What's new

Could the F-7PG package sorted out PAF BVR problem?

I was wondering and would like to ask how would our f7-pgs go againt indian af's mig-21's your views plzz ? i know i digged up a old thread lolz. :)

Mig-21 Bison Cockpit

iai3.jpg

I think the dorsal spine is visible

3383620322_75965ac7f0.jpg

With BVR missiles

mig21bison-side-P1020885-1200.jpg

f7pg's are going to be history
talk about jf-17

Last edited:
I don't even know why you guys are talking about BVR for PG?
PG pilots are trained in BVR and fight BVR. How and when did this development occur I cannot provide, heck I had difficulty swallowing this at first but its true. This info is first hand from a PG pilot in Samungli..so I would suggest you stop worrying about the PG being solely a WVR fighter, The pilot in question also made simulated BVR kills during High Mark. Go figure.!

I am 101% sure PAF have H-2( R-Darter) bvr missile , and Mirage3 /F-7PG (not F-7P) are equipt with its Grifo radar+H-2 BVR missile and U-Darter with HMDS.

Man all i asked was if in war time .. how would our f7-pg's go againt the indian mig-21's? not talking about bvr cap... and for some that stated f7-pg will be history not true they will be around for while till thunders take over more like the f7-p's will be first to go.

Noob question.....

Is there a way to distinguish between F-7P and F-7PG physically?? I mean looking externally?

Noob question.....

Is there a way to distinguish between F-7P and F-7PG physically?? I mean looking externally?

I coudnt make out any diffrence externally....................

F-7P has Italian FIAR Grifo-Mk-II radar and can track 4 targets simultaneously while engage one of four target tracked.

PAF_F-7P_Lahore.jpg

F-7PG has FIAR Grifo-MG radar

The Grifo-MG radar has better ECCM, look-down and shoot-down capabilities than its predecessor Grifo-Mk-II, while the weight remained the same. The number of targets can be tracked simultaneously is increased from the original 4 of the Grifo-Mk-II to a total of 8 of the Grifo-MG.

I coudnt make out any diffrence externally....................

F-7P has Italian FIAR Grifo-Mk-II radar and can track 4 targets simultaneously while engage one of four target tracked.

PAF_F-7P_Lahore.jpg

F-7PG has FIAR Grifo-MG radar

The Grifo-MG radar has better ECCM, look-down and shoot-down capabilities than its predecessor Grifo-Mk-II, while the weight remained the same. The number of targets can be tracked simultaneously is increased from the original 4 of the Grifo-Mk-II to a total of 8 of the Grifo-MG.

Thanks but i read somewhere in this forum that there is a slight difference in Wings or wing positions or something...

f7p

f-7 has simple delta wing
f-7pg curved delta wings
And cockpit Canopy

F-7P Newly-built Skybolt for the Pakistani Air Force (PAF). A total of 60 were built. Starting with this model, F-7s in the Pakistani service began to be upgraded with the Italian FIAR Grifo-Mk-II radar license assembled by the ISO - 9002 certified Kamra avionics, Electronics and Radar Factory of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).
In comparison to the Grifo-7, the new radar only weighs an extra 1 kg (56 kg total), but the sector of scan was increased to ±20 degrees from the original ±10 degrees of Grifo-7. The newer radar also had improved ECM and look-down and shoot-down capability, and can track 4 targets simultaneously while engage one of four target tracked.

F-7PG Export variant of the J-7PG, with the single piece windshield replacing the 3-piece windshield of the J-7PG. Pakistan ordered a total of 80 in two batches, with 50 and 30 respectively in each. According to the Pakistan Air Force, the performance at high altitude of the F-7PG has increased more than 83% in comparison to the F-7P/MP. Just like the earlier Italian FIAR Grifo-Mk-II radar on F-7MP/P, the Italian FIAR Grifo-MG radar of F-7PG will be assembled under license by the ISO - 9002 certified Kamra avionics, Electronics and Radar Factory of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).

information wikipedia

Last edited:
Aaaah i seee..... so the ones' i saw in Rawalpindi were F-7P's because they had simple wings.

One more question :oops:

What advantage does the delta wings have over the simple wings.

I am 101% sure PAF have H-2( R-Darter) bvr missile , and Mirage3 /F-7PG (not F-7P) are equipt with its Grifo radar+H-2 BVR missile and U-Darter with HMDS.
The Grifo MG radar has a range of 35+km; how on earth it would guide a 60+ km range R-Darter? No doubt the ROSE Mirages can but definitely not F-7PG until and unless they are equipped with something better than Grifo MG.

Last edited:

What advantage does the delta wings have over the simple wings.

I think you mean to ask about the advantage of the double or cranked delta over the full delta wing, which is the external difference between a PG and a P.

The cranked delta offers better low-altitude handling caracteristics, which was a major issue with the Mig-21, as well as lower and more controllable landing speeds, and therefore probably a shorter take-off and landing distance. There might be more than a non-aviator like me would know.

The Grifo MG radar has a range of 35+km; how on earth it would guide a 60+ km range R-Darter? No doubt the ROSE Mirages can but definitely not F-7PG until and unless they are equipped with something better than Grifo MG.

tell me

r-darter is active or sami active radar homing

if its active than its possible

because plan only guide it to a certain point than missile's radar kiks in and guide it rest of the way to the target

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Darter_(missile)

information on wiki about r-darter and its active radar homing missile

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom