What's new

COAS attends Al Khalid-1 handing over ceromony as CG at HIT - ISPR

Nice development. It would be interesting to know what ukranian systems have been employed on the tank.

This is a completely new tank :)
upload_2020-7-28_20-16-48.png

Correct me if i'm wrong but have they taken the reactive armour off? Eg it's different compared to this:
upload_2020-7-28_20-19-21.png

Symbol of ****-China-Ukraine friendship Tank Al Khalid-I handed over to Pakistan army’s Armoured Corps Regiment
By
Mati
-
July 28, 2020

RAWALPINDI, : The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) on Tuesday and as the Chief Guest attended the handing over ceremony of Tank Al Khalid-I, a symbol of Pakistan-China-Ukraine friendship, to Armoured Corps Regiment, the Dispatch News Desk (DND) news agency reported.

During the ceremony, the Tank Al Khalid-I, which is a joint venture with friendly Countries China and Ukraine, displayed some of its outstanding capabilities including mobility, speed, Bi-axis gun stabilization of the control system and use of smoke screen to mask movement.

Tank-Al-Khalid-I-1-1.jpg

Al Khalid-I will be handed over to formations which have critical and decisive role during the war, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

The Chairman HIT Major General Syed Aamer Raza highlighted the ongoing projects, achievements of HIT and its contribution in defence industry by pursuing self-reliance.

The COAS expressed his confidence, satisfaction and appreciation for HIT’s state of the art products and capabilities.

This is a completely new tank :)
View attachment 656402

Correct me if i'm wrong but have they taken the reactive armour off? Eg it's different compared to this:
View attachment 656403
The reactive armor is applied later. You can see mounts for it on the entire Hull, reactive armor isn’t always mounted during peacetime either due to it being basically an explosive and hence poses some danger to people outside.

Also I do not believe this is the first batch of AK-1s, but maybe the first batch of properly serially produced AK-1s? Or the first batch in a while? Not sure there.

A beauty of and the beast combined. Congratulations everyone. A good day to see AK-1 deploying for the service.
:pakistan:

I think the further treat is not mentioned in the tweet but never mind.
This should keep me cool for a while now at least :yahoo:

Note the ERA bricks all around the turret of the tank in the later part of the video. Good to see that. ‘hopefully someone like dazzler can do a full analysis of all the new things, if any, visible in the video, especially the interior.

Eye Candy Tom Foolery Only.

Purchase of VT4 has announced the death of future of AK Program.

very please to see our engineers are producing modern state of the art equipment for our defense forces

Back
Top Bottom