What's new

China’s Mars rover feat took NASA decades

5G is just innovation nothing completely new since it's a continuation of something that already exist

Fam our culture is suppose to be innovative and progressive but just look at us now , we aren't even developed let alone in the forefront of science or innovation

We don't have s**t going at any level !
China did well in the weapon sector cause they were allocating resources for research at universities along with some help from CCCP. They did their work and they got results.

We need to have some research capabilities or we will end up like Middle East where they hire talents from all over the world to assemble defense products. I am aware that most engineer graduates from decent schools look to go abroad, even considering that its time to start investing in the future.

If China wasn't run by the CCP and was actually was able to given the freedom to invent and innovate again it probably would compete with the U.S much better and even get ahead if they wanted to.

Sadly China doesn't bring out original things anymore

that's the same 'democracy' and 'freedom' bullshit floating around for 30 years now, I used to believe some part of it 20 years ago :rofl:

CCP can not innovate, haha :rofl:

have patience man, just wait 10 years when China will be in front of everything

Hey Bangladeshis are bragging like yindoos now? Dude you are only talkative not innovative nor creative... What did your 'civilization' even invent? You are neither Hindu nor Arab. At least the Arabs could brag and the Hindus could too. Anyway don't talk so much, clean up your own shit and develop. That's the key, feed your people.

5G did not exist before Huawei set up the standards and specs okay mate and now we have 6G standdars on going, quantum tech exists before this? Light source and magnetic source all needed the invention of new technologies, this is not chapati machine innuvasioon ok

Dude you know what 5G is right ? It is just concentrated form of 4g.
Its an improvement of 4g, not exactly whole new technology, certainly not a paradigm shift.

To Mao the revolution had to be a permanent process, constantly kept alive through unending class struggle. Hidden enemies in the party and intellectual circles had to be identified and removed. Conceived of as a "revolution to touch people’s souls," the aim of the Cultural Revolution was to attack the Four Olds-- old ideas, old culture, old customs, and old habits--in order to bring the areas of education, art and literature in line with Communist ideology. Anything that was suspected of being feudal or bourgeois was to be destroyed.

One child policy destroyed what Mao didn't.

An entire generation grew up in China not knowing what is like to have a brother, sister, aunt, uncle, and cousins. These interaction help grow social skills needed in life.

Question is who decides what is feudal ? Reality is Mao failed terribly, like any other run of the mill strongman he refused to accept his own fault and blamed so called intellectuals ( folks who criticized Mao ) or any other informal power center within the CCP.

We had a wanna be Mao, he got taken care of by the people before he could do monstrous damages like what Mao did.

Unlike China we have at least a 2000 year old cultural tradition, it is not worth giving up for anything !

The old feudal customs held China back and made it weak. That's why China suffered. To become strong sometimes you have to change.

Mao led for 27 years. In 1949 China had average lifespan of 35, 15% literacy and couldn't even produce steel. The most advanced computing machine in China was the abacus.

In 1976 when Mao died China had nukes, satellites, computers, a complete military industrial complex, lifespan of 65 (higher than India in 2010) and 70% literacy rate.

Has there been a change so big in Bangladesh in all of history?

Bangladesh is weak and poor. You know that, I know that, no Bangladeshi denies it. So what are you gonna do about it? Talk about your glory back in 2000 BC like the Indians?

Even Vietnam is doing better than Bangladesh , culture plays a great role in development
Yes agree. Having been to both East Asia and South Asia, i can attest to that. Culture/tradition/society/way of life is very different between both regions. East Asians are more organised/discipline and collectively minded in nature and they also tend to respect/follow authority more, so i guess it makes government policies to be effectively/more efficiently followed. So in collectivistic cultures like East Asia, individuals are seen as embedded within their group identity, and the notion of a separate, autonomous self is often deemphasized. So i guess this helps in management/implementation of government policies/programs being carried out effectively.
By contrast South Asians seem to have the opposite traits and are far less organised/disciplined as a society. So the place is more chaotic and disorganised but they manage to just get on with things without much complains for some reason. I guess the people are used to it and it's not much a big deal anymore. So guess cultural differences plays a major role in our the society/people react vis a vis their environment/social status/government. This also explains the gap between both regions development wise i guess.

