What's new

Colombo and its new look !

1350565342_Colombo.JPG

11.JPG

This is what peace in a country can do! And it helps to be an island nation. Imagine if the modern day SL was land connected to the Sub-continent? The result would be likely over-population and the misery all too common in the rest of the SA countries.

However, I am not sure going the route of the so-called gleaming places like Singapore or Bangkok is the way for SL or for any other SA countries. My personal preference would be more like Bhutan. Develop a nation with high Gross National Happiness instead of high GDP.. A balance must be found even if SL is not a wealthy country as a result.

Nice pictures of Colombo.It is so clean.Bless the leaders of Sri Lanka for quickly transforming the country.PRIDE OF SOUTH ASIA

This is what peace in a country can do! And it helps to be an island nation. Imagine if the modern day SL was land connected to the Sub-continent? The result would be likely over-population and the misery all too common in the rest of the SA countries.

However, I am not sure going the route of the so-called gleaming places like Singapore or Bangkok is the way for SL or for any other SA countries. My personal preference would be more like Bhutan. Develop a nation with high Gross National Happiness instead of high GDP.. A balance must be found even if SL is not a wealthy country as a result.

Agreed but I don't think it is possible to develop the nation in Bhutan's model but we can promote harmony and peace with development. If we don't develop the country fast when we have the chance, another problem would come and drag the country backwards so I think the current plan is ideal according to the circumstances.

Sri Lankans are naturally competitive and tend to dominate each other. This is the reason for most of the unhappiness there :D

Por que no los dos! (Why not both!)

Back
Top Bottom