What's new

China: No Changes to 'No First Nuclear Strike Policy'

I showed you a Wikipedia entry for the DF-3, which has footnotes. Show me a link to a reputable news source that indicates that India has a missile with MIRVed thermonuclear warheads.

I think ashok321 is just dreaming. :azn:

According to the sources, India's entire nuclear arsenal is only about 1 megaton in total.

The key words are: "can be fitted."

The missile can accommodate an advanced thermonuclear warhead if India possessed thermonuclear technology. Unfortunately, India is still stuck at the atomic level. The missile is capable of carrying an advanced warhead, but your country possesses no such technology currently.

200 KT means what?

India has two-stage thermonuclear weapons - essentially a chain of fission-boosted fusion weapon.

The second stage, called the "secondary," is imploded by x-ray energy from the first stage, called the "primary." This radiation implosion is much more effective than the high-explosive implosion of the primary. Consequently, the secondary can be many times more powerful than the primary, without being bigger.

Last edited:
I think ashok321 is just dreaming. :azn:

According to the sources, India's entire nuclear arsenal is only about 1 megaton.

India possesses over 1600 kg of fissile material which can be used to produce over 400 nuclear warheads. This will have to be taken into account by all countries which are threatened by India's nuclear weapon arsenal.

Indian Nuclear Doctrine

Indian MIRV is 3 years away - under development.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Here is China's, i belive it is from late 1990s to early 2000s.

Since the primary force of DF-5 is already about 100 megaton, so 300 megaton seems to be reasonable to me.

NTI: China - Nuclear Disarmament

US is 570 megaton, since 490 megaton is total for W-76 and W-88. This is also correct.

NTI: United States - Nuclear Disarmament

But i don't know quite clear about the structure of Russia's stockpile.

NTI: Russia - Nuclear Disarmament

I am not disputing Chinese claims, its other way around.

Indian Nuclear Doctrine

Indian MIRV is 3 years away - under development.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I am not disputing Chinese claims, its other way around.

Honestly, this report seems to be accurate, but it is also from decade ago.

I believe the nuke stockpile both China and India will look very different from now. And this is a nation's top secret, no one would know the exact figures, except the Chinese leaders and the Indian leaders themselves.

There are other sources that point out China has 2000-3000 nukes actually and India has 400-500 nukes. Pakistan has 200 nukes. That's why no nuke war please. :cheers:

India has no first use policy against Non Nuke nations only.

Check the update man!
China should have a "first use" nuke policy against India.

And "no first use" nuke policy against everybody else.

According to "Minimum Nuclear Deterrence Postures in South Asia: An Overview" from USA DoD, India in 2010 has about 150-200 atomic warheads.

China should have a "first use" nuke policy against India.

And "no first use" nuke policy against everybody else.

thats why they say chinese are unfriendly neighbour... :flame::flame:

now I have an official reason to hate chinese :taz:

india wants to nuke china? rofl, by what? planes? ur airforce is too weak to protect ur bombers finish the job...if u have good bombers. rofl. ICBM? R u kidding me? ur brownian motion missiles? hahahaha

india wants to nuke china? rofl, by what? planes? ur airforce is too weak to protect ur bombers finish the job...if u have good bombers. rofl. ICBM? R u kidding me? ur brownian motion missiles? hahahaha

India has put 35 satllites in the space. And the technology and vehicle is same to nuke China - that is, if you dont beleive our missiles.

Both india and china have 'no first use' policy.
No first use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Both have no first use policy and both have anti-ballistic missile capabilities [sure, chinese range is higher than india's.]
Anti-ballistic missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So there is more possibility of nuke war in china vs u.s.a and pak. vs india than china vs india. [None of these wars are gonna occur nor should they. I'm just saying.]
And this thread is turning in to india vs china for no reason.

thats why they say chinese are unfriendly neighbour... :flame::flame:

now I have an official reason to hate chinese :taz:

first of all, i don't agree with Mr.HongWu on almost all of his posts on this forum.
i wont be angered by single person nowadays. i guess BR did a good job to make my anger threshold a very high level :taz:
this thread made me recall the days my very first visit to BR--i saw a nuke china thread and those guys were calmly listing out chinese cities with more than 1 million people(30+?) and calculated how many nukes needed for each city according to their population size:hitwall:
geez, india doesn't even have a reliable delivery vehicle to cover whole china, yet they already dreaming nuke whole china. such a far sight vision planner :rofl:
oh forgot to add: some indian susgested to announce a policy to the world that if india is attacked(any means not necessary nuke) by pakistan then india will automatically nuke china and this stupid idea gained a lot of supports there :rofl:

Last edited:
Nuke talk is indeed silly. China is not going to nuke any of its customers. Nukes are only an insurance policy against aggressors.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news...o-First-Nuclear-Strike-Policy--112997794.html

"China: No Changes to 'No First Nuclear Strike Policy'
Stephanie Ho | Beijing 06 January 2011

China denies a Japanese media report that the People’s Liberation Army will consider launching a preemptive nuclear strike if threatened by another nuclear state.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei Thursday said Beijing has not changed its policy of never being the first to fire nuclear weapons in a war.

Hong says the Chinese government has pledged never to be the first country to use nuclear weapons - at any time or under any circumstances. He says reports that China is considering changing the policy are "groundless and out of ulterior motives.”

Japan’s Kyodo News agency Wednesday reported that the Chinese military will consider launching a preemptive nuclear strike if China faces a critical situation in a war with another nuclear state. The report relied upon internal People’s Liberation Army documents as its source.

Hong did not directly answer a question about reports that China is in the advanced stages of developing a new stealth fighter jet. But he repeated reassurances that China follows a path of peaceful development.

Hong says China’s national defense policy is defensive and poses no threat to any other country.

U.S. military officials say the new jet is a so-called fifth-generation jet that is designed to be harder to spot on radar. U.S. officials say the jet is years away from being deployed.

Recent media reports have been full of other Chinese military developments, including news that China is close to putting to sea an old Russian aircraft carrier purchased in 1998.

U.S. military officials also say they believe a new Chinese anti-ship ballistic missile, that carries a warhead capable of destroying an aircraft carrier, has reached "initial operational capacity.”

All this comes as U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates is due in Beijing next week, for the first visit by a U.S. defense secretary in five years.

The Chinese spokesman says his government always values its military relations with the United States, and hopes the Gates visit will increase further understanding and trust between the two militaries.

Military to military relations had been suspended because of U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, a separately governed island that Beijing considers part of its territory."

Back
Top Bottom