Yes agree. Having been to both East Asia and South Asia, i can attest to that. Culture/tradition/society/way of life is very different between both regions. East Asians are more organised/discipline and collectively minded in nature and they also tend to respect/follow authority more, so i guess it makes government policies to be effectively/more efficiently followed. So in collectivistic cultures like East Asia, individuals are seen as embedded within their group identity, and the notion of a separate, autonomous self is often deemphasized. So i guess this helps in management/implementation of government policies/programs being carried out effectively.
By contrast South Asians seem to have the opposite traits and are far less organised/disciplined as a society. So the place is more chaotic and disorganised but they manage to just get on with things without much complains for some reason. I guess the people are used to it and it's not much a big deal anymore. So guess cultural differences plays a major role in our the society/people react vis a vis their environment/social status/government. This also explains the gap between both regions development wise i guess.

That's Japan and Korea. Chinese are quite unorganized and unruly people in the absence of government.

Even Sun Yat-sen said that Chinese are masters of infighting and just a loose heap of sand.

Chinese became disciplined. It isn't in our nature.

The old feudal customs held China back and made it weak. That's why China suffered. To become strong sometimes you have to change.

Mao led for 27 years. In 1949 China had average lifespan of 35, 15% literacy and couldn't even produce steel. The most advanced computing machine in China was the abacus.

In 1976 when Mao died China had nukes, satellites, computers, a complete military industrial complex, lifespan of 65 (higher than India in 2010) and 70% literacy rate.

Has there been a change so big in Bangladesh in all of history?

Bangladesh is weak and poor. You know that, I know that, no Bangladeshi denies it. So what are you gonna do about it? Talk about your glory back in 2000 BC like the Indians?

The biggest threat to China is not USA, or the West, or for that matter QUAD or any combination of the aforementioned. Threat is China itself just like USSR. The current threat is fertility rate of 1.3 which is below the point of unrecoverable rate of 1.5. This conundrum is a creation of China, not forced by anyone else.

It took China 55 years to reach $2200 per capita GDP , we took a little less than that and certainly not at the cost of what China paid. China has a thing for power, shame, and respect. China achieved what it achieved at a very high cost of 20+ millions of lives, gutting it culture, and, family.

Yes an average BD person is still very poor. It is fact.
I hope in next 20 years BD can quadruple its GDP, that should be enough for an average person to have a decent life.

Wrong as usual, if you make a big deal about the American use of Russian RD180 then the below is actually more embarrassing for the Chinese.

Austrian Academy of Sciences contributed flight telemetry instruments and software for the rover landing. Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planétologie in France contributed a Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy instrument on the Tianwen 1 rover. CNES, provided guidance to their Chinese counterparts on the spectroscopy technique, which uses a laser to zap a pinhead-size portion of a rock, and a spectrometer to analyze the light given off by plasma generated by the laser’s interaction with the rock’s surface. The technique allows an instrument to determine the chemical make-up of rocks on Mars.
LOL such overdramatization over a little collaboration.

Meanhwile,

Austria contributed in main camera on the Nasa's mars rover, Mastcam-Z ,used for flight calibration.
Denmark's Niels Bohr Institute for Astronomy, Physics, and Geophysics provided the permanent magnet arrays for the Athena Payload on NASA’s rover
The optical and electronic elements at the top of its mast of the five instruments ,make up SuperCam,contributed by France.
Spain contributed in the Mars Environmental Dynamics Analyzer is known as MEDA. It makes weather measurements including wind speed and direction, temperature and humidity, and also measures the amount and size of dust particles in the Martian atmosphere.
The Radar Imager for Perseverance known as RIMFAX,is contributed by Norway.
NASA's sky crane tech used in rover landing was developed with Germany,France contribution.
Italy built the micro-reflector which gives an accurate location of the Rover Perseverance.The apparatus connects with the satellites that orbit around Mars.
Netherlands contributed in parachuting tech used in the rover for landing which involved slowing the 1,025-kg-spacecraft from 1,235 km/h to just 320 km/h. It did this within approximately two minutes.
Australia contributed on PIXL of the rover ;the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) have built software to fast process the data as it comes down from Mars.

