What's new

China to Sign MoU on BD- China Road Link via Burma

What stuff have been smoking bro? PLA's sneak attack to India through Myanmar and BD! :what:
He was pointing on how Indian 'Cold start' doctrine would be countered by even colder one.

中国万岁-ProsperThroughCo-op;1109865 said:
Why doesn't China build/finance a deep water port with road connection in Myanmar as well?

Surely there must be one place along Myanmar's coast where it is deep enough? If I am not mistaken, sino-burmese relations are good?

Yes they already did in Sittwae but the port is very small and investing not more than 200 mln. India also did a useless project like that in Myanmar.

In BD we are talking about 10 bln dollar port connecting India, China, BD, Nepal, Bhutan.

Good news!

This project will surely open a new page of cooperation among Asian countries. It will allow any willing friends adjacent to the line to join China wagon of peaceful development.

Hope BD and Burma will forever get over their differences, if there is any, to facilitate the project. After all, they don’t possess imperialist mentality (as some other former colonist victime) and are actual stakeholders of the project.

Good news!

This project will surely open a new page of cooperation among Asian countries. It will allow any willing friends adjacent to the line to join China wagon of peaceful development.

Hope BD and Burma will forever get over their differences, if there is any, to facilitate the project. After all, they don’t possess imperialist mentality (as some other former colonist victime) and are actual stakeholders of the project.

Only issue Bangladesh has with Burma is Rohinga push-ins and derivatives arising out of it. This issue is not somthing that can't be worked on.

Last edited:
Onlu issue Bangladesh has with Burma is Rohinga push-ins and derivetives arising out of it. This issue is not somthing that can't be worked on.
Then why don't you guys just seal off the borders rather than invite more economic burden? I mean you guys are just as packed as we are in terms of dense population and are even denser than us; then why accept more people?

Earlier there were a few reports about tensions mounting between you and the Burmese troops.

Some poor people think Myanmar as enemy. I'm not agree with them. While those macho men have nothing to show then they threat Myanmar as enemy.

The BD-China road link solely depends upon the goodwill of Burma. So, it is important to know the mind of Burma. BD is eager to mend its relationship with that country, but the ball lies with Burma. BD team will soon visit Burma to talk about many issues. I hope, when we do not see them as enemy, they also should not see us as their enemy.

Then why don't you guys just seal off the borders rather than invite more economic burden? I mean you guys are just as packed as we are in terms of dense population and are even denser than us; then why accept more people?

Earlier there were a few reports about tensions mounting between you and the Burmese troops.

I dont support sealing off the border and let our people die in the hand of Junta. Even though these people are burmese citizen but ethnically they are bengalis. They dont have any other place but to look upon us.

The first thing burma needs is democracy without that they'll just be puppets.

BD cannot seal off its border with Burma. rather it is planning to build hydro power stations in Burma and import electricity.

The first thing burma needs is democracy without that they'll just be puppets.

I guess it's ok to worry about Burma being puppets of some other force yet I am sorry to inform you that Bd is also running by puppets, stoge and slave of Bharat. :tdown:

I guess it's ok to worry about Burma being puppets of some other force yet I am sorry to inform you that Bd is also running by puppets, stoge and slave of Bharat. :tdown:

I get the point but when theres democracy people can thow away their leader in due time, that way they atleast have some responsibility.
While junta only thinks 'bout themselves.
Anyway China has the power to do anything so may be they can force the burmese.

中国万岁-ProsperThroughCo-op;1109865 said:
Why doesn't China build/finance a deep water port with road connection in Myanmar as well?

Surely there must be one place along Myanmar's coast where it is deep enough? If I am not mistaken, sino-burmese relations are good?

I would like to add more to the answer given by Iajdani. Just to build a deep sea port is not enough. A country needs experienced people and organizations to operate any port. A deep sea port with million tons of cargoes every now and then requires all these and many others.

I think, Burma cannot fullfil any of these criteria above. You may ask about our own capablity. You know what our Sub-continent people are when it is efficiency. But, BD has long experience on how to handle port matters. The port officials, specially those of CTG port, have become quite efficient because this port alone handles about $3.0 billion worth of export and import every month.

It may be nothing comparing to what an Indian seaport has to go through. But, please note that there was a time only ten years ago when even our YEARLY export/import volume was less than $3.0 billion. I believe, our port officials are quite efficient now. Before a new port is established, the present officials will certainly train the new ones.

The Chinese are aware of our capability. They know well that they can depend upon us. This is why they are coming forward with regard to the new CTG deep sea port.

Back
Top Bottom