What's new

China's second unmanned lunar probe, Chang'e-2, blasts off today!

I don't know this, China government said that China didn't have spy satellite, all of China's satellites are used for "mine searching""atmosphere reoprt""scientific research""radio and message send".

I guess there are two reasons:
One: China hope peace, China don't want to attack other countries, so China needn't spy satellites.
Two: China not a powerful country like USA, from 1970 to 2010, China only launched 130 satellites, but USA has sent out thousands of satellites.

With due respect,
i am not satisfied with your theory/logic ?
and China don't want to attack other countries, so China needn't spy satellites

Brother,
this is digital age, how you can live with out this,

With due respect,

Brother,

China has all kinds of satellites except the "military spy satellite", that's what our government said. We have several satellites which have precise camera, but we called them "mine researching satellite" . We have corresponding satellites, but we announce that our satellites are only used for TV and radio\photo corresponding. This is China, we have several satellites which can used for military detection, but we have not spy satellites.

Yes, but dosen't suit the occasion.

But for China, its certainly a giant leap.

actually, it might not be the real giant leap.

because, you know, this chang'e II is just a small part of the whole project which aimed at landing on moon.

the next step, chang'e III will try to do a soft landing on the moon.

and i think we could save the word "giant leap" for the final mission when the first Chinese astronaut set his/her foot on the moon soil.:china:

at last, i do hope India will keep up and accelerate his space programme,‘cos healthy competition is good for both side.

actually, it might not be the real giant leap.

because, you know, this chang'e II is just a small part of the whole project which aimed at landing on moon.

the next step, chang'e III will try to do a soft landing on the moon.

and i think we could save the word "giant leap" for the final mission when the first Chinese astronaut set his/her foot on the moon soil.:china:

at last, i do hope India will keep up and accelerate his space programme,‘cos healthy competition is good for both side.

To accomplish the main objective of landing on the moon, many other projects will be executed (just like Chang'e 2), anyone of them dosen't perform as intended and there could be a setback.

All in all, each of these projects which are meant to realize the main objective of manned lunar mission is a "giant leap" in itself.

And yes, even India has plans for another unmanned lunar mission and then a manned space mission, an unmanned mission to Mars followed by a manned lunar landing.

Competition is what you want and competition is what you will get.

With due respect,

Brother,

You are absolutely correct. China has had spy satellites for decades. They are just not called as such. They are referred to as earth resources, ocean monitoring, or scientific research satellites.

Launch procedures of Chang'e II - People's Daily Online

The graphics shows the launch procedures of China's second unmanned lunar probe, Chang'e II, which blasted off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center (XSLC) in southwest China's Sichuan Province on Oct. 1, 2010. (Xinhua/Zheng Yue)

13505873695190608068.jpg

16752695335602675198.jpg

9337071081998567267.jpg

9981257479737035991.jpg

13011243133678631998.jpg

13800793799058831242.jpg

See! Like everything Chinese it is falling apart! :rofl:

Sorry, I have never trolled on a China related thread yet. Had to try :P

Congrats to China and CLEP. May the mission be an astounding success

To accomplish the main objective of landing on the moon, many other projects will be executed (just like Chang'e 2), anyone of them dosen't perform as intended and there could be a setback.

All in all, each of these projects which are meant to realize the main objective of manned lunar mission is a "giant leap" in itself.

And yes, even India has plans for another unmanned lunar mission and then a manned space mission, an unmanned mission to Mars followed by a manned lunar landing.

Competition is what you want and competition is what you will get.

india plans a manned lunar landing by 2020, china's estimate ranges from 2018 to 2025(most indicates its closer to 2025) given india's current progress and tech im not sure how its possible for them to achieve a 2020 landing... (btw japan has a 2025ish plan but with no funding)

india plans a manned lunar landing by 2020, china's estimate ranges from 2018 to 2025(most indicates its closer to 2025) given india's current progress and tech im not sure how its possible for them to achieve a 2020 landing... (btw japan has a 2025ish plan but with no funding)

Undertaking manned lunar mission in 2020 is still a proposal. Hopes are being pinned on Chandrayan 2 and even more so on the manned space mission which is scheduled for around 2015, any problems faced in any of these missions then the year for manned lunar mission will certainly get pushed back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom