What's new

Communication link with Chandrayaan lost

To BEZERK on "Some critics regard the space programme as a waste of resources in a country where millions still lack basic services."

Then why pakistan is sending satellite that to with the help of other country.
Don't wary about india,its our money and we know how to use it.
Research and development, and technology never go waste..
To develop any Field,you need study of that Field.
Its a space science,its not that easy.

he is not saying anything by himself he has quoted an article cant u see the link below go to fight with BBC, dont make this thread another bashing thread

To BEZERK on "Some critics regard the space programme as a waste of resources in a country where millions still lack basic services."

This has nothing to do with Pakistan. The poster has merely posted a news article from BBC website. BBC has been overtly critical about the moon mission since Chandrayaan was launched. Maybe, they don't want to see their past colonial slaves overtaking them in Science & Technology in the future. Probably, the feeling of unfulfilment somewhere and the lost legacy is now pinching the british in their behinds. OTOH, If you had noticed CNN, Fox news actually praised India's effort.

Science, Technology and space is nobody's legacy that one can monopolize. Every growing nation needs a vision and self belief in its people. Chandrayaan mission did exactly that for us. Inspite of poverty, we also have a huge array of scientists, technicians, engineers who wish to compete with their counterparts elsewhere and wish to see their nation rise to higher enchelons in technology. Their desire and effort needs to be rewarded and encouraged as they are ones who will hold the beacon of light for the new India.

BBC or the matter of fact any critic can take their criticism & suck it up for all we care. Come 2012, Chandrayaan II will certainly blast off towards moon once again.

Nothing much to worry.... 95% of the mission targets are achieved(with the cheap a** budget)

Adding to that their is a huge amount of generated experience at our disposal!

Isro is satisfied with this mission so we Indian.
And also foreign country.
Isro got all the information what they wanted............

Overheating of sensor causes malfunction, hope in next mission they will take care of it...

Those aren't my words. Quote "BBC".

So does this mean the mission has basically failed? I'm not talking about achieving targets and such, has the probe been lost?

Chandrayaan-2 will be more advanced and will be designed and engineered with the lessons learned from Chandrayaan-1. Space missions are allways like that........each mission u learn something new. I cant wait to see our lunar rover on moon's surface.

About BBC report: well, the chandrayaan mission was a slap on the face for the Britts. A country they used to rule and plundered for 200yrs and considered backward, pulled off a lunar mission before their very own eyes. Its so hard for them to cope with that every BBC report on Chandrayaan mission ends up criticizing India and its poverity. All i can tell them is to save their energy for future as its a begining for India.

Let's cut the story short, it was a very sucessful mission and laid a very strong foundation for future missions.

As far as failure of communication is concerned, machines are tends to give problem now and then. YOu can find many examples for satalite failure after succcessfull launch and set in correct orbit.

Following pictures speaks louder than word .."it was a sucussfull mission". We should be proud of it.:yahoo:

30615c64da8e05cc579222f0a5aed0c5.jpg

a4b49abe15638437390228cf5e766dc9.jpg

a58c3e6cbb53f195d1d22a57f86079e3.jpg

well it was supposed to be a 2 year mission, if the mission was to only take a few months they wouldn't have set a 2 year time frame. So it was a partial success at best IMO.

It is possible that all the stated objectives were achieved, but only ISRO can tell us that.

The mission was nonetheless a huge leap for the Indian space program, it must have been a great learning experience as they seem to have another one in the works.

We mustn't be afraid or ashamed to fail, even NASA has had its fair share of failures, I am confident that ISRO will succeed in the future, its probably the most efficient organization in India. Time will tell, here's hoping for the best :cheers:

I think the probe has probably been lost, but lets wait for the official word.

no way its a failure........
we have achieved 95% of our mission........
Chandrayaan-I is a achievement for INDIA,sending a satellite to moon with 95%sucess rate is a achievement that to in first attempt...

some moon mission that failed:

AUG 1958: Pioneer-0 "launch failure of orbit just 77 seconds after liftoff"
SEPT: Luna1958A "failure of impactor shortly after liftoff"
OCT: Pioneer1 "failed to achive lunar trajectory"
OCT: Luna1958B "launch failure"
NOV: Pioneer2 "failed to achieve lunar trajectory"
DEC: Pioneer3 and Luna1958C "launch failed"
APRIL1962: Ranger4 "computer failure"
OCT1962: Ranger5 "failure of solar cell"

so yes chandrayaan1 has not completed it life span but it still not a fail mission...
Look at NASA they are the most successful in this business,they to suffer lots of failure but they learn from their failure and move forward.Same goes to ISRO they have to move with their future plan.....

Chandrayaan-2::tup:

Chandrayaan-2 is the second unmanned lunar exploration mission proposed by ISRO at a projected cost of US$ 90 million.

The mission includes a lunar orbiter as well as a Lander/Rover.

ISRO plans to land a motorised rover on the Moon.

The rover will move on the lunar surface, to pick up soil or rock samples for on site chemical analysis.

Launch date is 30th December 2013 from Sriharikota, India.

Launch vehicle will be GSLV for Chandrayaan-2.

India and Russia have finished the design of a second unmanned lunar orbiter to be sent to the Moon in 2011-2012.

Chandrayaan II will consist of the spacecraft itself and a landing platform with the Moon rover.
:cheers:

Nothing much to worry.... 95% of the mission targets are achieved(with the cheap a** budget)

Adding to that their is a huge amount of generated experience at our disposal!

Ohhh crappp.... That number is just for where you are using it, for satisfying your ego.

I would not risk the lives of 3 or 4 indonauts for the proven irresponsibility of people like this.

I think we should not be disappointed at all, it was a brilliant (not to mention the most cost effective one) feat and met its objectives upto a good extent. I am really excited for Chandrayan 2 and am pretty sure that our scientist will do even better next time. As this Sanskrit phrase by someone wiser than me goes-

kshanashaha kanashaschiva vidyam arthancha sadayeth

knowledge and wealth has to be acquired moment-by-moment, bit-by-bit.

Last edited:
no way its a failure........
we have achieved 95% of our mission........
Chandrayaan-I is a achievement for INDIA,sending a satellite to moon with 95%sucess rate is a achievement that to in first attempt...

some moon mission that failed:

AUG 1958: Pioneer-0 "launch failure of orbit just 77 seconds after liftoff"
SEPT: Luna1958A "failure of impactor shortly after liftoff"
OCT: Pioneer1 "failed to achive lunar trajectory"
OCT: Luna1958B "launch failure"
NOV: Pioneer2 "failed to achieve lunar trajectory"
DEC: Pioneer3 and Luna1958C "launch failed"
APRIL1962: Ranger4 "computer failure"
OCT1962: Ranger5 "failure of solar cell"

so yes chandrayaan1 has not completed it life span but it still not a fail mission...
Look at NASA they are the most successful in this business,they to suffer lots of failure but they learn from their failure and move forward.Same goes to ISRO they have to move with their future plan.....

You are doing no good to Chandrayan-I by comparing it with the pre-historic Lunar mission failures. So, my advice is to stick to the present and share with us if anything useful is known to you about our PRESENT mission.

IMO, this project is a splendid success simply because of it being 100% successful technically and one of the most cost effective Lunar Mission till date. In future missions, we certainly will be sending foreign experiments as well which will help bring the cost further down. Bravo ISRO!!

Back
Top Bottom