What's new

China - The world's hotbed of innovation?

Inside the Chinese Boom in Corporate Espionage
By Michael Riley and Ashlee Vance on March 15, 2012

Oh boy, are we going back to the 'gunpowder thing' again ? Oh, and spaghetti, too.:china:

i need at least 17,000 narrative articles such as the one you posted annually to prove all the Chinese innovations are 'copied'```because thats how much PCT granted the patent to China, more over with over 15% annual increases``

so my question is how much western propaganda you want to spread``and people are not as gullible and naive as you``

and why not going back to gunpowder and noodles again? since you are talking about 'coying' technologies and inventions?

OH JEEZ !!! Let's not forget about the firecracker, too. If not for that, we'd never have a nuclear bomb. HAHAHAHAHA !!! :rofl:

you showed your level of stupidity very well

“Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal” - Steve Jobs

All starting economies will typically copy from another advance nation till a point where they are technological equals then the innovation starts coming in, Japan did it when they first started making cars, so did the Koreans in the cars and phones its inevitable.

Besides there so many manufacturing companies in China, if a big firm who does not need to copy makes an OEM for an American company some entrepreneurial staff will quit start his own manufacturing company and copy that product. The smaller firm gets done for copying by the news and makes it seem everyone is copying.

At the end of the day companies venturing into China knew the risk and bite the bullet to get a share of the pie. The company was foundering before it entered China, who knows without going into China they might have already gone bankrupt.

Quote from your article
"Willy Shih, a professor at Harvard Business School who has testified before Congress about business dealings between the U.S. and China, takes a historical view of intellectual property theft. In the 1870s, American textile companies would send employees to work in British factories. They would take notes on textile equipment and bring back the information. The Russians and East Germans stole U.S. computer and chip designs during the Cold War. “And similar things have been true of Korean companies and Japanese companies,” says Shih. “I would argue that it’s a normal development pattern.”

China’s been helped by good timing. It’s emerging as a global economic power at a time when nearly every secret worth stealing sits on a computer server. U.S. intelligence agencies fear that Chinese spies have already siphoned terabytes of data from thousands of Western companies."

I believe China will reach the innovation age just as Japan/Korea/Taiwan etc did after they pass they copying stage.

so my question is how much western propaganda you want to spread``and people are not as gullible and naive as you`.../QUOTE]

About as much chinese propaganda as you'd like to fling around. And thank you china for firecrackers and ramen noodles. There, I said it.

...you showed your level of stupidity very well

Will you 'copy' the way I did that, too ?:china:

I'm sure China will at some point soon become the world's hottest place for innovation. But I'm absolutely sure it won't last long. Probably less than two decades, maybe not even one. The reasons are cultural: once a Chinese is on top of an organization or industry he or she tends to stifle innovation from below and suppress innovation from outside. Followers (usually also Chinese) are promoted instead. Traditional practices of the boss become the rule. Everything becomes fossilized and the organization goes downhill, unable to compete, and the boss is blind as to the reason why.

This pattern applies to politics, businesses, civil and military bureaucracy, and academia.

Many small innovations take place in factories across China by the owners who make the process more efficient, OEM contract manufacturers create new processes to create the same product hence increasing competitiveness (Original manufacture process was foreign). This is also a form of innovation, unfortunately most forum users are too jaded by online articles and CNN that they have not walked thru a factory floor or spoken to the owners to understand this.

China also has a history of using foreigners when they prove their skills (Jesuit China missions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), many company owners also hire German engineers when they take their product overseas.

But I'm absolutely sure it won't last long. Probably less than two decades, maybe not even one. The reasons are cultural: once a Chinese is on top of an organization or industry he or she tends to stifle innovation from below and suppress innovation from outside.

Lets not be too quick to judge. the forefront of US financial innovators did say they were too big too fail, where are they now?

About as much chinese propaganda as you'd like to fling around. And thank you china for firecrackers and ramen noodles. There, I said it.
Ramen noodles are a Japanese invention - probably the greatest non-mechanical Japanese invention of the twentieth century. Note that the inventor was born Taiwanese-Chinese but as the island of Formosa was a Japanese colony at the time he was educated as a Japanese and chose to migrate to Japan itself after WWII: link1, link2

Ramen noodles are a Japanese invention - probably the greatest non-mechanical Japanese invention of the twentieth century. Note that the inventor was born Taiwanese-Chinese but as the island of Formosa was a Japanese colony at the time he was educated as a Japanese and chose to migrate to Japan itself after WWII: link1, link2

Yes, a chinese-style noodle of Japanese origin. I looked it up on Wiki, too. Hey, thanks anyway, china !!:china:

Many small innovations take place in factories across China by the owners who make the process more efficient, OEM contract manufacturers create new processes to create the same product hence increasing competitiveness (Original manufacture process was foreign). This is also a form of innovation, unfortunately most forum users are too jaded by online articles and CNN that they have not walked thru a factory floor or spoken to the owners to understand this.
These are important forms of innovation that people like me, stuck in the West, don't perceive save through productivity statistics. Yet it still fits with Ricardian analysis of China's current competitive advantage.

These are important forms of innovation that people like me, stuck in the West, don't perceive save through productivity statistics. Yet it still fits with Ricardian analysis of China's current competitive advantage.

To be honest I am no academic so I have no idea about Ricardian analysis, with some time I will Google it up later. Thanks

To be fair I myself wasn't aware of such innovations until a friend who runs OEM contract firms for a local Singapore company mentioned it, he comes to contact with the owners of large OEM contract firms in China (they are not competitors) and they are quite open about their process improvements (which not a lot of people would get the chance to know about). Strange thing is the owners themselves do not see this as an innovation, they were just wondering why were they making products in such a roundabout way.

There are others as well involving hiring university research grads to understand and create materials etc to help new product lines. It was an interesting conversation.

Will you 'copy' the way I did that, too ?:china:

are you incapable of reading the sources from PCT, WIPO, and Thomson Reuters post on this thread? dont tell me there are Chinese 'propaganda'`lol``if so you are not just being stupid but kind of clueless like some indians here..

and please quote properly

I'll tell you what DOES amaze me about china/hong kong. I ordered a dongle (female usb to male mini usb 3"cable) for my Google Nexus 7 from a place in hong kong. It cost $0.78 with free shipping to Pennsylvania. How the F can they do that ? Shipping alone has got to cost more than $0.78 !!!:what:

... the sources from PCT, WIPO, and Thomson Reuters post on this thread?...

And Bloomberg and everyone else says china steals. You can look up tons of article from Reuters that say so. Do you believe those too ? Or only the 'good' articles ?

I'll tell you what DOES amaze me about china/hong kong. I ordered a dongle (female usb to male mini usb 3"cable) for my Google Nexus 7 from a place in hong kong. It cost $0.78 with free shipping to Pennsylvania. How the F can they do that ? Shipping alone has got to cost more than $0.78 !!!:what:

And Bloomberg and everyone else says china steals. So ?

kid, i worked in Bloomberg for a bit when back in London, it is a professional stock/business/financial data processing organization, but we are talking about innovation and patents, do you really think they have more clue of what PCT, WIPO and Thomson Reuters' annual patent statistic say regarding this field``?

if you want to show your ludicrous stereotype, at least try professional a bit

And Bloomberg and everyone else says china steals. You can look up tons of article from Reuters that say so. Do you believe those too ? Or only the 'good' articles ?

and which country do not steal techs from others? U.S is the grand masters in this field``dont you think all those american special agents and spies going to other countries for holiday?

You don't think china's thievery has helped it out a 'bit' with all that 'innovating' ?:china:

At the end of the day companies that want to profit off China play by China's rules.

When apple product run into shortage in the US consumers whine about it, no one cares how many Chinese workers work in pressurized environments or get hit by toxic fumes at that time. All they care about it when they can't they get their iphones quicker and why the queues are so long or why the apple store keeps saying out of stock.

Chinese workers suffer trying to earn money from American consumers vs American companies burnt by imitations when they profit from China, quid pro quo.

Some of us are just more realistic, wanna earn my money play by my rules. Ain't happy then well pack up and go home

We are proud of our achievements. When Indians attack it (when Indians are no where near us), we fight back. We have been under embargo for years in military tech, civilian tech and we still work hard to achieve success. Just look at the article I posted about China developing 22nm transistors. The west tried to keep us ATLEAST 2 generations behind, but we are very close to them.
Indians can't do these things and yet laugh at us. Of all people, Indians should be last to laugh at us considering how behind India is. Beijingwalker has done a superb job in showing our achievements to jealous Indians.

Give India the money and we willl create anything ....trust me.....it is the only reason that stops us. The reason why the west is generations ahead of everyone is due to the Indian And Chinese scientists. But China is able to harness the knowledge from its scientists in the West.

You don't think china's thievery has helped it out a 'bit' with all that 'innovating' ?:china:

so far`` not as much as the american thievery had helped U.S to be the innovation leader for last 100 years```once we are at the top then we can turn back to stereotype you lot

Back
Top Bottom