

China-made operating system UOS releases first version

And do you now know why you failed?

The "failure" was not something technological. It was about me speaking for one other electronics / CS engineer to be newly employed ( we already had three ) while my financing partner did not agree. That led to a dispute.

As for now, the new processor has to have a new OS ( it has a new instruction set ) and I will not port Linux onto it.

The "failure" was not something technological. It was about me speaking for one other electronics / CS engineer to be newly employed ( we already had three ) while my financing partner did not agree. That led to a dispute.

As for now, the new processor has to have a new OS ( it has a new instruction set ) and I will not port Linux onto it.
So you have still not passed beyond the engineering aspect yet and still have a long way to go.
Assuming it is successful, how compatible will it be with cross platform but the most crucial and important part is, will your OS be accepted without a backing of a major market?
So all this talk about it being easy is merely cheap talk. :coffee:

So you have still not passed beyond the engineering aspect yet and still have a long way to go.
Assuming it is successful, how compatible will it be with cross platform but the most crucial and important part is, will your OS be accepted without a backing of a major market?
So all this talk about it being easy is merely cheap talk. :coffee:

I am confused. Are you talking about the OS from ten years ago or the one I will have to develop once the processor prototype is done ?

Last edited:
There are simply too many cheaters and liars here. I wouldn't trust their nonsense here. My friend is a programmer. He is pasisonate for his work and he simply has no time to find a gf and let alone come to forum for political view.
there are no girls in computer science to begin with. story of my life. ending up forever alone. i am lazy so i have some time to come here to release some steam.

UOS is the paid version. The free version is available on deepin.org

BTW, I recently tried QQ Browser (by Tencent). It's really cool. I especially liked the animations on error pages. Makes Microsoft Edge, FireFox, etc. looked like designed by retards in comparison.

Same goes for UOS/Deepin. Those animations when u click an icon are really cool. Makes using Windows, Linux, etc. seemed like for dullards in comparison...

QQ Browser it's based on Chromium, i.e. just a skin for Chromium.

It's funny these achievements of Chinese big techs companies, they use western open source projects, they add backdoors, change the background color, add 3 images, and they dont publish the source code of the modifications :enjoy:.

So this way I can also make OS, browsers, and anything else.

QQ Browser it's based on Chromium, i.e. just a skin for Chromium.

It's funny these achievements of Chinese big techs companies, they use western open source projects, they add backdoors, change the background color, add 3 images, and they dont publish the source code of the modifications :enjoy:.

So this way I can also make OS, browsers, and anything else.
hmmmmmmm............seems they lack the ambition or don't want to waste time/resources in developing their own operating system from scratch. However, they will need to since the U.S wants to cut them off completely from its own OS ecosystem which it has built itself. So unfortunately for the Chinese there is no real shortcut to this process. I am surprised that they haven't created their own operating system from scratch all this time to be honest. It 's not like they are allies with the U.S, so i would have thought their government would have made this a priority decades ago.

If there is opportunity to replace all Chinese government OS system. There is already a guarantee market for it. Plus Chinese government may force enterprise working in China to adopt this as compatible with Chinese government. This will force chain reaction.
Don't you think the Chinese government would have done that long ago if it was viable for them?

why reinvent the wheel making a OS from scratch? it's useful for nothing.

In the information bussiness the only they need is to control the networks (to protect their information and steal the information of others).

And that's what they are doing through 5G and Huawei, selling 5g equipment cheapest than anyone, the strange thing is that they dont gift the 5g core network hardware, because they will get large amount of money stealing industrial secrets in the west.

Write an OS from scratch just to be different is meaningless endeavor when you already have source code available with well defined interfaces for any third party developers. Its like building a square peg for a round hole and then building a round wrapper around the square peg.

hmmmmmmm............seems they lack the ambition or don't want to waste time/resources in developing their own operating system from scratch. However, they will need to since the U.S wants to cut them off completely from its own OS ecosystem which it has built itself. So unfortunately for the Chinese there is no real shortcut to this process. I am surprised that they haven't created their own operating system from scratch all this time to be honest. It 's not like they are allies with the U.S, so i would have thought their government would have made this a priority decades ago.
It's open source and they are no restriction. Why reinvent the wheel?

Don't you think the Chinese government would have done that long ago if it was viable for them?
I think u missed the point. China never imagined US will be so cheap to ban Chinese companies from US OS. Now, it happened. Same as chips making hardware and software. It's not about Chinese lacking capabilities to do it but rather not necessary.

Same as passenger airplane industries. C919 is in the making but we forsee continue buying of airbus and boeing products.

Do China want to be a country where we only sell but never buy any products from others countries? If China never buys anything from other countries. This will reduces Chinese leverage in global influence. But the american are forcing us to do it for Chips making and software.

See the Chinese never ban any US companies from doing business in China except Lockheed Martin for selling weapon go Taiwan.

Last edited:
In other words, it doesnt matter if u use a OS with a million virus, backdoors and trojans if you can control the network of that device, if someone put a backdoor in you device but can't control the network, they can't spy u.

And that is the reason because is useful make 5g huawei network devices from scratch, and it's not useful make a OS from scratch :enjoy:.

Back
Top Bottom