What's new

Colombo and its new look !

Kirrish Colombo by India hummm

What may be Chinese thinking now? :D

Destiny towers (Pakistan project)- 44 floors

If Pakistanis are doing such a project why can't we Indians are not doing anything such in Sri Lanka. Here comes the Indians.. :D

You are an Indian??

When Pakistan involves with 2 tower project, India involves with 4 tower project. :D
When Indians do 4 tower project, China wants to make entire mini city in Sri Lanka. lol Don't you guys think we Sri Lankans are bit lucky? :partay:

Colombo port city project by China. Brand new island by China

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyline - I was there in Colombo back in the 90s and I would say, even then (during the war years), Colombo was much cleaner than whatever I have seen on the subcontinent. And I always say this, had it not been for the war that bled your nation's resources, COLOMBO would have rubbed shoulders and been mentioned in the same breadth of Singapore / KL / Jakarta/ Bangkok / Taipei ( I mention these cities because of the era (80s) and the density of Colombo vis-a-vis these cities + the tropical architecture.

As an Indian who have visited your nation, am glad, VERY glad to see the developments your city is making . An example indeed. Way to go guys !!!

This is how GoSL converting former war zone areas lifestyle.

Singapore to invest US$ 4 billion in Sri Lanka's Eastern Province

Sept 04, Colombo: A Singapore based company will invest US$ 4 billion within the next seven years to set up an Industrial Park in Sri Lanka's Eastern Province, the government said.

The Sri Lankan Cabinet has approved the mega project to be completed in Sampur in Trincomalee by the Singapore based Gateway Worldwide Group.

Singapore-based Gateway Worldwide Group will complete the mega project in three phases to facilitate heavy industries, mainly from Singapore, and self-facilitate infrastructure and other requirements for operations without the government having to provide them.

more: Sri Lanka : Singapore company to invest US$ 4 billion in Sri Lanka\'s Eastern Province

That would be Islamabad which is ~350 square miles in size, Colombo is a mere 14.4 square miles in size.

on topic: Good improvement by Sri Lanka, hire more architects and urban planners.

Colombo district is 247 square miles and you see this cleanliness through out the district..or throughout the countrty.
Population is 0.7 m not far behind Islamabad`s 1.1m..population of the district is 2.5 million.Colombo`s economy is several times the size of Islabad`s economy and GDP per capita is almost 10 times more (~$14,000)

add to that has the best living conditions in SA

116.jpg

galadari_night.jpg

city-of-colombo.jpg

SNF24COL2-_1534428a.jpg

nice development.im happy for srilankans

Colombo district is 247 square miles and you see this cleanliness through out the district..or throughout the countrty.
Population is 0.7 m not far behind Islamabad`s 1.1m..population of the district is 2.5 million.Colombo`s economy is several times the size of Islabad`s economy and GDP per capita is almost 10 times more (~$14,000)

add to that has the best living conditions in SA

Google shows Colombo is 14.41 square miles in size, that's nowhere near what your claiming.

In Colombo, Sri Lanka’s capital and largest city, around half of the city’s 650,000 residents live in informal settlements: 33 per cent have limited access to clean water and 39 per cent have limited access to a decent toilet.

Slums and urban poverty in Sri Lanka - Homeless International

Islamabad has better living conditions, better infrastructure, cleanliness, better climate, greenery, larger city, etc. Also I read government of Sri Lanka decided to evict the poor from Colombo so go figure, you can google this...

Google shows Colombo is 14.41 square miles in size, that's nowhere near what your claiming.

Islamabad has better living conditions, better infrastructure, cleanliness, better climate, greenery, larger city, etc. Also I read government of Sri Lanka decided to evict the poor from Colombo so go figure, you can google this...

Buddy, facts in your website are hard to believe. Can you verify the date of the article?

Colombo district is 247 sqm you can easily see that in a map ! Islamabad`s living standards`s are no where near that of Colombo or any Sri Lankan city.Pakistan is way behind in every socio-economic indicator (i can write a list if you want) as well as the cleanliness.

poverty rate of 10% in colombo district is high according to Sri Lankan standards (national rate is 6% as of 2012) but still lot better than rest of South Asia including Pakistan where 40% of the people live under $1 per day

Even those slums are not comparable to what you get in rest of SA. abject poverty almost doesn`t exist here any more and even those people live in slums (slums by SL standards) go to school , get free healthcare and never heard them die in hunger.

+ AS AZIZAM stated facts in your website are hard to believe.

`33 per cent have limited access to clean water`

This and the facts about sanitation are utter rubbish.Even the national average is lot better than this and Colombo is above national average

cnight1.jpg

3079456081_22d71f3707.jpg

360135986_640.jpg

Night Race :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom