What's new

China to supply FC-1/JF-17 fighters to Azerbaijan

ark80

New Recruit

Reaction score
:tup:China intends to supply FC-1 multipurpose fighters to Azerbaijan, Izvestia daily reads Nov.19 referring to the information that design was made with the assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation “MiG”.

According to the source, the contract for FC-1 production was signed by Rosoboronexport with the approval of Russian Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC). Zimbabwe is also among the potential buyers, whereas Beijing intends to launch a serial manufacturing of the fighters in Pakistan.

Azeri Military Expert Uzeir Jafarov confirmed the information and added, “As far as I know, negotiations were held and our country intends to buy the hardware from China. Thus, I deem our defense ministry plans to purchase the equipment from the PRC.”

Meanwhile, the expert was puzzled with potential possibility of Chinese equipment purchase – which he considers is not widely used. As per Chinese and Pakistani experts, up to 800 fighters might be sold. FSMTC seems to be comfortable about it, intending to supply China with 100 engines for FC-1, Izvestia says.

Rouslan Pukhov, Russian defense analyst and director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, declared that without Russian engines there cannot be any major export of Chinese fighters. “It’s another matter that China might act in its own way. They can sign a contract with us assuring the engines are intended for them, however resell them further, thus causing a direct damage to us,” Pukhov underlined.

:yahoo:

Well JF 17 was pakistan's plan...right..?then why not these ppl buy from us...?

the engines problem still takes on china??? though the production line has been transfer to pak, china still need to acquire engine from greedy polar bear??? so in this case china has become the middleman for the perfect completion of pak manufactured fighter....

the engines problem still takes on china??? though the production line has been transfer to pak, china still need to acquire engine from greedy polar bear??? so in this case china has become the middleman for the perfect completion of pak manufactured fighter....

in a word,the first 50 jf17s will use RD-93s

PAC and CAC will spend 2 years :coffee:

the PAF was not fully satisfied with the Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine and it would only power the first batch of 50 aircraft. It was reported that a deal for a new engine, believed to be the Snecma M53-P2, could appear during the exhibition.[61]

china is more focusing o J-10s and shifting jf-17 production to pakistan. while remain 50 50 % pantner in sales to ther countries. PAF ia also looking for alternates and its not final F-16,Mirages and other AC gone through changes from redesign to upgrade in avionics and other packages. Above all its what both did in short time period is really showed there dedication. Our reliance on westren countries minimal As time pass.

the PAF was not fully satisfied with the Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine and it would only power the first batch of 50 aircraft. It was reported that a deal for a new engine, believed to be the Snecma M53-P2, could appear during the exhibition.[61]

It is not easy task my dear you are talking 2 different kind of engine look at the weight, Diameter and length it is totally different
M53-P2
Length: 5,070 mm (199.60 in)
Diameter: 796 mm (31.33 in) inlet
Dry weight: 1,515 kg (3,340 lb)
D.T. = 64 KN
A/B = 95 KN

RD-93 export ver. of RD-33
Length: 4,229 mm (166.50 in)
Diameter: 1,000 mm ( 39.37 in)
Dry weight: 1,055 kg (2,326 lb)
D.T. =50 KN
A/B = 82 KN

Well JF 17 was pakistan's plan...right..?then why not these ppl buy from us...?

Well it does not matters if hey purchase from China or Pakistan as Pakistan will get a % income from sale of craft to any buyer - :coffee:

It makes complete sense to have production facilities in Pakistan ,
as we could have 3-5 factories simultaneously making crafts for local army usage and for sale to forign companies

Perhpas 20,000-30,000 engineering positions will open for engineers in aeronatical research and development sector due to it and its a great idea

How many jets do they get may be 50-100to fill their airforce and its twin seat trainer also be used as AJT.I think that the IRIAF whose fleet is declining since 1990s would go for 200+ JF-17's along wit trainer and may be 100-150 J-10B's as they won't be getting any thing from russia as i heared the news onT.V that they refuse to sell AIR DEFENCE system to IRAN by the what kind of Air defence system they want.Similarly Bangladesh might want 100-150+ and sirlanka would need 100 to full its air force . It might be the cost and tech tat tose countries would buy it $25-30 million per piece.
POtential in Middle -East in Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Oman,Egypt,Lybia, Algeria,South Africa, Sudan. N can u telll me what would be the nos. for those countries.

How many jets do they get may be 50-100to fill their airforce and its twin seat trainer also be used as AJT.I think that the IRIAF whose fleet is declining since 1990s would go for 200+ JF-17's along wit trainer and may be 100-150 J-10B's as they won't be getting any thing from russia as i heared the news onT.V that they refuse to sell AIR DEFENCE system to IRAN by the what kind of Air defence system they want.Similarly Bangladesh might want 100-150+ and sirlanka would need 100 to full its air force . It might be the cost and tech tat tose countries would buy it $25-30 million per piece.
POtential in Middle -East in Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Oman,Egypt,Lybia, Algeria,South Africa, Sudan. N can u telll me what would be the nos. for those countries.

in a word,the first 50 jf17s will use RD-93s

PAC and CAC will spend 2 years :coffee:

wangrong , dont worry about , kidos playing piano in PDF !:lol:

Its a 50 % partnership between both manufactures thus if the Thunder for export orders would be MADE IN PAKISTAN it must give expertise to PAC to creat neccessary skills and pave ground for another joint advanture between :china: and :pakistan: for maybe 5th gen fighter..

I guess it is a great deal , Pakistan must be looking for customers too , and if Thunder is sold in sheer numbers that would be a Milestone in SinoIndus friendship:tup:

because Pakistan has to make planes for it self and no place for export and the production is full in JF 17 because of vast Pakistan order

Thanks unicorn for kind info!:tup:

Pakistan has a order of 150 initial Thunders , it is highly likely it can rise to 300 , PAF is considering to get about 150 J-10B's their production can come into PAK too maybe.

so as you said for domestic production a facility is set up and it has no potential for serving export orders .
As per article , a new facility is needed if Paksitan is going to build these jets for export , and it ultimately means more experiance in aviation industry.

Pakistan is expecting orders from about 10-12 middle eastern and african countries so you might see another aircraft menufecturing facility would be setup in Pak:pakistan:

Regards:

Back
Top Bottom