What's new

Chinese Government Bans Television Time Travel - ROFL

Because in India there is the free media.

And in China it is a controlled media.

In China, news means propaganda and so it has to project all is well with China and the world!

That's why.

Claiming there is 'free media' and 'showing what is really happening' are quite a contrast.
Most likely scenario is you will have more people (both busy and young) watching the news and blindly accept what was shown and said and leave it at that. They won't even bother with trawling the net to counter argue with everything that was said and shown in bs media such as Faux News.
Besides, what's the use of having free media in the so called 'free society' of the 'free world' when the government can freely walk all over you?

Today, the state can 'freely' read your emails or track you online. They can also tap your phone lines, enter your homes, bug your offices and shift through your trash cans. Anti terror laws can also be used as a tool to further invade your privacy. Stuff such as biometric data and ID cards said to 'protect' you from organised crime can also be used against you or is shared amongst othermore sinister organisations.

Do you still think the cherished 'free society' in the 'free world' that you live in to be anymore free than China? I personally regard them as equals.
The only differences are the tactics employed and deployed.

That is why the fact remains - There is no such thing as a free society (unless you are talking about Somlia where you are free to kill, rape and steal).

Claiming there is 'free media' and 'showing what is really happening' are quite a contrast.
Most likely scenario is you will have more people (both busy and young) watching the news and blindly accept what was shown and said and leave it at that. They won't even bother with trawling the net to counter argue with everything that was said and shown in bs media such as Faux News.
Besides, what's the use of having free media in the so called 'free society' of the 'free world' when the government can freely walk all over you?

Today, the state can 'freely' read your emails or track you online. They can also tap your phone lines, enter your homes, bug your offices and shift through your trash cans. Anti terror laws can also be used as a tool to further invade your privacy. Stuff such as biometric data and ID cards said to 'protect' you from organised crime can also be used against you or is shared amongst othermore sinister organisations.

Do you still think the cherished 'free society' in the 'free world' that you live in to be anymore free than China? I personally regard them as equals.

That is why the fact remains - There is no such thing as a free society (unless you are talking about Somlia where you are free to kill, rape and steal).
The fact that you trotted out Fox News means you know you put forth a false argument. Is Fox the ONLY news outlet in the US? You are trying to deceive people here by grossly broadening the context of dictatorship to include the obvious fact that in any country, there has to be a sole figure and institution of authority, in other words, only one government, not contestants for authority. Ultimately, all governments can 'walk' over all citizenry in every aspects of their lives but what distinguish the UK from NKR is the degree of control that the government exercises over the citizenry. A 'free' media is not the same as a 'controlled' media and that is the point you either missed or trying to distract attention from.

So they cant show "The one" because i really like Jet Li..

reever=banned?

The fact that you trotted out Fox News means you know you put forth a false argument. Is Fox the ONLY news outlet in the US? You are trying to deceive people here by grossly broadening the context of dictatorship to include the obvious fact that in any country, there has to be a sole figure and institution of authority, in other words, only one government, not contestants for authority. Ultimately, all governments can 'walk' over all citizenry in every aspects of their lives but what distinguish the UK from NKR is the degree of control that the government exercises over the citizenry. A 'free' media is not the same as a 'controlled' media and that is the point you either missed or trying to distract attention from.

Who owns majority of the media?
More importantly is how things are being portrayed in a more univeral manner and throughout prime time.
Grossly broadening the context of dictatorship to include the obvious? Does it 'NOT' show that the world isn't free? (other than said Somalia)?
There is no need for distraction. The only distraction here is people like You and your poor excuse to try distract and divert attention away from the fact that there is no such thing as a 'free society' in a 'free world'.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

reever=banned?

Jet Lee is cool man. But Bruce Lee is the legend.

More importantly is how things are being portrayed in a more univeral manner and throughout prime time.
Grossly broadening the context of dictatorship to include the obvious? Does it 'NOT' show that the world isn't free? (other than said Somalia)?
There is no need for distraction. The only distraction here is people like You and your poor excuse to try distract and divert attention away from the fact that there is no such thing as a 'free society' in a 'free world'.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Jet Lee is cool man. But Bruce Lee is the legend.

Never! i like jet li better because of his slick fighting style:)

but yes bruce is better.

One is not that juvenile in the free world to believe everything. Having no restrictions to think independently, they can be discerning and not spout the Govt's line as it is in China.

That is why in elections in the free world, no party can claim itself to be the only word on the subject and which is swallowed hook line and sinker.

True.

But then there are the Courts!

The Govt can do a sausage about the Courts and their verdict.

