What's new

Chinese mobile-maker Xiaomi may move its operations from India to Pakistan after Indian govt freezes its assets worth $676M

Yes, Indians are also very cheap.

In 2021, Xiaomi sold 40.1 million mobile phones in India, with a total sales of 1.12 billion dollars. The average price is $279 per phone. So let me correct you. You Indians will still choose Xiaomi for mobile phones worth more than 200 dollars.
This is a false figure. I have never seen expensive Chinese phone in anyone's hand. People who are looking to flaunt their lifestyle will choose between Samsung/Apple or recently Nothing Phone. No 4th option. OnePlus got some premium features in the middle, but it's gone now, they failed to keep brand value.

IMG_20221007_155857.jpg

The most expensive brand value Chinese phone is back to $250 business.

Last edited:
Yes, Indians are also very cheap.

In 2021, Xiaomi sold 40.1 million mobile phones in India, with a total sales of 1.12 billion dollars. The average price is $279 per phone. So let me correct you. You Indians will still choose Xiaomi for mobile phones worth more than 200 dollars.

Indians will choose Samsung only when they buy mobile phones for $300 to $500.
Look, Xiaomi has a good thing going on India. They tried to play smart and ended up getting flagged. If they leave, i really doubt there would be any visible impact on the smartphone market in India except lack of options. But that gap usually gets filled very fast. Where there’s a market, there’s always going to be someone ready to make a play.

They should really make good on this threat and move to Pakistan 😂

Go on, we dare you.

This is a false figure. I have never seen expensive Chinese phone in anyone's hand. People who are looking to flaunt their lifestyle will choose between Samsung/Apple or recently Nothing Phone. No 4th option.
That's because Indians are cheap and you don't buy expensive mobile phones. For example, in 2021, only 5.4 million mobile phones with a price of more than 500 dollars have sold in India. In 2021, 109.56 million mobile phones with a price of more than 500 dollars have sold in China.

They should do that, chinese companies should get away from indian snakes, who cares what poor slum indian consumers.
My first smart phone was Xiomi. Great product 👌 and it was sold out in hours when it was launched. If they could follow rules and pay taxes, they will have great future. They have potential to become next samsung.

This is a false figure. I have never seen expensive Chinese phone in anyone's hand. People who are looking to flaunt their lifestyle will choose between Samsung/Apple or recently Nothing Phone. No 4th option. OnePlus got some premium features in the middle, but it's gone now, they failed to keep brand value.

View attachment 885292
The most expensive brand value Chinese phone is back to $250 business.
I remind you. The main high-end mobile phone brand in China is Huawei. Huawei's high-end mobile phones usually sell for 5000CNY to 10000CNY ($700 to $1400). Oneplus is not a high-end mobile phone.

IMG_20221007_184457.jpg

I remind you. The main high-end mobile phone brand in China is Huawei. Huawei's high-end mobile phones usually sell for 5000CNY to 10000CNY ($700 to $1400). Oneplus is not a high-end mobile phone.

View attachment 885302
Huawei is banned worldwide, so can't say about that. But even for Chinese people, those looking for 1k bucks mobile phones would look for iPhones.

What does this tell you, then? You're practically saying that "Indians are cheap" but wording it differently.
There is a purchasing power parity for low income countries. But even in America, Chinese brands are sold because they are cheap otherwise it's Apple or Samsung, now don't call the Americans cheap because they buy a few hundred of Chinese phones for being cheap.

The main high-end mobile phone brand in China is Huawei. Huawei's high-end mobile phones
Hasn’t US almost destroyed it’s appeal outside China? Any chance of it regaining its markets outside China?

Hasn’t US almost destroyed it’s appeal outside China? Any chance of it regaining its markets outside China?
US won't tolerate a brand which wants to create it's own eco-system and monopoly. Chinese mobiles are good as long as they are using Android.

The main high-end mobile phone brand in China is Huawei. Huawei's high-end mobile phones
Hasn’t US almost destroyed it’s appeal outside China? Any chance of it regaining its market outside China?
That's because Indians are cheap
Xiaomi doesn’t sell in China? Corollary- Chinese people don’t buy Xiaomi because they are not cheap people?

Huawei is banned worldwide, so can't say about that. But even for Chinese people, those looking for 1k bucks mobile phones would look for iPhones.

There is a purchasing power parity for low income countries. But even in America, Chinese brands are sold because they are cheap otherwise it's Apple or Samsung, now don't call the Americans cheap because they buy a few hundred of Chinese phones for being cheap.
Huawei has a better price performance ratio among mobile phones above 700 dollars. In particular, the 5G performance and camera function are excellent. Apple has an advantage in mobile phones above 1000 dollars. But the real top business mobile phones (more than 20k CNY&3k dollars) are almost Huawei.

BTW: If Huawei can compete fairly with Apple abroad, Apple's sales will be reduced by at least 50%.

IMG_20221007_191910.jpg

Huawei has a better price performance ratio among mobile phones
I have nothing against Huawei or Xiaomi. In fact I have bought both of them at some point. And might again. Xiaomi gives tremendous value proposition hence its success in many markets.
Huawei has fallen from favour due to software issues globally. Xiaomi is digging its own grave by tax evasions in India.

I would welcome any company setting up a business in India. That would provide jobs to Indians. Help creating an ecosystem of manufacturing.

But everyone needs to follow the law of the land. If they can’t, they can shift to hell, for all I care.

It’s hilarious that not even one Chinese flag has accepted that Xiaomi may have done some wrong and finally law should prevail.
That’s why I call them blind bats, Papa Xi’s bots and few other names that they have earned by their hard work.

I have nothing against Huawei or Xiaomi. In fact I have bought both of them at some point. And might again. Xiaomi gives tremendous value proposition hence its success in many markets.
Huawei has fallen from favour due to software issues globally. Xiaomi is digging its own grave by tax evasions in India.

I would welcome any company setting up a business in India. That would provide jobs to Indians. Help creating an ecosystem of manufacturing.

But everyone needs to follow the law of the land. If they can’t, they can shift to hell, for all I care.

It’s hilarious that not even one Chinese flag has accepted that Xiaomi may have done some wrong and finally law should prevail.
That’s why I call them blind bats, Papa Xi’s bots and few other names that they have earned by their hard work.
Xiaomi has performed well in China's low-end mobile phone market. Chinese people also like millet. Huawei just drove Samsung out of the Chinese market.

Back
Top Bottom