What's new

China's aircraft fleet to triple by 2030

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

China's aircraft fleet will more than triple in size by 2030, as a result of the country's fast economic growth, growing trade activity and increasing personal wealth, China Daily reported Thursday.

China will need 5,000 new commercial airplanes worth at $600 billion over the next 20 years, the English newspaper said, citing a report released Wednesday by the US aircraft manufacturer Boeing.

The company made the forecast after taking all factors affecting aviation into consideration, including high-speed railways, the newspaper quoted Tinseth, vice president of marketing at Boeing Commercial Airplanes, as saying.

Tinseth said high-speed rails will affect about 2 percent of China's domestic revenue passenger kilometers and it may also boost the country's economic development, which will benefit aviation.

Airplanes are expected to increase to 3,550 in the next 20 years, due to fast development of the domestic market, Boeing said.

Air passenger travel increased 16.1 percent year-on-year in 2010 and the average annual growth was 14.1 percent during the 11th Five-Year Plan period (2006-2010), according to data from the Civil Aviation Administration of China.

19 years is a very long time and with the way China's economy is growing, anything can happen.

20 year is very long time. but China will surely able to triple aircraft fleet. we will also be able to triple.

by 2030 india will be buying planes from chinese companies.

infact india might start buying the COMAC 919 from china by 2020.

india couldnt hold china's jockstrap.

while indians try to catch upto china, china is too busy catching upto the US.
thats why chinese people and media concentrate and talk about the US while ignoring india while indians and indian media talk about how they can be as good as china.

shows india is not even in china's league.

china is without a shadow of a doubt the vastly superior nation.

i feel sorry for india, a tiny bit, as hard as they try, no one cares or talks about them, neither china nor the west.

I wonder when somebody will realize how stupid it is to bring in Military aircraft as a measuring contest against a commercial aviation growth news.

by 2030 india will be buying planes from chinese companies.

infact india might start buying the COMAC 919 from china by 2020.

india couldnt hold china's jockstrap.

thats why chinese people and media concentrate and talk about the US while ignoring india while indians and indian media talk about how they can be as good as china.

china is without a shadow of a doubt the vastly superior nation.

i feel sorry for india, a tiny bit, as hard as they try, no one cares or talks about them, neither china nor the west.

What rubbish. There are 10 times better Planes from Boeing and Airbus. Why we will buy cheap items to take so much or risk of travellers ? We will see in 2030, Still 19 years to go. Things changes in few years and you talking of 19 years. China is yet not in league of US and Europe and assuming too many things in 2030. Day-Dreaming is not good. :smokin:

Sorry, earlier i thought Aircraft fighter and not commercial. My bad !! :angel:

What rubbish. There are 10 times better Planes from Boeing and Airbus. Why we will buy cheap items to take so much or risk of travellers ? We will see in 2030, Still 19 years to go. Things changes in few years and you talking of 19 years. China is yet not in league of US and Europe and assuming too many things in 2030. Day-Dreaming is not good. :smokin:

Sorry, earlier i thought Aircraft fighter and not commercial. My bad !! :angel:

If you don't buy Chinese commercial aircraft in the future, they will not allow your airlines to fly to China's destinations ;)

lol``more deleted posts than posted```

19 years is long way to go, triple the commercial fleet means triple the oil consumption in aviation alone``how long the arabas can last to supply fussil feul, we need to find more enviromentally friendly and sustainable energy sources asap`!

So, what exactly do you mean to say?

That, China is not even in USA's league?

Or that,

If India wants to be in "China's league", then it should not try to catch up with China, but instead be "too busy" catching upto the US?

or both

or none.

Back
Top Bottom