What's new

China: No Changes to 'No First Nuclear Strike Policy'

India is capable of making 200 KT warhead, which is no wonder. So each MIRV with 5 of those becomes a city buster as well.

India has enough fissile material to bring nuclear winter to China and Pakistan.

But I said before, India *can* use its nuke arsenal first, not that it *will*.

Show me a non-Indian link to back up your claim. Every article written in the United States claims that India's nuclear tests were only small fission bombs. This conclusion is supported by seismic data.

But I really believe the Indian nuke is just a fizz out!
**** nukes on the other hand should be as strong as chinese..........who know nukes dont loose power after they are transferred by the source to destination

Are you here just to troll about India or are you so dumb that you don't have any knowledge?:sick::sick::sick:
India has "NO FIRST USE POLICY" since we developed the nuclear weapons.

India has no first use policy against Non Nuke nations only.

Check the update man!

Indian National Security Advisor Shri Shiv Shankar Menon signaled a significant shift from "no first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states" in a speech on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebrations of the National Defence College in New Delhi on October 21, 2010, a doctrine Menon said reflected India's "strategic culture, with its emphasis on minimal deterrence.

Is the word p-a-k-i a slang or something? Got starred out in my previous post....actually meant Pakistan in short

Show me a non-Indian link to back up your claim. Every article written in the United States claims that India's nuclear tests were only small fission bombs. This conclusion is supported by seismic data.

I believe India right now can build 200kt warheads, but these warheads are technologically too primitive and too heavy to be carry by a ballistic missile.

China, on the other hand, can build the miniaturized warheads as advanced as the US W-88.

Last edited:
Thats what you say!

Substantiate your statement please!

India is known to have 80 to 100 atomic weapons. Each atomic weapon is roughly the size of a Hiroshima bomb (e.g. 20 kilotons). 100 x 20 kilotons = 2,000 kilotons = 2 megatons maximum

One Chinese city-buster is 3 megatons.

Dongfeng (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The DF-5 is an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), designed to carry a 3 megaton (MT) nuclear warhead to distance up to 12,000 km. The DF-5 is a silo-based, two-stage missile, and its rocket served as the basis for the space-launch vehicle Fengbao-Tempest (FB-1) used to launch satellites. The missile was developed in the 1960s, but did not enter service until 1981. An improved variant, the DF-5A, was produced in the mid 1990s with improved range (>13,000 km). Currently, an estimated 24-36 DF-5A's are in service as China's primary ICBM force.[11][12]"

Here you go with non Indian source:

The Agni-2 has a minimum range of 500 km and a maximum range of 3,000 km, and can be fitted with 150 or 200 kT yield nuclear warheads, in addition to chemical, high-explosive, and submunitions versions. The missile’s main strength is its relatively high accuracy, especially at close range, due to its combination of an internal guidance system, a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) system, and radar correlation.

Duncan Lennox, ed., Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems 42 (Surrey: Jane’s Information Group, January 2005), 82-84; GlobalSecurity.org, “India Missile Special Weapons Delivery Systems,” available at Agni - India Missile Special Weapons Delivery Systems, accessed on 19 May 2005.

According to here, the total destructive power of the Indian nuclear arsenal is approximately 800 - 1000kt. Maybe they have more currently.

NTI: India - Nuclear Disarmament

From your link:

"Estimated Destructive Power:
Fission weapons: 800 Kt ~ 1000 Kt.
The yield of the 1998 thermonuclear test was estimated to be in the range of 12-25 Kt, as opposed to the 43-60 Kt yield stated by India."

Average of 12-25 kilotons = 18.5 kilotons

50 atomic weapons x 18.5 kilotons = 925 kilotons

100 atomic weapons x 18.5 kilotons = 1.85 megatons

Assuming that more of India's atomic weapons are closer to 12 kilotons, the estimate of 800 kilotons to 1 megaton in total yield for India's nuclear arsenal is reasonable.

Here you go with non Indian source:

Duncan Lennox, ed., Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems 42 (Surrey: Jane’s Information Group, January 2005), 82-84; GlobalSecurity.org, “India Missile Special Weapons Delivery Systems,” available at Agni - India Missile Special Weapons Delivery Systems, accessed on 19 May 2005.

The key words are: "can be fitted."

The missile can accommodate an advanced thermonuclear warhead if India possessed thermonuclear technology. Unfortunately, India is still stuck at the atomic level. The missile is capable of carrying an advanced warhead, but your country possesses no such thermonuclear warhead technology currently.

India is known to have 80 to 100 atomic weapons. Each atomic weapon is roughly the size of a Hiroshima bomb (e.g. 20 kilotons). 100 x 20 kilotons = 2,000 kilotons = 2 megatons maximum

The Agni-2 has a minimum range of 500 km and a maximum range of 3,000 km, and can be fitted with 150 or 200 kT yield nuclear warheads, in addition to chemical, high-explosive, and submunitions versions. The missile’s main strength is its relatively high accuracy, especially at close range, due to its combination of an internal guidance system, a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) system, and radar correlation

Each Indian MIRV with 5-6 independent warheads means one megaton.

So 20 missiles means China is covered. Not a big deal.

The key words are: "can be fitted."

The missile can accommodate an advanced thermonuclear warhead if India possessed thermonuclear technology. Unfortunately, India is still stuck at the atomic level. The missile is capable of carrying an advanced warhead, but your country possesses no such thermonuclear warhead technology currently.

Exactly, it "can be". :lol: Apparently ashok321 is living in a dreamland.

From ChineseTiger's source:

The estimation of nuclear destructive power:

1. Russia ~ 1,273 megaton
2. USA ~ 570 megaton
3. China ~ 294 megaton
4. France ~ 55 megaton
5. UK ~ 16 megaton
6. Israel ~ 1.5 - 4 megaton
7. India ~ 0.8 - 1 megaton
8. Pakistan ~ 0.6 - 1 megaton
9. North Korea ~ Unknown

Link: NTI: Nuclear Disarmament

The Agni-2 has a minimum range of 500 km and a maximum range of 3,000 km, and can be fitted with 150 or 200 kT yield nuclear warheads, in addition to chemical, high-explosive, and submunitions versions. The missile’s main strength is its relatively high accuracy, especially at close range, due to its combination of an internal guidance system, a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) system, and radar correlation

Each Indian MIRV with 5-6 independent warheads means one megaton.

So 20 missiles means China is covered. Not a big deal.

I showed you a Wikipedia entry for the DF-3, which has footnotes. Show me a link to a reputable news source that indicates that India has a missile with MIRVed thermonuclear warheads.

As has already been shown to you, a reputable source has estimated that India's total nuclear destructive power is 800 kilotons to 1 megaton (see http://www.nti.org/db/disarmament/country_india.html). You are not allowed to make your own MIRVed thermonuclear weapons out of thin air.

I'm finished here. I hate trolls that waste my time.

Back
Top Bottom