What's new

China, Pakistan, Germany most negative about India

pkd

Reaction score
China, Pakistan, Germany most negative about India

A BBC Poll across 28 countries finds that global perceptions about the US have become more positive, while those of India are more negative as compared to a year ago.

For the first time since 2005, views of the US are more positive than negative, leading the Steven Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes (Pipa) to conclude: “the ‘Obama effect’ is real.”

Interestingly, India is one of just two countries (the other being Turkey) in which perceptions of the US became more negative. In India, positive perceptions dipped from 43 per cent to 39 per cent and negative views increased from 20 to 28 per cent. The poll shows that the only two countries to have majorities with negative views of the United States are Turkey (70%) and Pakistan (52%).

“Worldwide, views of India lean only modestly to the positive, barely edging out views of China. Among 27 countries polled, 15 are positive about India‘s influence in world affairs, ten are negative and two are divided. On average, among 27 countries, 36 per cent are positive and 31 per cent negative about India‘s influence. A high 33 per cent d do not provide an answer or are neutral,” says the report.

China, Pakistan and Germany are found to be the most negative about India, with 47 percent, 48 percent and 46 percent of those polled from these countries expressing negative views. South Korea and the US are the most positive about India, with 56 percent and 55 percent respectively stating that they have positive perceptions.

Negative views about India in Portugal and Italy have decreased since 2009, while in France and Germany positive views have risen.

BBC Poll: China, Pakistan, Germany most negative about India : The Development Dossier

Any statistics about world opinion about Pakistan?? we really really really like to know.:kiss3:

I love it anything, negative about India and the first question out of Indians what about Pakistan (Yet they claim Pakistanies are obsessed about India):rofl:

Germany I can't believe it!!!! Most unexpected. China and Pakistan we know!!!! But Germans thought about Indians are very high. I read a lot about many German scholars interest about India. Sanskrit and Indian culture was mainly brought to the Europeans by the Germans only.

I love it anything, negative about India and the first question out of Indians what about Pakistan (Yet they claim Pakistanies are obsessed about India):rofl:

According to the annual BBC's World Service Survey, Pakistan stands among the five least popular countries, which have the most negative influence on world affairs.

Pak among five least popular countries in world: BBC Poll

There is nothing to be happy about as only 3 countries have some negative about India, but look at the countries from all over the world Pakistan is in 2nd position in world's negative ranking.

Germany I can't believe it!!!! Most unexpected. China and Pakistan we know!!!! But Germans thought about Indians are very high. I read a lot about many German scholars interest about India. Sanskrit and Indian culture was mainly brought to the Europeans by the Germans only.

I too am amazed with Germany.
May be I am missing something but I could not find any reason behind this.

Thats what I got from the poll. Don't know whether it is another BBC propaganda or not...

Note that India has good image in USA, UK, Russia and S Korea. Moderate bad image in Pakistan, China, Philippines and some European countries. While positive influence in the world is almost stable. No one hates India very much ie no country with more than 50%.

China has good image in Latin America, Africa and East Asia, while very bad in Europe, S Korea, Japan and USA with more than 50%. China's positive influence is decreasing.

Pakistan has moderate image in Kenya and Mexico. But most surprising is more people in China think negative about Pakistan than positive. Germany, Brazil, France and S Korea got most negative influence of Pakistan.

India

China

Pakistan

World

Last edited:
Pakistan should aim for number 1, anything that shows us in good light is worth striving for.

Joking, already posted in world section. But hey, atleast we beat India considering how small we are next to them.

Also, why dont Nazis lilke us. We do not like them too.

Pakistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea should start their own group.

PIINK

PIINK

take Israel out to make it PINK.

PIINK is no good :no:

PIINK

It's an unrealistic combination. Israel with Pakistan?? :woot:

Creating new groups does not solve anything. More important is improving existing ones. Basic point is, what is the common ground for any group. You already have OIC. You can use that one. China could be of vital help.

PIINK will help improve our countries world view, its light, sounds girly and will be promoted by a world tour featuring Ahmedenijad, Nentanyahooooo, Zardari and Kim Jong Ill. A dance act where they will dress up in pink skirts and do break dance.

Our countries will be the most liked in the world after this.

PIINK will help improve our countries world view, its light, sounds girly and will be promoted by a world tour featuring Ahmedenijad, Nentanyahooooo, Zardari and Kim Jong Ill. A dance act where they will dress up in pink skirts and do break dance.

Our countries will be the most liked in the world after this.

:lol:

We gift Rahul baba and Lalu Prasad!!! Put all of them in a room. First Rahul baba will name the coalition as 'Rajiv Gandhi Coalition' and the room as 'Rajiv Gandhi Room', then Lalu Prasad will start his coalition politics with Ahmedenijad, Netanyahooooooooooo, Zardari and Kim Jong as well as he will start his own farm house business and chae dukaan! Than every one is happy and likes us!! :azn::azn:

:lol:

We gift Rahul baba and Lalu Prasad!!! Put all of them in a room. First Rahul baba will name the coalition as 'Rajiv Gandhi Coalition' and the room as 'Rajiv Gandhi Room', then Lalu Prasad will start his coalition politics with Ahmedenijad, Netanyahooooooooooo, Zardari and Kim Jong as well as he will start his own farm house business and chae dukaan! Than every one is happy and likes us!! :azn::azn:

Agreed, so the group is now called PIINKI, as India has joined us.

Zardari can finance all this, he has lots of money.

Back
Top Bottom