What's new

Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance

You have no idea how embarrassing this is for you.

Clear to explain how an IR sensor is able to tell the difference between a cold missile that is close to the IR sensor and a hot missile that is far away?

The interceptor and the platform launch radar form a bi-static configuration. The platform radar has superior effective radar power and therefore will produce target resolutions for the interceptor. If you do not understand this 'bi-static' configuration then you are out of your league here.

I understand this all too well, but the platform launch location can only be determined by tracking during the boosting phase.

The patriot missile first reads the SCUD during boosting phase to determine where to fire the radar platform.

This will not work on ballistic missiles that are intermediate range or above as the firing platform will be too far from the radar systems

Any ballistic missile that does not dead drop its payload will be a deceptive maneuver.

There are many ways this can be done, but one simple way would be to insert random number generator with a controlled range into a gyroscope controller and then fixing the trajectory so that it hits the target.

If you do not understand gyroscopes this video shows what they do

YouTube - ‪Gyro monorail by Akubi L.R. (part 2)‬‎

The same device is present in missiles and by making controller adjustments you can change the balance of the missile

Give our viet-commie some respect, according to him, he used to be a "Ground crew" of the USAF in the "cold war" era.:rofl::rofl:

I want to see the source for that copy/paste job.

I probably understand it better than you do.

Source?

Basic control system engineering? Any engineer should be able to understand how sensors control process

Read this again, making a deceptive controller for a missile is EASIER than building a ballistic missile itself

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ps-zP5Tfw&sig2=a9QEYKkQwx1bZmAOmOBWpQ&cad=rja

The technical performance of the American ABM system is dubious. None of the few tests has been realistic operational exercises. Moreover, a very substantial fraction of these tests have resulted in failures, not because of fundamental design flaws but because of insufficient quality control needed by complex systems. The items which failed in these tests had functioned previously. The test missile trajectories were known beforehand, and the target missiles did not employ any decoys or other means of deceptive tactics to defeat the ABM system. Technically such decoys are considerably easier to produce than the missile itself; therefore, any nation capable of ballistic missile delivery against the United States could also employ countermeasures adequate to render the United States ABM system useless.

Technically such decoys are considerably easier to produce than the missile itself

Clear to explain how an IR sensor is able to tell the difference between a cold missile that is close to the IR sensor and a hot missile that is far away?
A cold missile? :rofl: A missile with a flame plume is 'cold' against space? :rofl: And an IR sensor will be unable to tell the contrast...!!! This is unbelievably entertaining.

I understand this all too well, but the platform launch location can only be determined by tracking during the boosting phase.
No...You do not understand what is a 'bi-static' radar configuration, which is a very important applied concept.

The patriot missile first reads the SCUD during boosting phase to determine where to fire the radar platform.
Wrong. The interceptor missile, which is the Patriot missile itself, cannot detect the Scud during its boost phase. See if you can figure out why.

I will not bother with the rest of your gibberish.

Basic control system engineering? Any engineer should be able to understand how sensors control process
Then consider me stupid. Now give the forum sources for these 'deceptive maneuvers' you are talking about.

Give our viet-commie some respect, according to him, he used to be a "Ground crew" of the USAF in the "cold war" era.:rofl::rofl:
You should give me that respect. At least it is a hell of a lot more experience than you have here...:lol:

highly entertaining thread.

@gambit. would you care to add some more details about the terms you use. because to outsiders using only jargon looks like a cover up.

Really?? he was ground crew of a USAF?

And he calls himself an ENGINEER!??!?

No wonder he doesn't understand basic principles of physics or as he calls it chinese physics

Who know, personally i don't trust viet-commie, even its true, its kind of out dated though.
Buddy, let me remind you, you are getting on his nerve, he is running out of copy and paste material from other US defence forums, expecting getting personal, name calling from a self-hating traitor.:partay:

Who know, personally i don't trust viet-commie, even its true, its kind of out dated though.
Buddy, let me remind you, you are getting on his nerve, he is running out of copy and paste material from other US defence forums, expecting getting personal, name calling from a self-hating traitor.:partay:
Nonsense. If anyone who is getting on anyone's nerve, it is I who is getting on you guys' nerves. So far I have yet to see any credible explanation on this DF-21 yet. Sorry, but showing how we are still testing ours does not qualify. And if you are making accusations of plagiarism, be honest and show evidence...:D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom