What's new

Chinese and Korean players throw match: Olympic shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are the world's number one top seed,have been training for 4 years for this Olympics and the guaranteed gold medalists.US tries everything to reduce China's gold and reclaim their top spot in the Olympics.

The Americans???? LOL - sure.

Strategies are part of sport.

strategy to lose on purpose has no part in sport.. especially olympic sport

i have watched the footage.. for them to say ohh we just conserving energy is the biggest load of horse sheet since beijingwalker last posted

they were purposely not hitting the badminton.. hitting it into the net on purpose... i mean you could tell it was a case of extremely bad acting

It is not in the nature of any sportsman to cheat. If it is, then the player is not a sportsman.

Don't be holier than thou, when being a winner is going to be penalized who in their fair mind can play 100%. Sport is a game for winner and the winner is to be rewarded and if it's not the case, then the system is wrong, period.

If it didn't happen in this case, it'll happen soon or later. Systematic change of this stupid system is the way forward.

I kind of had the feeling they would be expelled. So I'm not really surprised. I don't think we have a case, just accept it and move on. We lost the world number 1 pair but still have the world number 2 pair.

Don't be holier than thou, when being a winner is going to be penalized who in their fair mind can play 100%. Sport is a game for winner and the winner is to be rewarded and if it's not the case, then the system is wrong, period.

If it didn't happen in this case, it'll happen soon or later. Systematic change of this stupid system is the way forward.

I am being honest; not holier than thou. If an Indian player had tanked a match - my reaction would have been no different. The problem is not the system - it is the players' fault. And guess what - the Badminton Federation concurs. They are not blaming the system - they are blaming the cheats.

I am being honest; not holier than thou. If an Indian player had tanked a match - my reaction would have been no different. The problem is not the system - it is the players' fault. And guess what - the Badminton Federation concurs. They are not blaming the system - they are blaming the cheats.

Yes, the players were wrong. But if the system is not going change it'll happen again and again. Let's be honest, cheating, greed, ambition......are human nature and no one is above them, that's why there are laws to prohibit such actions.

Yes, the players were wrong. But if the system is not going change it'll happen again and again. Let's be honest, cheating, greed, ambition......are human nature and no one is above them, that's why there are laws to prohibit such actions.

i believe they are considering a round robin style qualifier, which will make things a lot fairer and should minimise anyone trying to do this again.. hopefully it stops altogether from now, they have made a pretty prominent statement.

I'm not sure I would call this cheating, yes it's manipulating the draw but none of them took drugs. For me cheating means taking drugs.

In basketball you foul in purpose to stop the clock, is that cheating?

I'm not sure I would call this cheating, yes it's manipulating the draw but none of them took drugs. For me cheating means taking drugs.

In basketball you foul in purpose to stop the clock, is that cheating?

cheating is to gain and unfair advantage on the competition... and because they are attempting to influence the draw for their own advantage, it is cheating

wow ****** appear to be saints! even at a low level competitive events like cwg, indians cheat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom