What's new

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

Pakistani tank is much much better......reason...there are hundreds of images of destroyed israeli tanks while not a single picture of Pakistani tank....so that proves that even RPG-7 is better than israeli tank.

The Al-Khalid has never seen a war how will it be destroyed?

RPG-7 uses a tandem warhead. It could technically destroy an Abrams with ERA. Al-Khalid.... :lol:

Pakistani tank is much much better......reason...there are hundreds of images of destroyed israeli tanks while not a single picture of Pakistani tank....so that proves that even RPG-7 is better than israeli tank.

Please, don't talk about things you don't know. As I am telling other people too, just sit back , relax , and learn.

EzioAltaïr;3736117 said:
The Al-Khalid has never seen a war how will it be destroyed?

RPG-7 uses a tandem warhead. It could technically destroy an Abrams with ERA. Al-Khalid.... :lol:

Al Khalids have seen brutal war, IEDs, and RPGs of Talibans etc in North-Western Pakistan, during war on terror that we are currently fighting.

Regardless, you didn't need to reply him. I will appreciate your insights on the topic though (Preferably, without many smileys).

Al Khalids have seen brutal war, IEDs, and RPGs of Talibans etc in North-Western Pakistan, during war on terror that we are currently fighting.

Regardless, you didn't need to reply him. I will appreciate your insights on the topic though (Preferably, without many smileys).

I wasn't even aware that they were involved in Wazristan.

EzioAltaïr;3736514 said:
I wasn't even aware that they were involved in Wazristan.

Not only Waziristan necessarily, but SWAT Valley too etc.

One Al-Zarar tank of Pakistan Army was destroyed by multiple RPG-7 hits etc....

This is stupid, al khalid is a medium tank.Its rounds are going to bounce off the heavy merkava's legendary protection.Merkava 4 is comparable only to challenger and abrams.Even better than t-90.U go to any armour forum with real armour experts around and just start this thread.U'll come back to reality.Over patriotism is bad and leads to unnecessary delusions.

hahahhaha man i love ur post seriously may you keep on writing on PDF and make our day

Merkava 4 on armour forums has typically been compared to the leopard series and Abrams. I have never seen any mention of tanks derived from Russian design.

This is stupid

No, its not.

al khalid is a medium tank.Its rounds are going to bounce off the heavy merkava's legendary protection.

Now THIS is stupid...or just exaggeration. Any direct hit from Al Khalid-1 on the "right" spot , and Merkava IV will face severe damage. This bouncing off theory is just toooo exaggerated.
Even better than t-90.

Even Al Khalid is better than T-90S. Forget about Al Khalid-1 that we are discussing here. So your point?

U go to any armour forum with real armour experts around and just start this thread.U'll come back to reality.Over patriotism is bad and leads to unnecessary delusions.

Oh ho baba, there is no patriotism involved in the thread. I just started this thread for fun. Read my OP...Did I write any exaggeration etc?

Ok.

So how would you rate Al Khalid-1 and Merkava IV? Keep Protection, Mobility, and Firepower in mind. Assign 10 marks to each category, and then give marks to Merkava-IV and Al Khalid-1 based on the specifications in the OP and your personal insight etc...
1) Mobility. I don't see any serious difference here. In some terrains AK will have advantage in others Mk4.
2) Firepower. Merkava uses modern Western standard 120-mm gun and FCS. I cant tell FCS of AK. I know that T-90S and T-84 rounds and FCS are weaker than Merkavas.
3) Protection. Merkava has decent front and best side, top, mine protection. AK has weak sides, top and mine protection. Cant tell about AK front, but does not look impressive either. Big advantage of Merkava is Trophy active protection system. Its only tank in the world with such system.

Also, since you work with IDF tanks...don't you see 1000+ Egyptian M1A1/M1A2 tanks as a real armor threat to Israel?
Technically Abrams is very serious opponent. However in Sinai desert it will be very vulnerable to our air force and Spike missiles. I dont think that Israel-Egypt war is possible in any visible future.

When I served Egypt was not considered a threat at all.

1) Mobility. I don't see any serious difference here. In some terrains AK will have advantage in others Mk4.
2) Firepower. Merkava uses modern Western standard 120-mm gun and FCS. I cant tell FCS of AK. I know that T-90S and T-84 rounds and FCS are weaker than Merkavas.
3) Protection. Merkava has decent front and best side, top, mine protection. AK has weak sides, top and mine protection. Cant tell about AK front, but does not look impressive either. Big advantage of Merkava is Trophy active protection system. Its only tank in the world with such system.

Technically Abrams is very serious opponent. However in Sinai desert it will be very vulnerable to our air force and Spike missiles. I dont think that Israel-Egypt war is possible in any visible future.

Thank you for your insight. One last question though...hope you won't mind... Are you a girl or a guy? I always see your avatars and it is always some girl from IDF...so thought that I should just ask it straight away :P

Is there any depleted Uranium in Merkava armament?
No.

Thank you for your insight. One last question though...hope you won't mind... Are you a girl or a guy? I always see your avatars and it is always some girl from IDF...so thought that I should just ask it straight away :P
I am a guy, girls dont serve in armor.

Why does the AK look like a Russian tank?

Maybe because it uses a similar layout as the one used on the T-72? It's a good layout.

Merkava can easily get a kill ratio of 7:1 or so against the Al Khaled, they are not even in the same league.

Mind if I ask how you came to this conclusion?

I personally think that Merkava has a best turret design among all tanks :P

Downgraded Abrams? Meh, I don't think they are a very serious threat. They are very vulnerable to heat-seeking munitions (thanks to its gas-turbine engine).

If it were an American operated one, along with America's air power; then that would be called a serious opponent.

I think the Merkava IV does use DU shells :confused:

On the other hand, AK is capable of firing DU rounds. Below is a photo of the Naiza 125 mm DU round:
naiza_du_125mm.jpg

Image ©: Usman Shabbir

Although, I do not know if the export MBT-2000 variant is capable of firing such a round.

Just a lil' correction, brother. AK is yet to be used on the western front. The tank which was 'destroyed' was a Al-Zarrar, it was hit by a RPG, then faced some real heavy caliber bullets, then again another RPG. Yet the crew was safe. It was repaired by HIT and it's again in service now ;)

Now coming to AK, if AZ can withstand 2 RPGs, you can well imagine what AK's armour which is way more powerful than AZ can resist. Though I'm not a expert on Tanks. You may wanna call in Mr. Nabil, he's the PDF expert on Tanks :D

Back
Top Bottom