What's new

China's New Type 056 Corvette

The 1st Type 056 corvette started it's first sea trial on November 6th 2012. Only in this year, just between May and October, chinese shipyards have already launched 7 ships of this class, a very surprising efficiency and capacity...

And I dare to say that the final number of this class of corvettes launched in 2012 will probably reach 10...

MTfjy.jpg

u0vtR.jpg

9dkvr.jpg

pFaJN.jpg

hUoWb.jpg

YtOPt.jpg

:coffee:

I think China are being very smart with their defense expenditure. They're obviously playing the numbers game at the moment to counter the US' pivot towards them and building lots of cheaper ships with minimum, but very capable combat ability is a smart way of placing boats in the water, as soon as possible. On their own, they of course would be no match for the US fleet or even other regional naval powerhouses, like Korea and Japan, but as a swarm, which is how I would expect them to be used, they would give any opposing navy something to think about. Given how relatively cheap they are and the rate China are putting them out, these new corvettes will give China ample coverage of modern naval warships to patrol their near coasts.

China, as a nation playing catch up to other naval powers, have played it smart and not put all their eggs into the metaphorical one basket. China could have easily fallen into the trap of building massive destroyers and cruisers with equal or greater armaments, and bankrupt themselves to field enough of them to cover their vast coastline. Building smaller ships with modern capabilities like this 056 and the 054A frigates is exactly what China needs to do right now, to get their modern warship numbers up. This strategy is the most economically sensible way of modernising and strengthening China's navy, along with gradually building up their numbers of modern destroyers and eventually more aircraft carriers and even cruisers.

Here in the West, people seem to look on at China's military build up with great suspicion, but if I were in their shoes, I'd be doing the exact same thing, given the US' history of military interference around the World. Good on China for their impressive ascension both economically and militarily.

An another Type 056 corvette, the 2nd of serial which is constructed in Guangzhou, has also started it's first sea trial.

So far, 7 ships of this class have been launched in this year and 2 have started sea trials...

An another Type 056 corvette, the 2nd of serial which is constructed in Guangzhou, has also started it's first sea trial.

So far, 7 ships of this class have been launched in this year and 2 have started sea trials...

0357024q9znn6qjcg499nn.jpg

At least they should mount a CIWS on it, or some AK630.

056 is better join the China Surveilliance fleet than PLAN
The only bright point is that it carrys 4 C803 anti ship missile. 056 is a good one to deal with Vietnam in SCS.

At least they should mount a CIWS on it, or some AK630.

056 is better join the China Surveilliance fleet than PLAN

HQ-10 is a CIWS

China has opened a new production line of type 056 in Wuhan for Bangladesh Navy besides their 056 production line in Guangzhou and in Shanghai

more one in dalian

HQ-10 is a CIWS

Only 8 or 9 missile mounted on HQ10 laucher, i think it would be better to install a goalkeep in the front part of 056.
Why not this one?
09313H2J-9.jpg

对了056上有没有安装反潜导弹?连个反潜火箭弹也没有安装,要是在南海碰到猴子的潜艇该咋办?其实完全可以把排水量做到2200吨左右,把功能再做全一点。我们国家就差那么点钱?海军那帮人简直是无语。像056这型做海监船吨位都显得小,在南海战备执勤功能又太单一不能防空又不能反潜。欺负人家渔船差不多。既然武备不行那就装备个50艘凑凑数吧!

Only 8 or 9 missile mounted on HQ10 laucher, i think it would be better to install a goalkeep in the front part of 056.
Why not this one?
09313H2J-9.jpg

对了056上有没有安装反潜导弹?连个反潜火箭弹也没有安装,要是在南海碰到猴子的潜艇该咋办?其实完全可以把排水量做到2200吨左右,把功能再做全一点。我们国家就差那么点钱?海军那帮人简直是无语。像056这型做海监船吨位都显得小,在南海战备执勤功能又太单一不能防空又不能反潜。欺负人家渔船差不多。既然武备不行那就装备个50艘凑凑数吧!

Can goalkeep shoot 2-3 targets of the time ?
DO you think about who Saturation attack for so small ship?

后面背着6发反潜鱼雷呢,你没看见?
接的就是037,老江湖的领海和经济区巡逻护渔的活,占的是导护艇的编,做那么大干什么,而且这个吨位已经完全可以在南海全域转悠了。
至于作战能力,10公里的防空范围还不够?6发反潜鱼雷不够?南海周围比这战斗力高的舰艇有几艘?

如果有反潜能力那还凑活,整个南中国海的制空权都是咱中国的。

Consider Goalkeeper's max rate of fire is 4200 round per minute, or 70 rounds per second. The weapon fires for about 0.2 seconds per engagement i.e. it fires 14 round bursts. Maximum burst size is 1,000 rounds, which takes some 14 seconds. The ammunition load is 1190 rounds on the mount, in a below-deck magazine. This is enough for 85 short bursts of 14 rounds. Reload time is 9 minutes (reloading is done below deck)

Goalkeeper can track 32 targets and prioritizes 4. It can deal with 2 pairs of sea skimmers about 5 seconds apart (2 missiles followed by 2 more 5 seconds later).

Total reaction time against a Mach 2 (= 680m/s) sea skimmer is about 5,5 seconds from automatic detection through to start of engagement at 1500m, continuing to optimum kill probability at 300m . It follows that to engaging and kiling a supersonic missile may take about 1.8 seconds, during which time 9 burst may be fired, expending 126 rounds. Magazine capacity allow for 9 such engagements.

World Naval Weapon Systems, 5 Ed. - Norman Friedman - Google Boeken

At these ranges, incoming missile debris can still cause damage. Using a missile for CIWS has the advantage of being able to engage the inbound track further out due to the missile CIWS having longer range than the Gun CIWS. If 1 hit can typically be achieved per missile carried, then I would think defensive capability is comparable.

Why not this one?

It is bigger and therefor heavier and possibly also more expensive (remember, 056 is meant a low cost patrol asset).

Cost,cost,cost。

Cost is always an issue,even if and when you are a $100 trillion economy.

Back
Top Bottom