What's new

Chinese Government Bans Television Time Travel - ROFL

OK, I am reading "The art of war" in English and so many phrases have pretty different explanations by different Chinese commentators.

So seems like some knowledge has been lost over the centuries. It is still commendable that you have a living language that ancient.

Slang in the ancient language?

Yes, for example "之" "曰" "饮马恒河畔剑指天山西" “犯汉者虽远必诛”...

OK, I am reading "The art of war" in English and so many phrases have pretty different explanations by different Chinese commentators.

So seems like some knowledge has been lost over the centuries. It is still commendable that you have a living language that ancient.

If you are referring to the language, not lost, but everyone has a different understanding, especially for works of art. you may have misunderstood, even now, it is also true that some works except to ask the author, may all have different interpretations, It is a problem on reading comprehension, not whether literacy problems. I can confirm that there are very, very many Chinese people can understand all.

And the characteristics of Chinese language is subtle, the ancient Chinese language more, concise, very concise,and sometimes words can be summed up by a dozen modern Chinese need to show the contents .20-30 ancient Chinese character can display the contents of the word is equivalent to more than one hundred modern Chinese.

But refining also has shortcomings, for example, very prone to differences in just a few words, this is a feature, while foreigners are more difficult to understand, almost all university professors have a white hair, because even the Chinese people It was not easy to completely clear

OK, so what is the major difference between traditional and simplified Chinese?

I understand the latter has lesser number of characters. What else?

Do most Chinese now learn and use the simplified Chinese?

OK, so what is the major difference between traditional and simplified Chinese?

I understand the latter has lesser number of characters. What else?

Do most Chinese now learn and use the simplified Chinese?

For a foreigner is only one difference, that is the difference between simple and complex. But for China, because Chinese is a hieroglyphic, and usually traditional inherited more sense from the previous text.

Yes, the Most people use simplified Chinese, because Chinese mainland uses simplified characters, Hong Kong and Taiwan use traditional characters have been, but recently simplified characters are popular in Hong Kong and Taiwan, especially Hong Kong, and possibly Singapore. But even if the mainland, there is no ban on the traditional characters, In the non-official occasions, and even Chinese leaders prefer to use traditional characters to write, because the more meaningful, after all, is the traditional culture.

Is it the government? But here we go...The Jews...:rolleyes:

good.

That burden should not fall upon the government. A free media mean many biases. Some are deliberately falsehoods. Some are accidental non-truths. Some are fair. Some are unbalanced. And some can even be slanderous. But none of those should come from external enforcement but from internal compulsion. Let the liar exposed himself and let the truthteller argue against the liar.

Nope it very much falls upon the government. Media bias is just one of a few. They can influence and dictate media in a number of ways.
For instance during a war, who and what gets ‘embedded’?
The army control over where the reporters go, who they talk to and to some extent control what people say. Corruption, bribery or threats on the upper levels can also be used to control media.

Right...In other words, you are arguing that my house is no different than that of a prison cell.

You can say that. But I am talking about it being on a larger scale. As in your entire life is on radar. Everything you do and everywhere you go can be traced. Similar to being electronically tagged. So yes your freedom is restricted and beomces much more restricted should you go against your governments wishes. Therefore further proves that there is no such thing as a 'free society' in the 'free world'.

Nope it very much falls upon the government. Media bias is just one of a few. They can influence and dictate media in a number of ways.
I doubt that you actually believe in governmental control of the media. The reason you argue this way is not because you actually believe in the idea but that you have this absurd need for Chinese solidarity in trying to put on a 'good' face for the Chinese government control of the Chinese media.

For instance during a war, who and what gets ‘embedded’?
The army control over where the reporters go, who they talk to and to some extent control what people say. Corruption, bribery or threats on the upper levels can also be used to control media.
That hardly constitute 'media control'. The US government does not control Fox News or MSNBC, the latter is practically an Obama mouthpiece even before he became President.

You can say that. But I am talking about it being on a larger scale. As in your entire life is on radar. Everything you do and everywhere you go can be traced. Similar to being electronically tagged. So yes your freedom is restricted and beomces much more restricted should you go against your governments wishes. Therefore further proves that there is no such thing as a 'free society' in the 'free world'.
Of course you have to expand the definition of a dictatorship and again this has more to do with putting on unified front with your Chinese brothers, not because you actually believe it.

I doubt that you actually believe in governmental control of the media. The reason you argue this way is not because you actually believe in the idea but that you have this absurd need for Chinese solidarity in trying to put on a 'good' face for the Chinese government control of the Chinese media.

Nope it is just a simple way to say there is no such thing as freedom.

That hardly constitute 'media control'. The US government does not control Fox News or MSNBC, the latter is practically an Obama mouthpiece even before he became President.

Obama himself is a chess piece used to distract the public. There are more influencial people behind him who backs people like him and his presidential campaigns.

Of course you have to expand the definition of a dictatorship and again this has more to do with putting on unified front with your Chinese brothers, not because you actually believe it.

If that's the way you want to say it then it is fine by me. It goes to show that America itself is very much a dictatorship and everyone there are also under the radar. No different to China. Furthermore, China isn't a democratic country therefore have no need to worry about the so-called 'freedom of press'. Unlike America:

So the closest freedom you can get is Somalia. Where your freedom is also other's freedom. They can kill, rape or steal from you as they please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you frankly that most Chinese people think that India is a failed country, Your sense of superiority will only make us feel funny.

I understand that point of view considering it is force fed by a authoritarian regime on its simple citizens - I certainly don't expect much else from the general Chinese population till they are mature enough to take matters into their own hands

Parents worry about kids' time travel fantasies

As harmless as these time traveling fantasies may sound to children, parents have been frightened to discover "time travel guides" on the Internet. Such guides often instruct prospective time travellers to "run into a car, swallow some gold, jump off cliffs or take excessive amounts of sleeping pills," according to a China Youth Daily report on Monday.

"They are talking about death!" says Liu Liang, father of a teenage girl. Liu says that the time traveling theme makes potentially deadly advice "sound interesting and mythical".

But these supposedly humorous bits of advice had resulted in real-life tragedy.

A 12-year-old girl in Beijing who jumped off a building last year left behind a letter complaining about her school life and disclosed her wish to travel back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD), according to a newspaper report.

A 12-year-old girl in Beijing who jumped off a building last year left behind a letter complaining about her school life and disclosed her wish to travel back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD), according to a newspaper report.

These things happen when history is over glorified and appears better than the present times.

Someone should have explained to the poor child.

It is indeed a sad thing to have happened.

These things happen when history is over glorified and appears better than the present times.

Someone should have explained to the poor child.

It is indeed a sad thing to have happened.

Ray, have you ever watched any of the Chinese time travel TV shows before you accused us of glorifying history?

On one hand you criticised China for banning the time travel TV shows; on the other hand, you are also mocking us for making these time travel TV shows. So what is your attitude towards the time travel tv shows? Are you suffering from some kind of dual personalities?

Back
Top Bottom