What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

KJ-500 in Tibet

110923dkkmxrq1cn0cixrm.jpg

110924h88bgcczdf0crbd8.jpg

110926bjsyxgvz96xfyvzf.jpg

J-10s at the same airport

110927pwmr5m91rrp58x5b.jpg

... and the J-10s most likely from the 44. Division ?!

FYI, K2S is having its J-10s replaced with J-10B/Cs.

Thanks and YES, I already knew that, so following the 170. Brigade FTTC with 78x1x serials this regiment from the 2. Division with 10x3x serials is also confirmed.

A questionmark however are the other two units. IMO nearly confirmed is a regiment within the 19. Division with 30x0x serials (IMO most likely) and following some reports the former J-10A regiment within the 44. Division with 50x5x serials is said to operate the first J-10Cs.

I added a similar post at the J-10-thread !

Deino

So this is a kind of rotation in the Air force? The .44 received newer J-10B/C, Tibet get J-10/A ?

As far as I know a new regiment at or close to Yanji (21st Fighter Division/61st Air Regiment) received J-10s in early (January) 2016.

However would be interesting to know, where the other "older" A-models went to ?

I have a couple questions how many AWACs does the PLAAF field? what type of Air defense systems have they fielded on their islands? and is the Z-20 helicopter supplementing or replacing the Mi-17s?

Does anyone know why this Il-76MD received this "strange" blue-red-white scheme ??

Il-76MD blue-red-white scheme - August 16.jpg

Interesting and IMO esp. in mind of the limited number of true heavy transports a bit surprising that such a bird is assigned to training duties.

Deino
With Y-20, it's not limited after all.

With Y-20, it's not limited after all.

With so far only two Y-20s delivered, surely not.

If You want to expand Your strategic lift capabilities - also by adding whichever second-hand Il-76 You get - You do not reassign these most valuable type to a training unit only after You just received the first two Y-20s.

Deino

With so far only two Y-20s delivered, surely not.

If You want to expand Your strategic lift capabilities - also by adding whichever second-hand Il-76 You get - You do not reassign these most valuable type to a training unit only after You just received the first two Y-20s.

Deino
Those second hand IL-76 are long purchase many years ago plus Russian will not return a single cent of the USD1.6billion paid for suppose 38 brand new IL-76 planes. They offer these second hand IL-76 repayment. What do you expect. Since you are so expert then care to explain why they sacrifice your so called precious strategic lifter as trainer?

Obviously many Y-20 are in the pipeline ready to be deliver to PLAAF by end of the year. Just Becos only 2 Y-20, doesn't mean we will stuck with just 2 Y-20 for next few years.

Back
Top Bottom