What's new

China reveals its cards for investing $20 billion in Pakistan

So Indians, out of no where have become our 'friends', today....ain't that priceless? :D

If our friends, in China are investing up to $40 billion dollars in Pakistan, we ought to make trivial adjustments to make that happen.

It will fix our energy crisis, heal our economy and bring stability....its a win win.

Since when do we Pakistanis require our enemies to tell us, whats good and whats not for 'our' nation.?

Good or bad, timely fulfillment of our mega projects WILL boost our GDP growth, create jobs, businesses, infrastructure and will be another mile stone in our alliance with our best ally, China.

pakistan to apna bhai hai......hence the concern.......

on topic.......
its not 40 billion $ but 20 billion $
you dont know where they will be investing......
they might invest in gwadar port as infrastructure development.......which will help them not you guys
earlier the ruyi group said they will be investing in textile sectors....there were no clause then.....they might include that 2 billion $ deal here.....

you can get loans from imf also.......and give those project to good companies for timely fulfillment

if you give them those projects without any bidding.......they might bring their workforce.........so you will lose jobs as well
your domestic base will not grow either

you dont know how much are those projects worth......
it could be greater than 20 billion$ or could be less also......
i think its more for obvious reasons....

it has pro's and con's
no doubt at this stage its gud for pak......
but i doubt the profit sharing
i think they will take much more than what they will give

yep......it will be another milestone

i never said it with wrong intentions......if some country had offered simillar deal to India,i would have opposed it also
pdf per aane ke baad aap logon se pyar ho gaya :smitten:

Chinese have not brought their workforce in the past. They only bring Engineers and managment staff to Pakistan. This has been the case, when they were developing the telecom infrastructure in Pakistan.

On top of this investment, the transit will cost up to 20 billion as well.

With up to 40 billion being injected into our economy, and the energy crisis being permanently fixed, it will further draw in Chinese and international investment.

Pakistan should, hand over, all major projects to China to build and run, including, upgrading our obselete railway infrastructure.

Chinese have not brought their workforce in the past. They only bring Engineers and managment staff to Pakistan. This has been the case, when they were developing the telecom infrastructure in Pakistan.

On top of this investment, the transit will cost up to 20 billion as well.

With up to 40 billion being injected into our economy, and the energy crisis being permanently fixed, it will further draw in Chinese and international investment.

Pakistan should, hand over, all major projects to China to build and run, including, upgrading our obselete railway infrastructure.

chalo dekhte hain......kuch mahine pe pata chal jayega what the chinese are upto :pakistan::china:

chalo dekhte hain......kuch mahine pe pata chal jayega what the chinese are upto :pakistan::china:

We have plenty to learn from China. With their investment, our companies will have an opportunity to learn from them.

If Chinese start to invest heavily in Pakistan, the others will follow suite.

Great offer, Pakistan should go for it as far as no national asset has been handed over and Pak govt will have full authority on all these projects.

No country is going to provide such huge funding in soft loan if they unable to secure these projects. Interest on soft loan is below market rate. $20 billion soft loan FDI on infrastructure project is not a profitable investment. Oil exploration project is far more profitable.
Pakistan credit standing is nothing to shout about. No country, except World Bank, is going to so generous. If anything, it shows China-Pakistan friendship. It's a no brainer win-win for Pakistan.

India needs billions of FDI for its infrastructure projects, how much has India pulled in???? Any country giving Indian soft loans??

Last edited:
1. No one is selling anything, it's construction projects and they want direct contracting.

2. When some country provides assistance or long term soft loans with 100% financing the contracts go to that country's companies. That's a norm.

3. The projects will have HUGE impact of Pakistan's GDP growth and would pay their cost out in a short time.

4. The companies can't rip Pakistan off with high cost because it's not like we are talking about buying apples and bananas. The cost for such projects are already determined by international consultants in detailed feasibilities.

I think we should start the projects ASAP.

Last edited:
No country is going to provide such huge funding in soft loan if they unable to secure these projects. Interest on soft loan is below market rate. $20 billion soft loan FDI on infrastructure project is not a profitable investment. Oil exploration project is far more profitable.
Pakistan credit standing is nothing to shout about. No country, except World Bank, is going to so generous. If anything, it shows China-Pakistan friendship. It's a no brainer win-win for Pakistan.

India needs billions of FDI for its infrastructure projects, how much has India pulled in???? Any country giving Indian soft loans??

Oh just 160 odd billion from China over the next ten years :)

We have a 50 year vision for this era of cooperation with the PRC.

All projects you are seeing today are pieces of a larger puzzle. Pakistan and China wish to cooperate and maintain the regional stability through economics.

In SinoPak relationship for the past 60 years, there have been no 'unfair deal' inflicted upon us by the PRC. Therefore the Pakistani people trust PRC very much.

There are no 'winners' nor 'losers' here. We've got our eyes set in a 'bigger goal', that benefits both nations. ;)

We have a 50 year vision for this era of cooperation with the PRC.

All projects you are seeing today are pieces of a larger puzzle. Pakistan and China wish to cooperate and maintain the regional stability through economics.

In SinoPak relationship for the past 60 years, there have been no 'unfair deal' inflicted upon us by the PRC. Therefore the Pakistani people trust PRC very much.

There are no 'winners' nor 'losers' here. We've got our eyes set in a 'bigger goal', that benefits both nations. ;)

Oh just 160 odd billion from China over the next ten years :)

How much of this $160 billion are in infrastructure project under soft loan? And how many of these projects China undertook to finance 100% with India not having to come out a single cent? Probably none.

Last edited:
How much of this $160 billion are in infrastructure project under soft loan? How many of these project is 100% financed by China without India having to co-finance?

Most are infrastructure related. Some small scale manufacturing. Infrastructure is partly financed by India/Indian banks/etc. Industry related investments - mostly fully Chinese FDI. It's a mixed bag.

China ready to invest $160 billion in Andhra Pradesh - Economic Times

I'm quoting the above article. I spoke with a mid level executive from BOC - Investment from Hong Kong and he mentioned that the time period for such investments are in the 10-12 year range. I'm taking his word for it because he quoted the 160Bn number without me prompting him.

^Was at a meet and greet in Perth.

its a bad deal from pakistan's perspective
but a very gud deal from china's perspective
china is asking for big power projects without any bidding.......they must have done their mathematics

As per current law and order situation in Pakistan this offer will be very lucrative to the Government because who will want to invest in this kind of situation in Pakistan?

Most are infrastructure related. Some small scale manufacturing. Infrastructure is partly financed by India/Indian banks/etc. Industry related investments - mostly fully Chinese FDI. It's all mixed.

China ready to invest $160 billion in Andhra Pradesh - Economic Times

I'm quoting the above article. I spoke with a mid level executive from BOC - Investment from Hong Kong and he mentioned that the time period for such investments are in the 10-12 year range. I'm taking his word for it because he quoted the 160Bn number without me prompting him.

^Was at a meet and greet in Perth.

Exactly. Huge infrastructure projects are always co-finance with local govt/banks under market rate. Rarely are you going to find a country who would finance 100% under soft loan. It's simply not profitable.

Exactly. Huge infrastructure projects are always co-finance with local govt/banks under market rate. Rarely are you going to find a country who would finance 100% under soft loan. It's simply not profitable.

So, then, is this simply a bad investment by China in order to help its ailing ally?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom