What's new

Chinese Navy To surpass U.S navy by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
This report sounds being prepared for the request of US navy budget.

Though PLAN is growing fast, which I think is necessary, I suspect in 5 year that “surpass” will happen: US navy has busted 3 pirate heads; PLAN is busy preparing ransom for the pirates.

Shall we call a spade its proper name?

This report sounds being prepared for the request of US navy budget.

Though PLAN is growing fast, which I think is necessary, I suspect in 5 year that “surpass” will happen: US navy has busted 3 pirate heads; PLAN is busy preparing ransom for the pirates.

Shall we call a spade its proper name?

Will I agree with you that the Chinese navy will not be able to match the U.S in just 5 years. I think 30 years will be a better estimate. However the Somali pirates situtaion has nothing to do with this though, for both technical and political reasons. The Chinese government will not risk the lives of the crew as well as its standing in Africa.

no one can cchallenge us navy within next 50 years

no one can cchallenge us navy within next 50 years
agree,CN don't need to surpass U.S navy to finish two main tasks :1.deter any military intervention in a Taiwan contingency
2.break through the first island chain
different cases,1 hostage :26 hostages,i think we need at least one AC cruising in gulf of aden for the emergency like this

Last edited:
Building flat-tops is only part of that equation, assuming that the technical hurdles of that can be overcome. Indigenous ship design is not established overnight.

Nor are the associated air-wings. Flight operations conducted 24/7 in all-weather conditions is a real world problem that challenges the American navy daily. It is also an easily diminished skill in the absence of constant real-world operations.

We don't practice. When we deploy, our carriers cruise fully prepared for combat and each mission flown (with rare exception) fits into a real-world requirement or profile.

Those pilots are the best we have as the requirements to land on a pitching deck with 20knot crosswinds isn't easily replicated in the tranquil waters of the East China Sea on a good day. You need to operate from the WORST weather conditions, at night, with full combat-loads to know if you're GETTING there.

Oh, and once started, you'd best not stop. Ask the Royal Navy how quickly they could regain their CVN skills even if they had the ships. Massive investment with massive lead times before you begin to reap the benefits.

As to the best navy in Asia-my money is on Japan after the USN.

Trust me, though. We have a GREAT interest in what the PLAN has envisioned and eagerly await watching their development grow as their treasury is drained.

VERY expensive.

Yup.

Thanks.:usflag:

Building flat-tops is only part of that equation, assuming that the technical hurdles of that can be overcome. Indigenous ship design is not established overnight.

Nor are the associated air-wings. Flight operations conducted 24/7 in all-weather conditions is a real world problem that challenges the American navy daily. It is also an easily diminished skill in the absence of constant real-world operations.

We don't practice. When we deploy, our carriers cruise fully prepared for combat and each mission flown (with rare exception) fits into a real-world requirement or profile.

Those pilots are the best we have as the requirements to land on a pitching deck with 20knot crosswinds isn't easily replicated in the tranquil waters of the East China Sea on a good day. You need to operate from the WORST weather conditions, at night, with full combat-loads to know if you're GETTING there.

Oh, and once started, you'd best not stop. Ask the Royal Navy how quickly they could regain their CVN skills even if they had the ships. Massive investment with massive lead times before you begin to reap the benefits.

As to the best navy in Asia-my money is on Japan after the USN.

Trust me, though. We have a GREAT interest in what the PLAN has envisioned and eagerly await watching their development grow as their treasury is drained.

VERY expensive.

Yup.

Thanks.:usflag:
These guys are so desperately gullible they will discard these annoying details and believe ANYTHING the Chinese government say.

These guys are so desperately gullible they will discard these annoying details and believe ANYTHING the Chinese government say.

we leave the title to you vietnamese......

the other side of the Earth,lots of guys still believe the "oxygen tank=biological weapons"......

we leave the title to you vietnamese......

lots of guys still believe the "oxygen tank=biological weapons"......
It does not work. When I poke fun at the Chinese military, I do it as an American citizen and veteran. Try again.

It does not work. When I poke fun at the Chinese military, I do it as an American citizen and veteran. Try again.
an American citizen with "Vietnam” petty-minded ,hate china simply because CPC stopped Vietnam military expansion

an American citizen with "Vietnam” petty-minded ,hate china simply because CPC stopped Vietnam military expansion

Brother, are you referring to a country used to call South-Vietnam on

the world map ? :china::cheers::china:

It is pretty sad for you and your child-pal there. When I criticize China, I do not drag your nationality into this. I criticize China based upon the character -- communist -- of the country. Grow up.

Well, if an old folk like you still enjoying "Poke Fun" at Chinese military,

Whats wrong for a child like me to "Poke Fun"

BTW, do you consider Chinese as a nationality ? if so, your so-called

never drag nationality into your debate was way off the chart !!

:smitten::pakistan::china:

It is pretty sad for you and your child-pal there. When I criticize China, I do not drag your nationality into this. I criticize China based upon the character -- communist -- of the country. Grow up.

you criticized what?is it about chinese celebrate national day?is it about "only chinese govt and media do the propaganda"? your point is more than "pretty sad" ........it's pathetic.capitalism finished the "brainwash" work before communist achieve this goal,there is no "angel party" in this world,most chinese is smart enough to identify the propaganda,people like you never do..... yeah, grow up

^^ In addition what about aircraft inventory of the US navy. there is no match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom