What's new

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

Al Khalid-1 edges Merkava IV in firepower and mobility..while Merkava IV has better armor and protection system (Israelis are obsessed with soldiers' protection).
What made u think that Al Khalid has better firepower? FCS of Merkava is much better.

What made u think that Al Khalid has better firepower? FCS of Merkava is much better.

Explain maybe? I'm willing to correct myself as stated in my OP.

Explain maybe? I'm willing to correct myself as stated in my OP.
Al Khalid lacks independent panoramic sight of commander, lacks battle management system. I dont think gunners sights and main ballistic computer are comparable either. Israelis are obsessed with long range accurate fire.

Al Khalid lacks independent panoramic sight of commander, lacks battle management system. I dont think gunners sights and main ballistic computer are comparable either. Israelis are obsessed with long range accurate fire.

How many rounds Merkava IV can fire per minute? Any idea?

Also, your knowledge regarding Al Khalid is poor...very poor.

Al-Khalid does have an independent panoramic sight for commander.

Al Khalid lacks battle management system? Are you serious? :undecided:

Al Khalid incorporates an indigenous advance Integrated Battlefield Management System called "Rehbar"...The system is developed by Pakistani HIT (Heavy Industries Taxilla) and Pakistani CARE (Centre for Advanced Research in Engineering).

Even simple wiki read will inform you about all this.....:disagree:

:lol: the thread title is funny. " Pakistani Al Khalid". That's like me making a new thread. "Indian Sukhoi MKI vs F-16" , or " Indian FGFA vs F-35". Making modifications to a Chinese tank and giving it an Arab name hardly makes it at Pakistani tank.

Al Khalid-1 uses indigenous Pakistani gun, it uses indigenous Pakistani-made Integrated Battle-field Management System, it is designed by Pakistani engineers at HIT (Heavy Industries Taxila), it incorporates indigenous Pakistani-made Explosive Armor Reactive (ERA), it fires indigenous Pakistani rounds such as DU Naiza etc, the material used to build this tank is created by Pakistan in Pakistan, the advanced laser detection system used in the tank is indigenous Pakistani system developed by Pakistani company (ATCOP), and so on. Yet this is just a Chinese tank? :lol:

As I can see, you don't have much knowledge regarding tanks etc. Hence you are only trolling without responding to my OP.

By your standard, Merkava IV isn't Israeli too since it uses American Engine , Active Protective System etc. In modern world, no defence system is 100% "Made in home" ...Even F-35 of United States has foreign components. Even Indian "Arjun" tank uses many Israeli systems , German Engine, and so on. I bet you call THAT "indigenous" , eh? :lol:

Kindly, reply on topic and do not derail the thread. You don't have enough knowledge on the subject being discussed. Just sit back , relax, and learn.

Al Khalid lacks independent panoramic sight of commander

It has.

lacks battle management system.

It, does, Rehbar Battle Management System, developed by GIDS.

http://www.gids.com.pk/land

Tank Commander can control UAVs and can communicate & relay data with other assets. Last, time i heard Pakistan was in talks with some Turkish firm for cooperation on BMS for the new batch of AK-II.

I dont think gunners sights and main ballistic computer are comparable either. Israelis are obsessed with long range accurate fire.

During, Azam-e-nau III Al-Khalids took direct hits at max range/high speeds, Day & Night [Its got a full suite of Night vision & Thermal imaging]. HIT, has replaced the Chinese auto loader and the gun in AK-II will be a local one too.

Solid State Autoloader

Al-Khalid has a ROF of 9 rounds/Min, what about Merkava?

In, my personal opinion Ak series is more comparable with the T-90 and Chinese Type-99 series.

BMS
OjRFM.jpg

Category : Integrated Battle Field Management System (IBMS)
4FSZF.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...type-90-iim-mbt-2000-information-pool-25.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/22400-pa-tanks-comparison-contempory-tanks-23.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...489-al-khalid-mbt-photos-videos-thread-5.html

a lot of variables and info has been posted in these threads -- it would be nice if new members pick up from where the old left

How many rounds Merkava IV can fire per minute? Any idea?
I fired 3 rounds in 10 seconds.