These are just some of the key instruments;navigation and guidance also involves contribution by a plethora of nations.

Whatever contribution CNSA is getting is Peebles compared to that amassed by NASA.

Bangladesh should follow the South Korean model of development or adjust it for it's own development if it really wants to become a developed nation.

South Korea started poorer than East Pakistan aka Bangladesh I think but now look at them , but again Bangladeshis not only need a good leader but people in general need to be nationalistic.

Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea etc started off very poor in the beginning but became more developed due to it's people/culture

Even Vietnam is doing better than Bangladesh , culture plays a great role in development

Also replace Bangladeshi with Koreans,than maybe. Culture and genetics works hand in hand,culture is complementary of and the byproduct for character shown by a civilization's genetic traits. Like u can't expect an america pitbull terrier to have the temperament of a border collie.

Last edited:
Dude you know what 5G is right ? It is just concentrated form of 4g.
Its an improvement of 4g, not exactly whole new technology, certainly not a paradigm shift.
Hahaha the moment you spurt out shit like that, I know you know jackshit. Lol
The biggest threat to China is not USA, or the West, or for that matter QUAD or any combination of the aforementioned. Threat is China itself just like USSR. The current threat is fertility rate of 1.3 which is below the point of unrecoverable rate of 1.5. This conundrum is a creation of China, not forced by anyone else.

It took China 55 years to reach $2200 per capita GDP , we took a little less than that and certainly not at the cost of what China paid. China has a thing for power, shame, and respect. China achieved what it achieved at a very high cost of 20+ millions of lives, gutting it culture, and, family.

I hope in next 20 years BD can quadruple its GDP, that should be enough for an average person to have a decent life.
My friend have you been to China, I don't hate Bangladesh nor have any negative perception , but you sound like a typical Indian, work hard get there first then talk. China is 1.5 billion people, and yes Mao did some bad shit but to unify 1.5bil.people and control a continent sized country is different from controlling Bangladesh. We went through multiple wars and crisis to get to where we are today. But please don't exert this superior complex when your country is only slightly better than India. OK, be humble, start bragging when you reach our level.

Whatever contribution CNSA is getting is Peebles compared to that amassed by NASA.

did I ever say NASA does everything solo? I believe those words came from your Chinese friends.
The Chinese claimed their tianwen Mars mission was a 100% Chinese, I merely highlighted the fact that it wasn't.

Everyone knows, NASA carries payload and sensors from all over the world. NASA credits contributions from other nations and institutions on their website.

So that's how far thousands of years of Eastern civilization got you..

Thank you Western civilization for bailing out the East.

1.3 is just like Japan, Italy, Spain etc. That's not so bad.

One more thing: $2200 USD isn't the same today as it was in 2004, nor does $2200 buy you the same things in 2021 Bangladesh as they would buy you in 2004 China.

In 2004 China already had SMIC, Huawei, Tencent, Alibaba and Baidu. Does Bangladesh have semiconductor foundries?

Hahaha the moment you spurt out shit like that, I know you know jackshit. Lol

My friend have you been to China, I don't hate Bangladesh nor have any negative perception , but you sound like a typical Indian, work hard get there first then talk. China is 1.5 billion people, and yes Mao did some bad shit but to unify 1.5bil.people and control a continent sized country is different from controlling Bangladesh. We went through multiple wars and crisis to get to where we are today. But please don't exert this superior complex when your country is only slightly better than India. OK, be humble, start bragging when you reach our level.

Post reported for profanity.

It does seem like Mao managed to scrub off manners and civility out of mainland Chinese people. It is same thing people talk all over the world. I used to think Hong Kong folks were just being snobby when they were complaining about uncouth mainland Chinese folks, now I see they do have a point !

So that's how far thousands of years of Eastern civilization got you..

Thank you Western civilization for bailing out the East.

Nope 120 years of British and Japanese looting brought that to China.

Unless you consider Soviet Russia as part of the west... No, it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom