What's new

China wins Afghanistan oil deal

The iron ore project, & utilizing the Chabahar port depends on many factors, the main one being the internal security situation in both Afghanistan & Iran. The Chabahar port is located in Iran's Sistan Balochistan province, which is rife with insurgency & terrorism violence.

SB is far more stable than Pak Balochistan. And Iranians have shown themselves more effective at handling insurgencies than Pak.

The road network passes through Nimroz, a huge Taliban stronghold.

Paying off the Taliban isn't difficult. Anyone passing through Afghanistan for millenia have been doing it and it will not be something new.

Secondly, you need cooperation from Iran at all moments, & I am not sure that will happen with India's growing alliance with the US.

India's stand on Iran Nuclear program positive: Velayati

Unlike Pakistan our diplomacy is quite matured/cunning to make enemies out of anyone.

Thirdly, in terms of logistics, the infrastructure inside Afghanistan is not feasible for India's plans.

Why not..? Or if it's just your opinion don't bother.

Fourth: the capacity of the Chabahar port is too small.

As of now.

..doomed to fail

So wishes a Pakistani.:azn:

Hammer blow to no one.

Indians are digging up the iron ore and Chinese are emptying up the oil fields with the Afghans raking in the moolah from both.

And this is what will happen from now on. I'm not surprised that the Pakistanis are so short sighted and unable to see the big picture.

Short sighted? Pick up a map and take a look at where their major transportation routes go through.

Iran .. For India that is :)

Oh that must be the Chah Bahar port. A very risky investment with the increasing isolation Iran faces over its nuclear program and with sanctions mounting daily. The Iranians issued a direct threat stating they will block the trait of Hormuz in reply to impending US sanctions, which as the potential to spark conflict in the region.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your Chah Bahar party.....

By the way my reply was in reference to China, concerning my original post.

Short sighted? Pick up a map and take a look at where their major transportation routes go through.

By short sighted I meant a Pakistani cheering on Chinese win when they Indians were already there on a much bigger investment digging up iron ore.

Both India and China will take care of the minerals in Afghanistan,Afghans get the money and Pakistanis can continue cheering the Chinese.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Oh that must be the Chah Bahar port. A very risky investment with the increasing isolation Iran faces over its nuclear program and with sanctions mounting daily. The Iranians issued a direct threat stating they will block the trait of Hormuz in reply to impending US sanctions, which as the potential to spark conflict in the region.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your Chah Bahar party.....
Did you forget Iran getting sanctions in the IP pipeline ? :)

By short sighted I meant a Pakistani cheering on Chinese win when they Indians were already there on a much bigger investment digging up iron ore.

Both India and China will take care of the minerals in Afghanistan and Pakistanis can continue cheering the Chinese.

They won't be just cheering, they will be cheering and transporting, you might want to fix you post now.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Did you forget Iran getting sanctions in the IP pipeline ? :)

Of course that is risky, but you might want to tell that to your countrymen who seems to be throwing the chah Bahar party without paying attention to what is exactly happening in the region.

These investments will be great for post 2014 Afghanistan, we have $150 bln worth of oil only in 6 discovered basins. Inshallah we will reach $50 bln + mine investments before 2014 currently it's between 20 to 22 bln$. The next is an extensive bid for 4 copper and 3 gold mines in March 2012!

So Pakistan is supporting the Karzai government?

LOL! That was too honest a question for any person who argues for the sake of arguing to answer. No content, just a broken record.

At topic - this conclusively proves that the karzai regime is looking out for the afghans and is no pet of USA. Well done Afghanistan, we are with you in your quest for a stable afghanistan that is independent :tup:

They won't be just cheering, they will be cheering and transporting, you might want to fix you post now.

If security conditions in Pakistan improve :)

Of course that is risky, but you might want to tell that to your countrymen who seems to be throwing the chah Bahar party without paying attention to what is exactly happening in the region.

Unlike Pakistan ,US at best has limited influence on India & that is diminishing by the day as our economy grows. They tried their best, but really could not stop India from paying the Iranians..rite ? So both are different. :)

They already have dear boy and the US is asking repeatedly to resume supplies. Haulage, in Pakistan, is big business.

Unlike Pakistan ,US at best has limited influence on India & that is diminishing by the day as our economy grows. They tried their best, but really could no stop India from paying the Iranians..rite ? So both are different. :)

The US has a major impact upon international markets, which impacts everyone. It's not just the US but also Europe, other US allies and the Russians and Chinese haven't been that eager to take Iran's side. I don't know what you mean by the US has "tried its best", it hasn't tried anything apart from a few words, regarding ties with Iran.

Could you also please stop using animated faces to make your point? Surely you do have enough confidence in your ability to put together coherent arguments without the need to use smiley faces? Kindergarden kids often do that.

These investments will be great for post 2014 Afghanistan, we have $150 bln worth of oil only in 6 discovered basins. Inshallah we will reach $50 bln + mine investments before 2014 currently it's between 20 to 22 bln$. The next is an extensive bid for 4 copper and 3 gold mines in March 2012!

Good news, but control is key as is the development of the Afghan people. Having corrupt politicians, warlords etc sell off Afghanistan's riches to corporations and where the people see nothing isn't the best of situations.

China can use Pakistani route and India plus Russia can use Iranian route - win win for all.
China can use Pakistani route right away but Iranian route is under sanction or cloud of war so India be a good neighbor and share the profit stop anti Pakistani propaganda , you need Pakistan and your horse Zardari is losing, talk to true power in Pakistan :whistle: .

Good news, but control is key as is the development of the Afghan people. Having corrupt politicians, warlords etc sell off Afghanistan's riches to corporations and where the people see nothing isn't the best of situations.

Yeah fortunately a very protective and independent panel and account is created for mines income which will strict any misuse of this national income.

There are nations in Africa, rich with diamonds (blood diamonds) and oil (Niagara) but wealth is in the hand of warlords or top 1% corrupt rulers, I hope Afghanistan be different

CNN Wolfs Blitzer asks Michele Bachmann that what do you think When US is spending 2 billion a week in Afghanistan and still they gave the contract to Chinese company and I think she said "China is very active in middle east" :lol::lol::lol: US republican presidential candidate even don't know that Afghanistan is not middle east :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom