What's new

Chinese automakers interested to set up manufacturing plants in Pakistan

Why? Are we at war? I am merely saying give what Pak has given to Jap/Koreans to Chinese. A exchange. Not a surrender.
Well, with all due respect, your suggestion is beyond nonsense. Even in China, one can buy imported cars or Germans, Japanese and Korean cars made in China. Furthermore Chinese cars are not known for quality and have no market. I don't know a single Chinese car sold in Europe or USA. So it will take some time before they can offer some competition.

Well, with all due respect, your suggestion is beyond nonsense. Even in China, one can buy imported cars or Germans, Japanese and Korean cars made in China. Furthermore Chinese cars are not known for quality and have no market. I don't know a single Chinese car sold in Europe or USA. So it will take some time before they can offer some competition.
Well China bought Volvo. That is some quality in Chinese cars.

Well, with all due respect, your suggestion is beyond nonsense.
Noted. We don't have to agree on everything. This board would be boring if everybody just said "yes" to everything.

Even in China, one can buy imported cars or Germans, Japanese and Korean cars made in China. Furthermore Chinese cars are not known for quality and have no market. I don't know a single Chinese car sold in Europe or USA. So it will take some time before they can offer some competition.
The fact is the Jap/Korean car mafia are fleecing Pakistan. I know Chinese car industry is still at take off stage but you know and I know soon they will take off and there will come day when everybody will be chasing Chinese cars. Now is the time to get the Chinese in so that when they rise Pakistan rises. When the Chinese cars take off Pakistan could even become the regional supplier to neighbouring countries.

I have already seen how Chinese TV and mobile brands are rising. Their cars will also. Now is the time to get in there !

Yes I would very much like to see Volvo in Pakistan especially their station wagons / estate cars are great and can be good for Northern Areas / GB
I would like to Geely cars competing in Pakistan.

Noted. We don't have to agree on everything. This board would be boring if everybody just said "yes" to everything.

The fact is the Jap/Korean car mafia are fleecing Pakistan. I know Chinese car industry is still at take off stage but you know and I know soon they will take off and there will come day when everybody will be chasing Chinese cars. Now is the time to get the Chinese in so that when they rise Pakistan rises. When the Chinese cars take off Pakistan could even become the regional supplier to neighbouring countries.

I have already seen how Chinese TV and mobile brands are rising. Their cars will also. Now is the time to get in there !
I know about Japs exploiting Pakistan's captive market but I would blame Pakistani corrupt govts both the bureaucracy and the politicians for allowing Japs to do that.
I predict that Chinese EVs will take the world by storm but that won't happen before 2025. IC engine based cars from China won't be able to compete with other automakers in quality.

I know about Japs exploiting Pakistan's captive market but I would blame Pakistani corrupt govts both the bureaucracy and the politicians for allowing Japs to do that.
That is very true.

I predict that Chinese EVs will take the world by storm but that won't happen before 2025. IC engine based cars from China won't be able to compete with other automakers in quality.
Indeed. I think the Chinese have decided they IC engine cars are reaching end of their cycle. The future is EV and that is what they are concentrating on. But Pakistan should draw them in now.

That is very true.

Indeed. I think the Chinese have decided they IC engine cars are reaching end of their cycle. The future is EV and that is what they are concentrating on. But Pakistan should draw them in now.
Actually a few EV plants around Gwader will eliminate the cost of transportation to Gwader port and thus make them very competitive in the middle Eastern, African and South Asian markets.

China can help Pakistan make transition to electric cars just like it helped Pakistan got rid of oil power plants.

I am a simple person. I like clarity. China is pumping over $60 billion into Pak via CPEC. Pakistan strategic direction is with China. Therefore having Jap/Koreans [both being the biggest sucklings on the American tit] dominate the auto-sector amkes no sense. Give it to the Chinese as reward and in recognition of the broader strategic direction the country is taking.

Chinese can't build a half decent car. Pakistan should focus more in inviting German car makers.

Cars should be kept expensive in Pakistan. The jahil awaam does not deserve cheap cars since they have already clogged our roads.

It's good policy of the government to keep high taxes/duties on cars and their parts. Even if new manufacturers come to Pakistan, taxes should be levied so that car prices do not go down.

Cars are not essential items like food; it does not matter if they are expensive. It's good that they remain above and beyond the purchasing power of the common man.

Back
Top Bottom