What's new

Chinese captain dead in fishing clash in South Korea

Yes, I agree. Deadly force should only be used if they're shooting back. But from the report of this article, the Chinese captain was trying to resist, not firing a weapon.

A fisheries accord between South Korea and China is , indeed, necessary. But sometimes, it is natural when fisherfolk accidentally go inside the maritime borders of some states. I mean, this happens regularly even by Japanese fishermen going into Korean , or Taiwanese, or Russian waters. A simple warning should suffice, a water cannon shot here or there. There is no need to use deadly force. What South Korean Coast Guard need to do is be realistic in their responses.

I find it odd. They could not even rescue the majority of the Korean school children in that terribly ferry sinking early this year. Hundreds of Korean kids drowned in the depths, where were there Korean coast guard? Why did they not respond in earnest?

Yet they can use deadly force on a Chinese fishing boat? Come on.

"The blade itself incites violence"

People with guns tend to get trigger happy and look for any excuse to use them. If they aren't carrying guns, they cant kill. Why would coast guard need lethal weapons when watercannons and tasers are already scary as hell?

This killing is just barbaric.

"The blade itself incites violence"

People with guns tend to get trigger happy and look for any excuse to use them. If they aren't carrying guns, they cant kill. Why would coast guard need lethal weapons when watercannons and tasers are already scary as hell?

We (East Asians) really need to stop the habit of trying to kill each other, harm each other. East Asian Race has to integrate, build, and develop together.

We (East Asians) really need to stop the habit of trying to kill each other, harm each other. East Asian Race has to integrate, build, and develop together.
Sniff sniff - I smell traces of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere :D

j/k

How do you do?

Just like Neu Europa, err I mean the European Union :P Hehe..

Yeah me good too. :tup:

Ha ha ha ! If, hypothetically speaking, East Asia is to be United, we would leave the European Union and the United States trailing in the dust. Shear man power, technological innovation, a combined military capability that could humble those who would oppose its might...

Pax Orientalis Asiaticum !

;)

Ha ha ha ! If, hypothetically speaking, East Asia is to be United, we would leave the European Union and the United States trailing in the dust. Shear man power, technological innovation, a combined military capability that could humble those who would oppose its might...

Pax Orientalis Asiaticum !

;)
I wonder what the Chinese may be thinking now. :D The cuisine exchanges will be the most interesting. :P

I wonder what the Chinese may be thinking now. :D The cuisine exchanges will be the most interesting. :P

I would like to cite the two dominate schools that theories the European integration process which include: 1) Neofunctionalism and 2) Intergovernmentalism. There are existing dichotomies between Intergovernmentalism and Neofunctionalism.

Neofunctional processes emphasize that the high and rising levels of economic and technological interdependence, the spillover effects created by them, and the growing role of supranational institutions in the process of integration. Neofunctional approach espouse that any integrative action in one sector steps down actions in related sectors, and this integration process would create new problems that could only be solved by further cooperation. Therefore, the beginning of cooperation in high politics areas and eventually general integration would be achieved by a whole new entry of supranational entities. We saw this in Europe in the form of the six European states founded the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) in 1951 and also the European Economic Community (EEC).

The second theory, the Intergovernmentalism Theory, identifies the heads of state and government as key central players. The theory states that regional integration can best be understood through series of bargains between the heads of government , which would then be supported by small ministerial and advisory board. The beauty of this Theory is that the heads are not enforced to accept any policies that would be considered unacceptable. This theory is based on the fact that decision making amongst the partners would be done by unanimous consent. The outcomes will converge on what political scientists would deem as “the lowest common denominator”. The reason why I think that China , Japan and South Korea can solve core interest issues through Intergovernmentalism is because it allows consensus agreement and direct communication with heads of state. Right now, Intergovernmentalism is perfect for Japan, South Korea and China because Northeast Asia has not yet reached the stage of integration as seen in the European context. Eventually, however, the neo-functionalist approach would take root and the integration of China-The Koreas and Japan would only be a realistic manifest.

Provided, of course, that there are no external factors or internal dynamics that would oppose this integration.

Why we heard too many issues only between Chinese fishermen with local authorities of NK, SK, JP, PH, VN, RU ?

Resist the authorities command by violent acts could lead to death to this or that side.
Both of case, the root cause is from the initial response by violence from fishermen.

Why would coast guard need lethal weapons when watercannons and tasers are already scary as hell?

Just curious, with the usual semi wet condition on patrol/fishing ship, is there any danger of getting self electrocute when using taser on the ship?

Chinese don't know what to do. silly people that lack understanding of human psyche. Chinese think free trade with sk will make sk switch side to china. korea just using china to make money but still side with united states.

The South Korean coastguard personnel was defending himself, the Chinese fisherman are notorious for pulling knives on coast guard inspectors.

Back
Top Bottom