What's new

China signs deal for 150 Russian fighter jet engines: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were great planes no doubt about it :toast_sign:,but now they r old ,so they r crashing ,well i personally dont want to call it as flying coffin ,but in every forum the pakistanis & chinese adress it as flying coffins ,so i thought u were mentioning about our record in crashes out of which majority r MIG 21 .So to counter ur allegation i compared it with J7.

The J-7 was already retired, why keep mocking on a retired aircraft?

oh my god 7 yr old! ,how did u know ?

Isn't 2004 7 years old from now?

In 2004 a Russian official speculated that China would still put this engine into production. Other possible issues include incidents of shedding turbine blades, oil leakage issues, and even one unconfirmed rumor of a new J-11BS fighter disintegrating in flight due to a Taihang engine failure.

oh my god 7 yr old! ,how did u know ?

I didn't say you are seven years old.

I meant that the report you posted about some Flanker disintegrating in mid-air happened over 7 years ago. Technology development can move forward a lot within that time.

Isn't 2004 7 years old from now?
In 2004 a Russian official speculated that China would still put this engine into production. Other possible issues include incidents of shedding turbine blades, oil leakage issues, and even one unconfirmed rumor of a new J-11BS fighter disintegrating in flight due to a Taihang engine failure.
but it is not mentioned specifically it took on that yr it may also happened after 2004 or may be before.
i actually got the information from this link but it didnt mentioned the exact date.
Jet Engine Development in China: Indigenous high-performance turbofans are a final step toward fully independent fighter production | China SignPost

The funny part is pepole are arguring something that is not confirmed yet,even from the news it said there is no contract signed,I checked the Chinese news and there's no report said we signed the 500 million engine contract which was reported since July.Below it's the direct quote from the news:

"BEIJING: Russia's top jet engine-maker has signed an agreement to supply over 100 high powered engines for China's new fleet of fighter jets, but Beijing is yet to ratify the deal as it is apparently miffed by some stiff conditionalties of the deal, a media report said.

"The contract will involve 140 to 150 engines, but it has not been confirmed by authorities in Beijing,"

I didn't say you are seven years old.
well who is saying ke I am 7 yr old

I meant that the report you posted about some Flanker disintegrating in mid-air happened over 7 years ago. Technology development can move forward a lot within that time.
well exact date is not known ,but it said of reports . The article where i got the information is posted above.Well technology development can move forward i agree ,but these thread forced me to post this article.

The funny part is pepole are arguring something that is not confirmed yet,even from the news it said there is no contract signed,I checked the Chinese news and there's no report said we signed the 500 million engine contract which was reported since July.Below it's the direct quote from the news:

"BEIJING: Russia's top jet engine-maker has signed an agreement to supply over 100 high powered engines for China's new fleet of fighter jets, but Beijing is yet to ratify the deal as it is apparently miffed by some stiff conditionalties of the deal, a media report said.

"The contract will involve 140 to 150 engines, but it has not been confirmed by authorities in Beijing,"
China Signs $500 Million Russian Jet Engine Deal, Vedomosti Says - Bloomberg
well according to the website u posted the content are

China’s Ministry of Defense signed a contract to buy Russian aircraft engines worth $500 million in early June, Vedomosti reported, citing an unidentified personsource close to Russia’s state arms-selling agency and an unidentified manager of an aviation company.
The contract is for 123 AL-31FN engines by 2013, the first 13 of which will be delivered later this year, the newspaper said.

but why would chinese not ratify the deal ?they had signed an agreement with the russians

well who is saying ke I am 7 yr old

Mate, work on your comprehension skills. In no way did that sound like I was saying you are 7 years old.

well exact date is not known ,but it said of reports . The article where i got the information is posted above.Well technology development can move forward i agree ,but these thread forced me to post this article.

So, that was even before 2004? Then I rest my case.

dont worry our pilots even if they queue up or not ,they dont need insurance if they ever fly planes with indian engines .

because the insurance companies wont pay the odd``as IAF holds the record of real time crashing 'test'`:laugh:

Doc: If I am not mistaken, the J-11B is powered by a Chinese engine. The J-10 will be powered by Russian engine for now due to the fact the Chinese production lines are in full swing. They cannot keep up with the demand.

So, it is more feasible to procure engines from Russia compared to investing tonnes of money on new production lines for jet engines.

Mate, work on your comprehension skills. In no way did that sound like I was saying you are 7 years old.

So, that was even before 2004? Then I rest my case.

he seriously lacks that, look at his clueless barkings on 5 pages, a newbi sticks on an odd news been talked here months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom