What's new

China’s Territorial Disputes with India

On the other thread, China has potential to become one of the world superpowers; however, as I've pointed out, should China continue to conduct herself as such (imposing her will and suppressing weaker nations) then she could never ever win the respect and cooperation of the rest of the world; thus she would never ever achiever her "superpower" position as she would acclaim.

Regarding, the old tributary system; other smaller states would have to pay tributes to China in exchange for protection, etc. however, in reality it was merely a one way street. If we didn't pay, certainly we would face the wrath of the Empire. I hope China will not conduct herself as such in our modern time.

In other words, because Vietnam is a small country, it can do everything. Frankly, this is ridiculous. You know, the bottom line is that the two countries to compete for an ownerless Sea, Vietnam is not a victim. And Chinese people believe in peace and cooperation, because we have a deep understanding, we will not change this policy, but he did not include the sovereignty of any nation's sovereignty is dedicated not only to China. We do not need a name, if you can not protect their own sovereignty and interests.

Sorry if I offended you mate, but thats why I added "apparently". Some Chinese guy was saying that in China-Vietnam thread that China ruled over Vietnam for 1000 years.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of Chinese policy, which claims all the resource rich and scarcely populated regions, on the back of this argument. Tibet belongs to China because once upon a time it was under our rule. Arunachal Pradesh(South Tibet) belongs to China because once upon a time it was under our rule. Spratly and Parcels belongs to China because once upon a time it was under our rule.

Why not claim all the other historical regions which were under some Chinese king? Cause they don't have much to gain there.

What happens if the Mongolians start saying the same:lol:. Its just a bs policy and makes their claim flimsy.

You should tell us, china think we have sovereignty over those areas, we have the contact history from ancient times until today. Do you think that is not enough, well, I ask, what is India? What Vietnam? Since China is a " not enough ", your reason is" enough "? tell me, what is your reason to be" enough "?

You should tell us, china that wehave sovereignty over those areas, we have the contact history from ancient times until today. Do you think that is not enough, well, I ask, what is India? What Vietnam? Since China is a " not enough ", your reason is" enough "? tell me, what is your reason to be" enough "?

Am not sure what you are trying to say. But if Arunachal people were same as Tibetans or the Chinese they would atleast speak the same language. Besides India doesn't need to give China any reason. AP is already under Indian control, the onus is on China to convince India to give up Arunachal Pradesh, which I don't see happening. Not on this flimsy argument anyways.

I don't see the Chinese able to do WZC again now.Nor the IA is that stupid.One of the bad effect of the 1962 war is the average indian will never trust the mainland chinese again

Am not sure what you are trying to say. But if Arunachal people were same as Tibetans or the Chinese they would atleast speak the same language. Besides India doesn't need to give China any reason. AP is already under Indian control, the onus is on China to convince India to give up Arunachal Pradesh, which I don't see happening. Not on this flimsy argument anyways.

China has at least some basis in history, what India has? China can not have those areas, why India and Vietnam can go with?

Sir, go directly to that all the territories inherited only from the two points, history and reality, as history, so have the will and according (historical basis) to claim the sovereignty of those areas, but because of reality, sometimes only able to recognize the reality . Therefore, some territorial havedisputes between countries. Some territories not disputes. so simple.

Some of the Chinese posters here remind me of the fascists prior to world war2 hypernationalism at play imo

China has at least some basis in history, what India has? China can not have those areas, why India and Vietnam can go with?

Sir, go directly to that all the territories inherited only from the two points, history and reality, as history, so have the will and according to (historical basis) to claim the sovereignty of those areas, but because of reality, sometimes only able to recognize the reality . Therefore, some territorial havedisputes between countries. Some territories not disputes. so simple.

Well the reality is that AP is under Indian jurisdiction and Spratly under Vietnamese, if the territories were unclaimed China could have annexed them based on historical grounds?

Well the reality is that AP is under Indian jurisdiction and Spratly under Vietnamese, if the territories were unclaimed China could have annexed them based on historical grounds?

If India is to promote control, yes, this is reality, but in other words, India's view is that as long as control can have, then, China also can, according to your logic.

If India is to promote control, yes, this is reality, but in other words, India's view is that as long as control can have, then, China also can, according to your logic.
Are the PLA ready to go for a blood bath for Arunachal pradesh

India's official view is that AP is an integral part of India.

Are the PLA ready to go for a blood bath for Arunachal pradesh

PAL ready to bleed for any China's territorial sovereignty, but the negotiations is another solution if successful.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

India's official view is that AP is an integral part of India.

India's view is that as long as control can have, then, China also can, according to your logic.

problem is, based on this logic then all china has to do is invade then the reality becomes "well its our now" and by your statement i see that you would not compain. however territory disputes are very complicated as can even be seen here, history and present reality both play a large part. for all intents and purposes the Chinese claims on south Tibet will probably not be realized but it certainly is a useful political tool in bargaining on other areas. likewise the indian claim on the chinese controlled kashmir will lead nowhere(i pray India isn't stupid enough to even consider another forward policy). on the seas however the situation is much more fluid as generally there isnt a large local population(unihabited for the most part)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom