What's new

China to launch Pakistani communications satellite on August 14, 2011

Congratulations pakistan!:cheers:

here is the PAKSAT 1R map coverage in both bands:
C-Band:
paksat1r-cband.jpg

Ku Band
paksat1r-kuband.jpg

the satellite have reached its orbit and the mission was a success.
first Pakistani indigenous communication satellite launched successfully:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-mi...llite-paksat-1r-lauched-august-11-2011-a.html

regards!

Launched today on 12th August, 2011

yes, its confirmed and every where on net now:
index.php

SLAMABAD: Pakistan’s first Communications Satellite PAKSAT-1R, as a part of Pakistan’s Space Programme 2040, was launched on Thursday at 2117 hrs on board China’s Satellite Launch Vehicle from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre.

Besides others, launch was witnessed by Secretary Defence Lt Gen Syed Athar Ali (R), Secretary Foreign Affairs, Salman Bashir, Director General, Strategic Plans Division Lt Gen Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) and Ambassador of Pakistan to China, Muhammad Masood Khan, said a press release issued here.

PAKSAT-1R has a total of 30 transponders, 12 in C-band and 18 in Ku-band.

The satellite will be deployed at 380E in the Geo-stationary orbit and it will replace the existing satellite PAKSAT-1.
Pakistan’s first Communications Satellite PAKSAT-1R launched | Sci-tech | DAWN.COM

here in Pakistan it is 11 August and China it is 12 August!

No...it is not a remote sensing satellite,though SUPARCO is making one...
SUPARCO cannot develop such satellites by itself. Chinese assistance and expertise is making it possible.

If we will get an SLV, it will be also through Chinese assistance and expertise.

China deserves massive credit for enabling us to meet lots of challenges.

It is high time that our government start giving importance to field of education and expand its funding. But expecting this from a bunch of illiterates and frauds is too much.

We will become strong when we will have true indigenous capabilities for scientific works. That would be the day when I would be truly proud of Pakistan, if it happens.

SUPARCO cannot develop such satellites by itself. Chinese assistance and expertise is making it possible.

If we will get an SLV, it will be also through Chinese assistance and expertise.

It is high time that our government start giving importance to field of education and expand its funding. But expecting this from a bunch of illiterates and frauds is too much.

We will become strong when we will have true indigenous capabilities for scientific works. That would be the day when I would be truly proud of Pakistan, if it happens.

thank Nabil, your link said it all and have answered the abpve question.
however, i would like to add that the RSSS and the SLV development is in full swing.
we may well see the launch of RSSS by end of 2011.
here is a useful article i would like to share with you people.

Pakistan’s Space Agency
Pakistan will launch its first indigenously developed communications satellite on August 14, 2011, from a facility in China.Speaking to Dawn, Dr Mohammad Riaz Suddle, the director of the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission’s (Suparco) satellite research and development centre in Lahore, said the satellite’s life span will be 15 years.Responding to a question, Dr Suddle said the satellite would be launched at a longitude of 38 degrees in geostationary orbit on the equatorial plane at an altitude of 36,000km above the Earth’s surface.

Paksat-1R will carry a communications payload to facilitate the introduction of a range of new services, including broadband internet, digital TV distribution/broadcasting, remote/rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine.

The contract for Pakis- tan Communication Satellite (Paksat-1R) was signed between Suparco and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC), a Chinese firm, on October 15, 2008, in Beijing, during President Asif Zardari’s visit to China.

Work on the execution of the contract began soon after, and is progressing as scheduled, according to Dr Suddle. He did not reveal the cost of the project, but said the contract involves various other projects, including infrastructure, and therefore it is difficult to put an exact cost on the satellite itself.

Responding to a question, he said that at least two new satellites – Paksat-1R and Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) – would be launched in the near future.

The satellites have been developed with technical and financial assistance from China.

The project has been approved by the federal government as part of the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP), he said.

When quizzed on where the finances for the project were coming from, Dr Suddle said that efforts are under way to secure a long-term concessional loan from the Chinese government to finance a major part of the project. Dawn

Pakistan has use a variant of the Shaheen II as a SLV which is an intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM)

regards!

however, i would like to add that the RSSS and the SLV development is in full swing.

Pakistan’s Space Agency
Pakistan will launch its first indigenously developed communications satellite on August 14, 2011, from a facility in China.Speaking to Dawn, Dr Mohammad Riaz Suddle, the director of the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission’s (Suparco) satellite research and development centre in Lahore, said the satellite’s life span will be 15 years.Responding to a question, Dr Suddle said the satellite would be launched at a longitude of 38 degrees in geostationary orbit on the equatorial plane at an altitude of 36,000km above the Earth’s surface.

Paksat-1R will carry a communications payload to facilitate the introduction of a range of new services, including broadband internet, digital TV distribution/broadcasting, remote/rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine.

The contract for Pakis- tan Communication Satellite (Paksat-1R) was signed between Suparco and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC), a Chinese firm, on October 15, 2008, in Beijing, during President Asif Zardari’s visit to China.

Work on the execution of the contract began soon after, and is progressing as scheduled, according to Dr Suddle. He did not reveal the cost of the project, but said the contract involves various other projects, including infrastructure, and therefore it is difficult to put an exact cost on the satellite itself.

Responding to a question, he said that at least two new satellites – Paksat-1R and Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) – would be launched in the near future.

The satellites have been developed with technical and financial assistance from China.

The project has been approved by the federal government as part of the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP), he said.

When quizzed on where the finances for the project were coming from, Dr Suddle said that efforts are under way to secure a long-term concessional loan from the Chinese government to finance a major part of the project. Dawn

Pakistan has use a variant of the Shaheen II as a SLV which is an intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM)

regards!

No. His link does not discredits my point.

We develop some parts of the satellite but not the whole thing. The truth is lot more different then what is promoted in the media.

Think about this for a moment; In Pakistan, government funding for education and research areas is extremely low. How can you expect miracles with such limited means?

regards!

Leave every thing aside please tell me how many parts of satellite you made in Pakistan ???????

No. His link does not discredits my point.

We develop some parts of the satellite but not the whole thing. The truth is lot more different then what is promoted in the media.

Think about this for a moment; In Pakistan, government funding for education and research areas is extremely low. How can you expect miracles with such limited means?

You are absolutey right...SUPARCO can never do this on its own...even our Missile program is at this stage,only because of Chinese help.

regards!

Yes,hopefully RSSS will be launched within 2011.

However,the article incorrectly mentions Shaheen-II as a potential SLV...a clear comparison :

PakSat-1R had a weight of above 5000 kg...now,the Shaheen-II has a payload capacity of 1000 kg (the whole re-entry vehicle)...so it fill be safe to assume that even the proposed Shaheen-III can't do the job...

That is why a new SLV is being designed,having a conventional look...it may incorporate Rocket Motors of proposed Shaheen-III...

so chinese made the whole movie???so chinese deserves credits...
congrats to china for launching other satellite in space

so chinese made the whole movie???so chinese deserves credits...
congrats to china for launching other satellite in space

No,not the whole thing....you can consider PakSat-1R to be a joint-venture b/w Pakistan and China...

It is our first step in this field....just like JFT was...

No,not the whole thing....you can consider PakSat-1R to be a joint-venture b/w Pakistan and China...

It is our first step in this field....just like JFT was...

Not Really.

Pakistan Has Actually Purchased the Satellite with perhaps an active participation in the construction to get a know how of Satellite Manufacture.

Back
Top Bottom