What's new

China seems to have figured out how to make 7nm chips despite US sanctions

Dude, I am talking just about engine technology.

I took CJ-1000A targeting LEAP-1C technology to demonstrate that by the end of this decade China will still be a decade behind the West in engine tech.

China is making great progress but do not overestimate what you can achieve by 2030. You will still be behind the West in a few sectors.
Behind the west? The France scnema M88 engine is underpowered compare to WS-10B engine and that is the best combat aeroengine they can produced.

The french and Italian navy can only import LM-2500 gas turbine for their most modern warship.

I don't think China is far behind the west. CJ-1000A once enter service, it's still relevant in the market. Even the american don't introduced every new engine in just 4-6 years time.
M88 and WS-10B are two completely different engines in terms of thrust class.

Anyway M88 is French and they are behind the UK and US that are the leaders in engine technology in the world.

Compare 2005 US F-119 to WS-10B and you will see the diffence between the West and China.

Last I heard CJ-1000A is now put back to late 2020s/2030 and that would be equivalent to a late 2010s LEAP-1C Western(US/France) engine.

Dude, I think you lack knowledge in this area and that is fine. Please spend some time researching to get your knowledge level up to correct level and then come back.
You claim the west and not american. So suddenly, french is not the west? Ws-10B thrust to weight ratio is still better than M88. China has the WS-1EP which has even better thrust to weight ratio than M88. The new WS-19 which will going to be install on J-35 will be better than anything UK eurojet engine can throw at us.

When China demonstrated WS-10B with thrust vector on a J-10B. Europe equivalent one are yet to be seen... And I know better than you crapped.

Behind the west? The France scnema M88 engine is underpowered compare to WS-10B engine and that is the best combat aeroengine they can produced.

The french and Italian navy can only import LM-2500 gas turbine for their most modern warship.

I don't think China is far behind the west. CJ-1000A once enter service, it's still relevant in the market. Even the american don't introduced every new engine in just 4-6 years time.

You claim the west and not american. So suddenly, french is not the west? Ws-10B thrust to weight ratio is still better than M88. China has the WS-1EP which has even better thrust to weight ratio than M88. The new WS-19 which will going to be install on J-35 will be better than anything UK eurojet engine can throw at us.

When China demonstrated WS-10B with thrust vector on a J-10B. Europe equivalent one are yet to be seen... And I know better than you crapped.

Dude, you serious lack knowledge.:lol:

Why are you comparing the 2005 Eurojet-2000 UK engine with the 2025 WS-19?

:cheesy:

That is 20 year difference in service date.:dance3:

No harm in being nationalistic but please be realistic.:-)

Dude, you serious lack knowledge.:lol:

Why are you comparing the 2005 Eurojet-2000 UK engine with the 2025 WS-19?

:cheesy:

That is 20 year difference in service date.:dance3:

No harm in being nationalistic but please be realistic.:-)
Why can't compare when it's the best UK can produced? Plus WS-19 is thrust to weight ratio is 11:1. with thrust vector added. UK? zero to compare. :lol:

Dude, I am talking just about engine technology.

I took CJ-1000A targeting LEAP-1C technology to demonstrate that by the end of this decade China will still be a decade behind the West in engine tech.

China is making great progress but do not overestimate what you can achieve by 2030. You will still be behind the West in a few sectors.

Normally, it will take China 2050 to catch up the US.

However, the US right now is on free fall mode, hence it will take China 2030 to dominate them.

Their real economy is dead, and they cannot live without the money printing machine that creates a ponzi scheme of multi-trillion inflation in every year.

Their manufacturing is also pretty much on the verge of collapsing on the last few nodes. Boeing is in big trouble, and Intel cannot keep up with the competition, and they ask the Biden government to steal the fab technology for them.

It is not that China is too overhyped, it is the US has been rotten to the core.

However, the US right now is on free fall mode, hence it will take China 2030 to dominate them.

Their real economy is dead, and they cannot live without the money printing machine that creates a ponzi scheme of multi-trillion inflation in every year.

Their manufacturing is also pretty much on the verge of collapsing on the last few nodes. Boeing is in big trouble, and Intel cannot keep up with the competition, and they ask the Biden government to steal the fab technology for them.

It is not that China is too overhyped, it is the US has been rotten to the core.
American are over rated. The american are only good in creating YouTube bragging video to fool the ignorant.

American are over rated. The american are only good in creating YouTube bragging video to fool the ignorant.

Americans do underestimate China, but we do not overestimate the USA.

The USA is indeed a very good competitor. They can absorb excellent talents from all over the world, which is what we are inferior to. If we cannot suppress the USA before the outbreak of the population problem, the future will be very troublesome.

And I personally think it's not terrible when the USA is at the top of the world. What's really terrible is when they are in the position of chaser.

The USA is indeed a very good competitor. They can absorb excellent talents from all over the world, which is what we are inferior to. If we cannot suppress the USA before the outbreak of the population problem, the future will be very troublesome.

And I personally think it's not terrible when the USA is at the top of the world. What's really terrible is when they are in the position of chaser.
No, the world is fed up with US hegemony at the top, with all the bullying and waging wars, at least in non-Western countries.

The best academic talent are Chinese. With the lost of Chinese talent serving America, US is bound to fall behind China. While China just need to ensure its talent are retain will maintain the edge over US.

The best academic talent are Chinese. With the lost of Chinese talent serving America, US is bound to fall behind China. While China just need to ensure its talent are retain will maintain the edge over US.

Not sure it is as simple as this.

US has become complacent in the STEM subjects as it had access to talent from overseas.

As this dries up then it will reorient its education system to produce more home-grown talent in this field and remember there are plenty of very clever STEM students from S. Asia that US will have access to for decades to come.

In the UK, Chinese and Indians are very eventy matched in the STEM subjects. BD'shis are slowly catching up with these two groups as well.

If we are so complacent and arrogant, then we are the next declining USA. Arrogance is the first sin of seven dead sins.
If you treat the world arrogantly, the world will treat you arrogantly.

Last edited:
ASML can blackmail US back by banning all equipment sales to US if they push their luck to far.

Let me get this straight...the US supplies key components/tech to ASML's machines..and ASML is going to ban selling these machines back to the US.

How can they ban machines they wont be able to make?

Or the electric catapult of China Fujian aircraft carrier of DC power is also steal from US faulty AC design?

LOL! You are only using DC because you simply don't have the nuclear power generating capabilities to support 4 catapults using AC.

LOL! You are only using DC because you simply don't have the nuclear power generating capabilities to support 4 catapults using AC.

I'm not expert on this,but do you have any source/research to prove that AC is batter than DC for this EM application?

Or maybe we don't really need nuclear powered carrier right now? Nuclear power could well be a huge disadvantage because no matter where the carrier got hitted by a missile,there would be a great danger that nuclear leakage would ruin the whole ship and soldiers for ever?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom