What's new

China's J-20 stealth fighter: 'design is 25 years old'

It is probably old, and that is how long it probably takes to build a fighter like this. How long did it take for the F-22 to be ready? That is considering that the U.S. Aviation is far ahead and has the funds to do so.

Are you also playing a game called Legions:Overdrive?

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

China and it's tech!
:hitwall:

If you are gonna talk about video games then I would bring up Homefront.

In the videogame world even the North Koreans can have kick *** technologies so I guess video games are an accurate representation of real life?

since indians for some reason think that pakistan was lost they need to enhance their pride - so they say we are cleverer - but when the chinese are atleast half a century ahead indians dont know where to go, i believe the new line is we are democratic.

:lol: ohh no it's too old! forget this project China, i suggest you move on to a more futuristic design......

uss_enterprise.jpg

all jokes aside, this design was made to be stealthy as long as it can do that, it's good!

what state of the art fighter jet has been produced by India?....I mean only two i know of are 1) MKI assembly and subsequent manufacturing under License from SDB 2) LCA (we all know so no comments....)

I don't want to make anyone upset, just to set a few things as straight as I know them to be.

1) People protest to anyone that suggests the J-20 is a copy of the MiG 1.42/1.44 project.
The reality is , that unfortunately it must be. the fact that one is meant to be a stealth plane and the other wasn't doesn't change anything.

and to explain further. MiG designed an airframe. They obviously did a very good job aerodynamically wise. Someone somewhere in china after careful consideration and NOT wanting to re-invent the wheel, decided that the same airframe design, with stealth considerations would be what would provide the maximum benefit. Simple
oh and don't go about talking about the air-intakes, I could copy the same airframe and make it fly with propellers!! the airframe principle design would still hold true.

2) yes the J-10 is comparable (although inferior) to F16s and MiG 29s. It is however impressive that it exists. And most F16s will be with us for at least another 30 years. So that doesn't take anything away from the bravo for making it.

3) Yes china has still a tremendous problem reverse engineering Russian designs. But that is to be expected. I am an engineer. It is 10x more difficult to reverse engineer anything than design it from scratch. there are so many unknowns .. from the tolerance of simple bolts, to the way something was moulded and forged to withstand pressures, stresses etc.

4) How long it takes for the J20 to enter service? The amount of time it will take the engineers to decide it is ready 2 fulfil its mission.

:coffee:

Last edited:
We should be prepared for this sort of BS coming from countries who are totally p!ssed off by the look of J-20 , somewhere deep in their spine it has sent some cold shivers.

Just for the record:

WWII Era Nazi Horten:

3942_Hitlers_Stealth_Fighter-08_10240768.jpg

USAF B-2 Spirit Introduced in 1997

B-2.jpg

Hortens were captured by US soldiers in WW-II and brought to US which revealed the secrets of true flying wing designs to US and later experiments were carried out on this design which ultimately become what we know as B-2 Spirit.

So based on the logic of this article when B-2 came out it was half a century old design already .

Regards:

chest thumping and flag waving aside, this article fails to point out the long development cycles for high performance airplanes. sure, the design may be a few decades old, but that doesn't mean that the most 'recent' design is that old. this article negates the advances attempted to be made by an Asian nation.

This kind of stupid article did no harm but showing the author's low IQ.:bounce:

F-22's design is 100 years old, because it has wings and tires which planes in WWI also had.:devil:

A plane is designed by data collected including that of many times of wind tunnel tests, not some arbitrary drawing based on simliar shape of planes.:cry:

Last edited:
the article is based on few earlier leaked photograhs, they thought this plane has a huge delta wing like mig 1.44, an old design. now, we have new photos from top view and it doesn't to have the huge delta wing like those so-called experts guesstimate..it just shows how pathetic people jumping conclusion based on few photos..

7hmymax8.png

why india mention in this article? lol

I don't want to make anyone upset, just to set a few things as straight as I know them to be.

1) People protest to anyone that suggests the J-20 is a copy of the MiG 1.42/1.44 project.
The reality is , that unfortunately it must be. the fact that one is meant to be a stealth plane and the other wasn't doesn't change anything.

and to explain further. MiG designed an airframe. They obviously did a very good job aerodynamically wise. Someone somewhere in china after careful consideration and NOT wanting to re-invent the wheel, decided that the same airframe design, with stealth considerations would be what would provide the maximum benefit. Simple
oh and don't go about talking about the air-intakes, I could copy the same airframe and make it fly with propellers!! the airframe principle design would still hold true.

2) yes the J-10 is comparable (although inferior) to F16s and MiG 29s. It is however impressive that it exists. And most F16s will be with us for at least another 30 years. So that doesn't take anything away from the bravo for making it.

3) Yes china has still a tremendous problem reverse engineering Russian designs. But that is to be expected. I am an engineer. It is 10x more difficult to reverse engineer anything than design it from scratch. there are so many unknowns .. from the tolerance of simple bolts, to the way something was moulded and forged to withstand pressures, stresses etc.

4) How long it takes for the J20 to enter service? The amount of time it will take the engineers to decide it is ready 2 fulfil its mission.

Don't worry. I can tell you and those who are really concerned about it, j-20 is not copied from Mig1.42, it is just fake. The one that did the best job is the artist who PS the images online. Even the image is moving, don't believe your eyes, it is fake, forget it and leave China alone.

as long as its capable of doing what it was made for, then who cares. For me size does not matter as long as it does it job. Lol

Relax, this is to be expected; if we look at the history same was said about JF-17, J-10 and now J-20.
I think its hard for some to digest J-20 project on track

As an engineer, you should be aware that stating things must be backed with facts. F-16 and J-10 have comparable thrust, comparable mass, comparable wingspan, comparable wing loading (F-16 is slightly higher, reducing its subsonic maneuverability) and comparable service ceilings. The Mig-29 is a 2 engine plane and cannot be compared to 1 engine planes. There is no significant difference between the F-16 and J-10.

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As an engineer you must also realize to look for details, otherwise you will never be a successful engineer. Sometimes the tiniest change can have gigantic results. For example, a difference of 1% in carbon content of steel can turn aerospace grade material into something not worthy of a tea box.

Mikoyan Project 1.44 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you notice, the J-20 and the Mig 1.44 have completely different intakes, and the intake is one of the most important parts of an airplane and is subject to countless CFD studies with a supercomputer; changing the size of the intake even 1 cm could have disastrous consequences, so what does turning below fuselage, open intakes into a DSI side intake do to the equations?

a stupid article written by a stupid author "parveen". china jets to compete with india? what does india produce, oh right NOTHING. Their pilots are so incomptent that they have crahsed most of the jets in bharat inventory.

Yeah India is not even included in China's eyes. China is more concerned about balancing the combined air force of Japan, USAF in Japanese bases(they have F22s stationed close to China), South Korea, and Taiwan than the puny Indian Air Force.:woot:

Back
Top Bottom