What's new

Chinese J-20 a powerful competitor to American F-22 & Russian T-50

F-117 actually had pitiful armament as a bomber with only two hardpoints and is only for anti-ground missions.
It was only intended for high value and strategic targets, and is nuclear capable. It does not have a radar.

F-117 actually had pitiful armament as a bomber with only two hardpoints and is only for anti-ground missions.
It was only intended for high value and strategic targets, and is nuclear capable. It does not have a radar.

B-2 plays the Heavy bomber role

Kind of a waste of money, they buillt 64 of them 42 million each, just to retire them of service after fighting countries like Iraq, when a F-15E could've done the job:argh:. They're probrably going to be put into service again if another major conflict happens again, right?

One thing for sure that the Russians have better written English than Indian friends.

So far, I think no one in the world thinks of T-50 as stealth fighter except Sukhoi's fanboys who don't know the first thing about military and those brainwashed Indian tax payers. Suknoi knows everything about it and seems to sit well with it. My guess is that Sukhoi is just trying to cash in on the T-50 project by ripping off Indians and secretly develop the truly stealthy 5th generation fighter for Russia's exclusive use on the side.

Last edited:
t-50 a stealth fighter without DSI,WIthout S shape intakes

intakes engines blades are exposed and they are calling it a stealth fighter..lol

And bubble canopy..a 40 years old tech.i think they dnt knw what stealth fighter characteristics are

I would advise all our friends to be patient. A plane is two things always

First, a flying machine, and its performance as such is always important.
Second, A weapons system, and again its performance as such is supremely important.

in a few years from now all these planes will be roaming the skies in their production versions, and then we will know what is what.

truth is we all have only seen some (and only some) elements of the F22s flying abilities.
We are all here ignorant as to how exactly the F22 behaves in battle. we have not received any training on an F22 nor have we flown in one during a mission.
Even less on the F35.

The T50 and the J20 are nothing but the very very first examples of their families. Each one may turn out to be the supreme ruler of the skies for the next 20 years. We simply don't know.

It is funny when keyboard pilots and keyboard aeronautics engineers comment on A SUPERSONIC JET FIGHTER ! as if it is something you can do in photoshop or as simply as creating a web site or the like.

A lot of very very clever people, have spent thousands of hours designing every single little detail of those planes. You seem to think they don't know what they are doing ! as if you could do a better job yourselves.

calm down and allow time to show us what they intended to do with their designs.

and remember, every little thing that happens here, advances aviation a little bit further still.

Kind of a waste of money, they buillt 64 of them 42 million each, just to retire them of service after fighting countries like Iraq, when a F-15E could've done the job:argh:. They're probrably going to be put into service again if another major conflict happens again, right?
More like air defenses everywhere, including China, wondered if they wasted their monies...:D

J-20 is the first and the lastest answer to the western pacific US air dominance ( via F-22 and F-35) from the second largest and the fastest growing economy in the world;

whereas T-50 is Ruskies’ over-confident “magic” for 5 billion quick Indian bucks.

J-20 is a head and a shoulder above T-50(provided that WS-15 is delivered as promised) . Case closed. You don’t need to be an expert to tell that.

Although Ruskie designers and Russian members here will never admit it publicly, in reality T-50 is a “4++ gen Stealthy Su-30” with an internal weapon bay, 2 rudders, a copy-paste F-22 wings and a new engine. Vollà, a "5th gen"! :rofl:

OK, slightly better than Eurofighter and Rafale, but nothing more than that. A good value for 5 billion Indian bucks though with which Ruskies use to develop their own next engine tech :rofl:

“Want to add a bubble canopy, Delhi? No problem, better prepare another 200 million for wire transfer in advance..” :lol:

Do you really think with 5 billion bucks Mexico or Nigeria could buy F-22 Raptor , as smarty Indians did in "the best Russian 5th gen" deal ? you gotta be dreaming :rofl:

Rusikies would in time come up with their own 5th gen called Su-50 or Su-60 probably. – not for sale! 5 billion bucks? get real, even that Russian Chelsea football club owner is worth more than that.

T-50 would have had been what China ended up with if she had participated the Russian program. China knew beforehand that she could get it done better herself and therefore rejected the offer. Then there went Indians… Who said that the decision-making determined by the innate average IQ is not important ? :rofl:

We can argue all day about the merits of J-20, but all J-20 needs to achieve is near parity with the F-22 to deter american adventurism in east asia. The entire american military strategy is dependent on achieving overwhelming dominance vis as vis their opponent, as in the gulf war or the 2003 iraq war.

Overwhelming dominance is necessary because the american government and the american people are at odds over foreign policy. The former wants to dominate every country in the world, while the latter wants domestic security and economic development.

Thus, any war must be quick, bloodless (for the american troops), and separate from the domestic reality on home soil.

With the J-20, which can potentially take on any stealth fighters the americans and japan send at them, with the DF-21, which can disable any carriers which sail near China's coast, China is able to strike directly at these American weaknesses. Any war with China has the potential to become protracted, costly, and will come at a heavy loss of American lives.

Consequently, with a fraction of the American defence budget, China is able to secure its territory and protect the security of its citizens.

Whatever "final configuration" T-50 will have, the Russians simply don't have the money to get there. And Indian money won't help much if you combine it with Indian bureaucratic FUBAR.

We can argue all day about the merits of J-20, but all J-20 needs to achieve is near parity with the F-22 to deter american adventurism in east asia. The entire american military strategy is dependent on achieving overwhelming dominance vis as vis their opponent, as in the gulf war or the 2003 iraq war.

Overwhelming dominance is necessary because the american government and the american people are at odds over foreign policy. The former wants to dominate every country in the world, while the latter wants domestic security and economic development.

Thus, any war must be quick, bloodless (for the american troops), and separate from the domestic reality on home soil.

With the J-20, which can potentially take on any stealth fighters the americans and japan send at them, with the DF-21, which can disable any carriers which sail near China's coast, China is able to strike directly at these American weaknesses. Any war with China has the potential to become protracted, costly, and will come at a heavy loss of American lives.

Consequently, with a fraction of the American defence budget, China is able to secure its territory and protect the security of its citizens

I think I've heard something similar from a rtd Navy officer

Thanks for the interesting report by BD’s Far East reporter Zachary Hosford. Not wanting to be the skunk that spoils the lawn party I am curious about the purpose of such meetings between the military’s of both nations. Firstly, what is the ostensible objective for these talks? Secondly, what leverage do we have considering a dollar of Chinese military spending probably forces four or five dollars of American military spending (borrowed from China?) to offset growing Chinese capabilities?

My gut tells me the latter point is the real reason for Gates desire to engage the Chinese thus likely answering the first point. Gates observes the slow motion economic unraveling overtaking our country and likely realizes that the Chinese enjoy a distinct asymmetrical advantage in the impact of their defense spending upon America’s ability to fund our own armed forces future needs. Not being fools why would the Chinese want to alter this very favorable return on their defense investment?

Personally, I think Gates is the right man for this job and I wish him well on this endeavor and hope he succeeds. But I just don’t see what kind of an incentive the U.S. can offer to the Chinese in order for them to sacrifice an advantage? Notice how little success we are having in getting them just to modestly revalue the yaun? Why should they? The new rising China has normal nationalistic impulses of its own and a desire to become the dominant hegemonic power of East Asia and I just don’t see how we can alter that ambition while our own economic health is suffering from arterial sclerosis

Back
Top Bottom