What's new

China’s assertiveness is increasing: Antony

about time Mr Antony realizes that playing this blame game wont help in our relations in the future. one day we say that we have to improve our relations throught blah blah.. horse ****!!! and the second day ''watch out mr china you are crossing your line you are growing stronger militarily and economically we dont like it''.. aint there some other ways to play this safe rather than addressing such retarded statement??

I think you didn't got it.

India tried best to reduce tension with China and was quite successful but again China is not a democracy. Their sudden huge military and infrastructure build up and they foot hold in Kashmir are not the signs of friendly thoughts. Now what do you expect from GoI? More clam word? I think no.

The GoI still support and carry out peaceful way of border related talks with China but we should be prepared for the other way as well. Those words were needed.

Well said but I want to add something. Relation with Nepal, BD, Myanmar etc are important but cooperation with Japan, US, Singapore is more important. These small neighbors are becoming increasingly China's buddies. China failed to get smaller friends like India in past except Pakistan, that also under heavy US influence. So they are concentrating on South Asian countries. But these countries are not out of our cirecle yet but certainly we need to work on them. We have done well regarding BD, Myanmar and looking forward for SL and Nepal.

In long terms US, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam and Taiwan etc will be more important for us.
Agree but did you think only making friendship relationship with those country will help india not much so did you think if china create war against us those country like Vietnam, S.K, Japan come at involve in the war or same reverse case with india dnt do this. China is powerful military nation. we should have to defend our nation ourself to make our arm force more powerful. Country leader will have to see on this side also. Now we have good economy with second best growth rate. our neighbors does not like this.We can expend more money in our need though indigenous or import hardware. coze of slow replacement we are not achieve and did not fullfill our armforce need and past we dnt have stroge economy in 90's We can easily achieve this today all we need from increase 0.5 in our budget and make fast procurement policy.

Antony is just stating the obvious. Economic rise brings political and military clout and assertiveness is by-product of that.

Given a thought, Pakistan would probably have the same views vis-a-vis India.

India tried best to reduce tension with China and was quite successful but again China is not a democracy. Their sudden huge military and infrastructure build up and they foot hold in Kashmir are not the signs of friendly thoughts. Now what do you expect from GoI? More clam word? I think no.

The GoI still support and carry out peaceful way of border related talks with China but we should be prepared for the other way as well. Those words were needed.

I don't think people in China consider letting Dalai Lama visiting Arunachal Pradesh to be something a government trying best to reduce tension would do.

I don't think people in China consider letting Dalai Lama visiting Arunachal Pradesh to be something a government trying best to reduce tension would do.
We dont take ur presence in Tibet very kindly. and ur poking nose in AP kindly at all. If you want to feel bad about AP sorry its ur problem. We in India cant help a case like you.:lazy:

We dont take ur presence in Tibet very kindly. and ur poking nose in AP kindly at all. If you want to feel bad about AP sorry its ur problem. We in India cant help a case like you.:lazy:

Well I don't feel bad about AP at all, I have far more pressing thing to worry about. The point is the India can not claim it's trying best to reduce tensions while doing what it did.

He is just doing plain talking, as its purely a military meet you can't expect him talk Gandhian thoughts in it.

Works speaks louder then words and we know that all the military purchases are behind schedule for years. And he have not done anything to speed them up.

Antony is concerned of his clean image more then security of India.

the bold part is one thing I can fully agree on......I made this point in a different thread too.....Antony may be good for the scandal hit MoD....but in the current times we need someone capable of taking some concrete action.....Antony has uptill now been just a spectator while our critical requirements like rapidly shoring up the numbers in our sub fleet ....or even the MMRCA ....gets delayed again and again....imho would be much better if someone like Chidambaram was in charge....though the man is indispensable in the position he currently holds......

Well I don't feel bad about AP at all, I have far more pressing thing to worry about. The point is the India can not claim it's trying best to reduce tensions while doing what it did.

you wouldn't because its not our Govt who has been needling China on Tibet.....when was the last time you heard the GOI "claim" Tibet is an occupied territory ? regarding AP though it is Indian soil like Kashmir....and any Chinese governmental action which throws this into doubt will be considered provocative by us ....and replied appropriately in due course.....

i agree that India has made a lot of effort to reduce tensions with china, but i do not understood what you ment by china not being a democracy. not being a democracy dose not make china incapable .about their huge military presence ,please correct me if i am wrong but didn't India recently beefed up its military presence in kashmir and arunachal pradesh.

i totally agree with you that we should not take this lightly but IMHO posting such articles so frequently make us look like idiots and confused on our stand with them. we dont see china publishing such articles so frequently they know what their stand is. instead we should furthermore increase our military and infrastructure growth in Kashmir and archangel Pradesh.

the point u r missing is AP is Indian land. Now stop interferiing in India. India doesnt take it lightly or likes it when u interfere there. It is taken very seriously and disliked to no extent. Tibet if u want to solve that problem u better stop poking ur noses in others affairs.

about time you try to understand that we Indians totally agree that Tibet is and integral part of china.. its about time china acknowledge Arunachal pradesh is a Union of India.!!

Well its mutual.
Both these countries are trying to grow at a time when the power is shifting from west to east.
Both are growing powers and both have interests, the point here is China is a bigger, better and responsible country.So it should show telerance and openness first. Like pakistan feel insecure when it comes to us, India feels insecure when it comes to you.

You need to act sensibly first, We never supported Tibet, we have a refugee situation here because of Tibet. You show solidarity first and we will show.

What will you get if you get AP, you are already a big nation, its justa petty thing. Our compassion towards Dalai lama is less debatable than your claim on AP.

What will you get if you get AP, you are already a big nation, its justa petty thing. Our compassion towards Dalai lama is less debatable than your claim on AP.

China doesn't actually want Arunachal Pradesh. It is just a political card.

China will give up that card when it is no longer worried about the Tibetan government in exile.

Back
Top Bottom