What's new

China’s New Type 054B Frigates Break Cover At Two Shipyards

Thew issue here is not whether or not Chinese Type 054B are more advance than FFGX (which is impossible to know as no FFGX was built yet). The issue here is where do you put it and how it work with the existing destroyer squadron. Because Frigate are supposed to be a jack of all trade companion for destroyer at sea.

As someone already pointed out,. 32 VLS probably not going to be enough for this role, because unlike the US Navy, where an Arleigh Burke have 90 cell (96 on later version) VLS and sub hunting is done with Romeo Hawk, which both are something Chinese don't have, as China do not have a good, dedicated platform for ASW and Chinese destroyer are only ~70 cell. Which mean there are going to be capability gap between the two.

So comparing an Burke to 054B....boy oi boy, you sure is a genius. Lolol

"NEAR" future, so no. You probably would still be building Type 055/Type 052D in near future, unless by "near: future you mean in 25-30 years, that's not near future in my definition
So, how many are Typye 054B FFGs built?

7f8d08b2gy1hhkb4bslruj20zk0kpn12.jpg

:omghaha:

So comparing an Burke to 054B....boy oi boy, you sure is a genius. Lolol
Again, this is the 2nd time. Can you really read?

I said Type 054B have to use to couple with A CHINESE DESTROYER. And that couple won't work when 054B have 32 cell, because the DESTROYER they are coupling does not have dedicated Anti-Sub capability and it only have 70 cell WHEN COMPARE TO BURKE CLASS 90/96.

Thew issue here is not whether or not Chinese Type 054B are more advance than FFGX (which is impossible to know as no FFGX was built yet). The issue here is where do you put it and how it work with the existing destroyer squadron. Because Frigate are supposed to be a jack of all trade companion for destroyer at sea.

As someone already pointed out,. 32 VLS probably not going to be enough for this role, because unlike the US Navy, where an Arleigh Burke have 90 cell (96 on later version) VLS and sub hunting is done with Romeo Hawk, which both are something Chinese don't have, as China do not have a good, dedicated platform for ASW and Chinese destroyer are only ~70 cell. Which mean there are going to be capability gap between the two.

I am comparing the 052D and Burke class.

Duide, either go get a brain scan, or have your eyes check, becuase you are seeing thing, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

So, how many are Typye 054B FFGs built?
Depends on how you use them. Do you go with Littoral route and use them at the coast? Or do you pair it up with a destoryer squadron and use it blue water?

I said Type 054B have to use to couple with A CHINESE DESTROYER. And that couple won't work when 054B have 32 cell, because the DESTROYER they are coupling does not have dedicated Anti-Sub capability and it only have 70 cell WHEN COMPARE TO BURKE CLASS 90/96.

Duide, either go get a brain scan, or have your eyes check, becuase you are seeing thing, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Depends on how you use them. Do you go with Littoral route and use them at the coast? Or do you pair it up with a destoryer squadron and use it blue water?
How many does PLAN have Type 054B now?

052D has no antisub capability? Explain to me how Burke has bettee ASW?

i am talking about 054B/052D combo
In reality, it is 054A/052D combo.
When a large number of Type 054B have been built in near future, it would be 054B/055/others comb.

052D has no antisub capability? Explain to me how Burke has bettee ASW?
Where did I say 052D has nno anti-sub capability?

So, without DEDICATED ASW is now the same as "no ASW" at all?

Do you understand the difference?

DEDICATED ASW is a platform designed to do that particular thing, as in a Romeo Hawk, It was designed to hunt sub, otherwise you will have to use whatever shipborne resource to do that for you. That's does not mean you do not have ASW capability.

Bruh............and you claim to be a ship engineer.......🤦

In reality, it is 054A/052D combo.
When a large number of Type 054B have been built in near future, it would be 054B/055/others comb.
err....how many 055 you are planning to build? 50?

Where did I say 052D has nno anti-sub capability?

So, without DEDICATED ASW is now the same as "no ASW" at all?

Do you understand the difference?

DEDICATED ASW is a platform designed to do that particular thing, as in a Romeo Hawk, It was designed to hunt sub, otherwise you will have to use whatever shipborne resource to do that for you. That's does not mean you do not have ASW capability.

Bruh............and you claim to be a ship engineer.......🤦

err....how many 055 you are planning to build? 50?

Does not have dedicated ASW? That's why I want you to explain, how does 052D not have a dedicated ASW compared to old Burkes?

And why does 054B need to couple to 052Ds? Does it mean Burkes need to couple with Constellations now? If we use 055s against Burkes? Ahahahahaha. Gotcha idiot!

Why not?
Type 055 is much cheaper than USA's DDG.
Appying his dmbfck logic, if Burkes goes against 055s,then they need to be coupled with something since 055s have 30 more VLS? Lolol.

Last edited:
Does not have dedicated ASW? That's why I want you to explain, how does 052D not have a dedicated ASW compared to old Burkes?
Is the ship itself dedicated to do ASW? If you do, then either your navy is pretty stupid. or, actually, I can't think of anything else

You have a ship and that can do ASW, but you don't just do ASW in that ship, you need to monitor the horizon and scan for Air and Surface threat, and that's what your weapon system will do, and with 70 cell, that split between AAW and ASurW already , you don't have a MH-60R like capability in PLAN, that draw more resource from the ship, unless you are claiming Z-9 is designed to track and hunt down enemy sub like a Romeo. Which I very much doubt

Why not?
Type 055 is much cheaper than USA's DDG.
Sure, whatever you say. I want all my ship to staff with Robots and munition and fuel to never run out and more importantly don't need to dry dock them to service and repair them.

But seems like you already had solution to all these problem so please go and dop build 100 Type 055.....

Is the ship itself dedicated to do ASW? If you do, then either your navy is pretty stupid. or, actually, I can't think of anything else

You have a ship and that can do ASW, but you don't just do ASW in that ship, you need to monitor the horizon and scan for Air and Surface threat, and that's what your weapon system will do, and with 70 cell, that split between AAW and ASurW already , you don't have a MH-60R like capability in PLAN, that draw more resource from the ship, unless you are claiming Z-9 is designed to track and hunt down enemy sub like a Romeo. Which I very much doubt

Sure, whatever you say. I want all my ship to staff with Robots and munition and fuel to never run out and more importantly don't need to dry dock them to service and repair them.

But seems like you already had solution to all these problem so please go and dop build 100 Type 055.....

So Burkes are dedicated to ASW? I told you to explain to me how it is better? You ain't telling me why.

Appying his dmbfck logic, if Burkes goes against 055s,then they need to be coupled with something since 055s have 30 more VLS? Lolol.
type 055 have 30 more VLS???

REALLY??

1693802405954.png

1693802435828.png

so 112 - 96 = 30??

lol, and that come from the same guy who call other dumbfck is just pure gold......

So Burkes are dedicated to ASW? I told you to explain to me how it is better? You ain't telling me why
Dumbass, Burke is NOT dedicated to do ASW, ROMEO HAWK is......how many time I have to say that?

ANd you have Romeo Hawk to do ASW mean Burke don't have to, which spare more resource to deal with Air and Surface threat. Or did Chinese Destoryer run on unlimited missile and VLS I don't know about that?

Last edited:
It reminds me of some people who used to insist that the production amount of J-20 would be less than that of F-22.

It reminds me of some people who used to insist that the production amount of J-20 would be less than that of F-22.
Are you seriously comparing a platform that take 1 pilot and maybe a team of 10 tech/mechanic to a ship with 300+ sailor?

Back
Top Bottom