No one can send you for patriotic education or re-education!

I think so.

Here in the forum, you find such divergent views of posters from each country of the free world.

But check the Chinese?

It is the same essence from each Chinese poster and mostly CCP mish mash!

QED.

Your view as authorised by the CCP.

One is not that juvenile in the free world to believe everything. Having no restrictions to think independently, they can be discerning and not spout the Govt's line as it is in China.

Which makes little sense especially to all the Chinese population who gets exposed to western media just as much. In fact they get to see even more clearly what goes on in this juvenile world and make better judgements.
Besides, China isn't a democratic country, so there is no need to buy into such democratic ideology. Which is again, another tool for the west to use against China. And how does having 'free media' benefit the current China?

That is why in elections in the free world, no party can claim itself to be the only word on the subject and which is swallowed hook line and sinker.

You mean a monkey show to see which is the best looking and funny monkey? and as soon as it gets selected it returns to its master? ;)

But then there are the Courts!

The Govt can do a sausage about the Courts and their verdict.

No one can send you for patriotic education or re-education!

Like I said, there is no such thing as the claimed a 'free society' in a 'free world'. Everything is only as free as your government allows it to be. Getting to the supreme court stage and getting the desired verdict is of course a bonus. Matter is how often does it even get that far?

Here in the forum, you find such divergent views of posters from each country of the free world.

Yes you get to say whatever you want here, but it is 'Only' if you go with the 'forum rules'. Again, it proves that there is no such thing as 'free'.

But check the Chinese?

As said before, both sides have its ways of doing things. Besides China is not known to be a democratic country therefore no democratic ideology needs to apply.

Your view as authorised by the CCP.

That's your own opinion and it matters little to what others think. I too can say the samething about your view being authorised by the American Federal Government. It doesn't change one bit how the world works and continues to work.

Yes, so it still goes to show that there is no such thing as a 'free society' or a 'free world'.

reever=banned?

It is not a ban, it is more like a guide line for TV industry, which demands the entertainment industry to respect history fact and promote positive concepts about life and people when shooting TV serials about historical figures, as it is explained in the original post by the thread starter. Sometime it is a good idea to read the whole post.

According to The New York Times, a statement from the Chinese government (linked to here in Chinese) explains that characters traveling back in time "lack positive thoughts and meaning" and that a program's portrayal of time travel can "casually make up myths, have monstrous and weird plots, use absurd tactics, and even promote feudalism, superstition, fatalism and reincarnation."

"The true purpose of the ruling seems to be to discourage the misrepresentation of historical figures in films and TV shows, including in time travel movies."

"The one" was showed in China, so was the "terminator", so are other "time travel" films or TV shows. The guideline says nothing about banning the broadcasting of time tavel tv shows, but it makes clear that time travel tv shows that distort the historical facts are not encouraged.

Is it the government? But here we go...The Jews...:rolleyes:

That burden should not fall upon the government. A free media mean many biases. Some are deliberately falsehoods. Some are accidental non-truths. Some are fair. Some are unbalanced. And some can even be slanderous. But none of those should come from external enforcement but from internal compulsion. Let the liar exposed himself and let the truthteller argue against the liar.

Right...In other words, you are arguing that my house is no different than that of a prison cell.

Look, I can repeat my words, paranoia caused by ignorance,

Give you a Chinese novel network, all the novel was written by Internet users grip, which are mostly "through the time of the novel, " How much you want? 100? 200 one hundred? any time I can give you.

http://www.qidian.com/

Indians are very concerned with Chinese issues,But most chinese people don't care indians at all.

Why ?

It always happens that the haves care for the have-nots. We consider China our younger brother which much be shown the way to democracy.

Look, I can repeat my words, paranoia caused by ignorance,

Give you a Chinese novel network, all the novel was written by Internet users grip, which are mostly "through the time of the novel, " How much you want? 100? 200 one hundred? any time I can give you.

I can't make head or tale of that post - what are you saying?

All the problems is that too much, the key lies in the quality is very bad. Hong Kong martial arts films have a flood in the 80S-90S, and then how to undermine the sustainable development of the entire market, and even Hong Kong director also urged people not to follow suit, but focused more on In quality. What surprised?

"穿越类小说"

You can take the BAIDU.COM, you can find to see how much.

I can't make head or tale of that post - what are you saying?

There are too many same type of fiction, all fiction is written by a number of common authors. Of course, if popular, you can get more money, if unpopular, will not have the money. Television Time Travel? you want how much? I searched for you, a few hundred or a thousand?

Back
Top Bottom