Also, your knowledge regarding Al Khalid is poor...very poor.

Al-Khalid does have an independent panoramic sight for commander.
Can u show it on pic? I simply made an image search for Al Khalid and all tanks were without commanders sight.

Al Khalid lacks battle management system? Are you serious? :undecided:

Al Khalid incorporates an indigenous advance Integrated Battlefield Management System called "Rehbar"...The system is developed by Pakistani HIT (Heavy Industries Taxilla) and Pakistani CARE (Centre for Advanced Research in Engineering).
Again any pic?

I fired 3 rounds in 10 seconds.

You are/were a part of IDF? Do they give you a chance to fire rounds from tanks during your post-highschool 3 year compulsory military training/service?

Also, are you saying that Merkava IV's ROF is 18 rounds per minute? :what:

Any source?

Can u show it on pic? I simply made an image search for Al Khalid and all tanks were without commanders sight.

Again any pic?

Well I don't know what you are looking for. The official manufacturers of the tank list all these systems as operational in tank.

You are/were a part of IDF? Do they give you a chance to fire rounds from tanks during your post-highschool 3 year compulsory military training/service?
I served as loader in IDF.

Also, are you saying that Merkava IV's ROF is 18 rounds per minute? :what:
3 rounds in 10 seconds against one target. Obviously when u change targets ROF is reduced.

Well I don't know what you are looking for. The official manufacturers of the tank list all these systems as operational in tank.
Actually I found one AK with panoramic sight:

Modernization+of+Al-Khalid+Main+Battle+Tank+%2528MBT%2529+PAKISTAN+ARMY+I+II.jpg

This one lacks a thermal camera as far as i can see. Anyhow there is absolutely no reason to say that AK has more firepower than Merkava.

Also when it comes to mobility, hp/weight is not the only factor. Transmission and suspension are not less important for example.

I served as loader in IDF.

3 rounds in 10 seconds against one target. Obviously when u change targets ROF is reduced.

O.K, so what is the general ROF for Merkava IV? Like Arjun can fire 7 rounds per minute, Al Khalid-1 can fire 9 rounds per minute etc. What is this number for Merkava IV?

Also, do you think that greater muzzle velocity provides an advantage in firepower?

Also when it comes to mobility, hp/weight is not the only factor. Transmission and suspension are not less important for example.

True that.

O.K, so what is the general ROF for Merkava IV? Like Arjun can fire 7 rounds per minute, Al Khalid-1 can fire 9 rounds per minute etc. What is this number for Merkava IV?
No, there is no such thing. ROF in minute is quite senseless thing. Since tank needs to change its position every 20 seconds. Average loader can load round in less than 5 seconds.

Also, do you think that greater muzzle velocity provides an advantage in firepower?
Again its one of factors. For example best tank round today M829A3 has muzzle speed of only 1555 m/s.

No, there is no such thing. ROF in minute is quite senseless thing. Since tank needs to change its position every 20 seconds. Average loader can load round in less than 5 seconds.

Again its one of factors. For example best tank round today M829A3 has muzzle speed of only 1555 m/s.

Ok.

So how would you rate Al Khalid-1 and Merkava IV? Keep Protection, Mobility, and Firepower in mind. Assign 10 marks to each category, and then give marks to Merkava-IV and Al Khalid-1 based on the specifications in the OP and your personal insight etc...

Also, since you work with IDF tanks...don't you see 1000+ Egyptian M1A1/M1A2 tanks as a real armor threat to Israel?

Pakistani tank is much much better......reason...there are hundreds of images of destroyed israeli tanks while not a single picture of Pakistani tank....so that proves that even RPG-7 is better than israeli tank.

Back
Top Bottom